Not eating enough for loosing a weight???!!!

Options

Replies

• Kate_therapist1
    Kate_therapist1 Posts: 75 Member
    Options
    ritzvin wrote: »
    • volume measurements for rice (and using post-cooked weight) can be wildly off (could amount to hundreds of calories difference).
    • Is the coffee your recipe (with weighed milk), or a random entry?
    • be wary of food made by others (I'm not familiar with Diet Chef - if it is a TV-dinner style meal, double check that what you think is meant to be 1 portion really is meant to be 1 portion (and not 2 or 2.5 or 3); if a restaurant thing, could be way off - different people may add different amounts of oils/butter)
    • Did you use any salad dressing/cheese/nuts/croutons/etc on the Tesco salad? (if yes, it is far more than 23 calories)
    • If the porridge is an instant thing and not individual packed servings, make sure your weight is correct. (volume measurements on porridge/oatmeal/etc can be way, way off).
    • a few empty days recently. a few others look possibly incomplete (missing dinner, etc).

(edit: typo)

I haven't used anything just had some veg from package on a side of my dinner.. dinner, lunch and breakfast are done for me.. as I ordered 28days diet... that's what they are promoting, that they have done counting and measuring for me.. I just have to add diary and fresh veg... and log in to this app... that's all what I'm doing, they are really small portions... can I post photo here??
  • kshama2001
    kshama2001 Posts: 27,900 Member
    Options
    Yes, use the Attach File or Attach Image button to post a photo.
  • Kate_therapist1
    Options
    kshama2001 wrote: »
    Yes, use the Attach File or Attach Image button to post a photo.

can't find it here..
  • kshama2001
    Options
    Looks like this on desktop. (No clue about mobile.)

25f3d745ffe25e4b57368d85a3537d37.png
  • Kate_therapist1
    Options

I see... I'm on mobile...maybe that why... nevermind, I just wanted to prove that this porridge is really 37,and all the food from diet chef is really small... anyway.. I feel even worse now.... thought I'm doing good,but obviously not...
  • kshama2001
    Options

I see... I'm on mobile...maybe that why... nevermind, I just wanted to prove that this porridge is really 37,and all the food from diet chef is really small... anyway.. I feel even worse now.... thought I'm doing good,but obviously not...

Relax :)

Like Dianne said, "If it's only been a week, then there may be nothing to worry about yet."

Have you also started any sort of exercise program recently? Where are you in your menstrual cycle? Many of us retain water at ovulation as well as premenstrually.
  • RoxieDawn
    RoxieDawn Posts: 15,488 Member
    Options
    How much water are your drinking a day?
  • Kate_therapist1
    Options

Like Dianne said, "If it's only been a week, then there may be nothing to worry about yet."

Have you also started any sort of exercise program recently? Where are you in your menstrual cycle? Many of us retain water at ovulation as well as premenstrually.

I'm not having period for last 3 months.... that's why I'm trying to loose weight...
  • TavistockToad
    TavistockToad Posts: 35,719 Member
    Options

I'm not having period for last 3 months.... that's why I'm trying to loose weight...

It's still only been one week.
  • Kate_therapist1
    Options
    RoxieDawn wrote: »
    How much water are your drinking a day?

not keeping track of it properly, but I think enough... 3lit definitely
  • Kate_therapist1
    Options

It's still only been one week.

I know... one week of eating 5times a day.. what's mean for me more then before... but I wasn't tracking before.. its just what I think.. so it might work.. I don't know now...
  • Kate_therapist1
    Options
    exercise? I'm trying joga, becouse of the back pain... and I don't know if that's counts but I'm working 12 hours shift on my legs, but more standing then walking though and trying to have around 10 000steps. I used to swim a lot, but then was feeling down, depressed so I stop everything....
  • sytchequeen
    sytchequeen Posts: 526 Member
    Options

This isn't meant to be a daft question... but could you be pregnant?

• Kate_therapist1
    Options
    amyepdx wrote: »
    If you are 300 lbs I’m estimating you have around 150 lbs to lose. This will be at least a 2-3 year project. I doubt you’ll want to pay for 36 months of pre-packaged meals. I know this is probably not what you want to hear, but try to start looking at it that way so your expectations are more realistic and you stay motivated and not get discouraged.

Once you get through your initial food boxes, I’d strongly advise to use the MFP setup, select 2 lbs a week to lose and get a realistic daily calorie allowance. It should be higher than 1200 calories at your weight. Eat whatever you like - just weigh and log it all. Try to increase your activity for a few extra calories.
    The trick is to learn new habits that you can take into maintenance. I’m afraid what you are trying to do now is setting you up for failure.

ok, I'll do it... 1200 will be fine, just ill have to learn on scale, hope is not that big deal... I'm ready to do it!

1200 is setting yourself up for failure. If you start on 1200 you have nowhere to go as you lose weight.

You say you do 10,000 steps at work so set yourself to at least light active.

you mean 1200 is not enough??