Not eating enough for loosing a weight???!!!

Options

Replies

• Kate_therapist1
    Kate_therapist1 Posts: 75 Member
    Options
    RoxieDawn wrote: »
    JaydedMiss wrote: »
    How much water are your drinking a day?

not keeping track of it properly, but I think enough... 3lit definitely

I was only curious about your water intake. Usually when a calorie deficit is created and one being as large of a deficit as yours I would have thought you would have dropped some water weight in your first week.

Your sodium amounts between what you were eating before you started the meal replacements has probably been an adjustment, I was curious if you were drinking too much i.e causing water rentention.

In any regard, did you setup a different calorie goal when you ordered your meal replacements than what MFP has given you to lose weight? How many pounds is 1850 to lose per week in MFP?

I feel like OP is the kind to read this and then drastically cut down drinking as if thats what your telling them to do. OP Its not what shes saying at all. Just pointing that out

That is not what I am telling her to do at all.

As it relates to this, it would be important though for her to understand lower sodium diets, lowish carb diets and proper electrolyte balance.

I cannot tell honestly how much she is actually eating. However thinking 1200 is the right amount and how much she is vs should be eating to lose weight seems to be of great confusion to her as well.

eta: on the opposite side of the spectrum she could be adding table salt to those meals since they are low in sodium, perhaps bland. :smiley:

I'm adding salt to everything, food what they sent me I wouldn't eat without extra salt... I think I eat to much salt.. that's why I'm always thirsty...

You might find that you see a little more results if you reduce the salt. Large amounts of sodium can lead to water weight, which might be masking your weight loss results.

Might be worth a try, just for a week or so, to see what happens if you really keep the sodium under control.

I see, ok .. I'm going to cut salt down...thanks a lot
  • collectingblues
    collectingblues Posts: 2,541 Member
    Options

I was only curious about your water intake. Usually when a calorie deficit is created and one being as large of a deficit as yours I would have thought you would have dropped some water weight in your first week.

Your sodium amounts between what you were eating before you started the meal replacements has probably been an adjustment, I was curious if you were drinking too much i.e causing water rentention.

In any regard, did you setup a different calorie goal when you ordered your meal replacements than what MFP has given you to lose weight? How many pounds is 1850 to lose per week in MFP?

I feel like OP is the kind to read this and then drastically cut down drinking as if thats what your telling them to do. OP Its not what shes saying at all. Just pointing that out

As it relates to this, it would be important though for her to understand lower sodium diets, lowish carb diets and proper electrolyte balance.

I cannot tell honestly how much she is actually eating. However thinking 1200 is the right amount and how much she is vs should be eating to lose weight seems to be of great confusion to her as well.

eta: on the opposite side of the spectrum she could be adding table salt to those meals since they are low in sodium, perhaps bland. :smiley:

I'm adding salt to everything, food what they sent me I wouldn't eat without extra salt... I think I eat to much salt.. that's why I'm always thirsty...

You might find that you see a little more results if you reduce the salt. Large amounts of sodium can lead to water weight, which might be masking your weight loss results.

Might be worth a try, just for a week or so, to see what happens if you really keep the sodium under control.

Treat it just as an experiment. :) It doesn't have to be forever, but you'll at least eliminate or confirm it as a variable.
  • Kate_therapist1
    Options

Treat it just as an experiment. :) It doesn't have to be forever, but you'll at least eliminate or confirm it as a variable.

I think you right.. Will try.. also how low it should be, now I have 2300 goal...
  • kshama2001
    kshama2001 Posts: 27,900 Member
    Options
    Ok, guys to make it clear.. English is not my first language, so I might be struggling to really explain what's is going on... I'm 30 years old, always fat, fighting with weight all my life.... why I asked you if eating more will help me is because one week ago, maybe bit more I sign up with diet chef, in instruction is to use this app and stay with calories allowance. But I realize I'm going to eat more. What I was doing before, I have only one lunch break at work.. no morning I had my coffe, than at 13 I had Wasabi.. whatever, hot bento, suchi.... I finished at 20 becouse I wanted to loose weight sometimes I skipped dinner just had tea.. or salad with chicken.... now I have to eat all this.... believe me or not I wasn't loosing weight

I understand you just fine :)

Your issues are common to new posters:
    1. You can (and should) eat more than 1200 and still lose weight.
    2. But you need to make sure you are measuring those calories accurately (food scale is most accurate).
    3. There are many reasons why you may not see weight loss immediately on the scale. Be patient.
  • Kate_therapist1
    Options
    kshama2001 wrote: »
    Ok, guys to make it clear.. English is not my first language, so I might be struggling to really explain what's is going on... I'm 30 years old, always fat, fighting with weight all my life.... why I asked you if eating more will help me is because one week ago, maybe bit more I sign up with diet chef, in instruction is to use this app and stay with calories allowance. But I realize I'm going to eat more. What I was doing before, I have only one lunch break at work.. no morning I had my coffe, than at 13 I had Wasabi.. whatever, hot bento, suchi.... I finished at 20 becouse I wanted to loose weight sometimes I skipped dinner just had tea.. or salad with chicken.... now I have to eat all this.... believe me or not I wasn't loosing weight

I understand you just fine :)

Your issues are common to new posters:
    1. You can (and should) eat more than 1200 and still lose weight.
    2. But you need to make sure you are measuring those calories accurately (food scale is most accurate).
    3. There are many reasons why you may not see weight loss immediately on the scale. Be patient.

Thank you, I understand now your point... hopefully I'm on good way... when I'll finish with diet chef.. I'll start measuring my food... thanks everyone for advices...
  • girlwithcurls2
    girlwithcurls2 Posts: 2,261 Member
    Options
    There are lots of helpful people on this site. Take a look at the stickies at the top of this forum. There are great links to things like weighing and logging accurately that are really helpful when you are new to all of this. If you can stay patient and lose slowly, new habits and routines will replace old ones. Don't try anything drastic, it's too hard to keep it up for a long time. You'll get lots of support here. You're asking good questions. And your English is fine :). Welcome!!
  • Kate_therapist1
    Options
    There are lots of helpful people on this site. Take a look at the stickies at the top of this forum. There are great links to things like weighing and logging accurately that are really helpful when you are new to all of this. If you can stay patient and lose slowly, new habits and routines will replace old ones. Don't try anything drastic, it's too hard to keep it up for a long time. You'll get lots of support here. You're asking good questions. And your English is fine :). Welcome!!

yey, thank you so much... I was feeling bit down after I posted here my issue...I'm definitely gonna havea look bit deeper into it..
  • jennifer_417
    jennifer_417 Posts: 12,344 Member
    Options
    Look at the numbers. It's all there in black and white. If you eat fewer than you burn, then you will lose weight.

However, if you eat too little consistently (like 800 calories a day), you're not giving your body what it needs to function, and you're risking all kinds of health problems.
  • paperpudding
    paperpudding Posts: 8,991 Member
    Options
    Your questions are not stupid and you seem willing to learn and to apply new knowledge. :)

I'm not sure where you got 2100 BMR from though

I agree with others that 1200 is going to be too low a calorie setting for you - but I cant see it being as high as 2100 either.

Can you post your height and current weight so posters can put your stats through MFP themselves to check this is right.

( We already know you are female, 30 years old and at least lightly active)
  • serindipte
    serindipte Posts: 1,557 Member
    Options
    Your questions are not stupid and you seem willing to learn and to apply new knowledge. :)

I agree with others that 1200 is going to be too low a calorie setting for you - but I cant see it being as high as 2100 either.

Can you post your height and current weight so posters can put your stats through MFP themselves to check this is right.

She said she is 137kg, her BMI likely is @2100.
  • paperpudding
    paperpudding Posts: 8,991 Member
    Options
    That seems a lot to me - but OK, I havent done any calculations from that sort of starting weight.

Still, wouldnt hurt for full stats to be provided, like I said - and someone check calorie allowance is on target.
  • try2again
    try2again Posts: 3,562 Member
    Options
    I have to apologise for being stupid. I was here for a first time, didn't even know, that this app got community. I properly have gone through every Must read post and find out what's going on... Guys I have to eat 2100 that's my BMR ... thanks everyone, my bad I didn't look into it.. and just asked stupid question... let's have calorie deficit)))) healthy one....

You are not stupid! Many don't realize they can find info in the must reads. What's frustrating is when you point that out to people and they ignore you or argue with good advice. You are obviously here to learn :)
  • Kate_therapist1
    Options
    serindipte wrote: »

yes, thats my weigjt (((stepping on scale tomorrow, hopefully will be less.. Will loce5if someone help me with this calorie allowance, I found a link to calculate it here in must read
  • collectingblues
    collectingblues Posts: 2,541 Member
    Options

yes, thats my weigjt (((stepping on scale tomorrow, hopefully will be less.. Will loce5if someone help me with this calorie allowance, I found a link to calculate it here in must read

So not knowing your height, I plugged in that you were slightly active, and then 30 for your age, your weight, and presumed 5'4" for height into this calculator: https://www.sailrabbit.com/bmr/

It showed me a BMR of 2096, so just about 2100.

It showed a TDEE of 2882.

That means to lose two pounds a week, you should eat in the ballpark of 1882 -- but, then you're not adding any exercise calories back in, because this *includes* your exercise activity.
  • Kate_therapist1
    Options

So not knowing your height, I plugged in that you were slightly active, and then 30 for your age, your weight, and presumed 5'4" for height into this calculator: https://www.sailrabbit.com/bmr/

That means to lose two pounds a week, you should eat in the ballpark of 1882 -- but, then you're not adding any exercise calories back in, because this *includes* your exercise activity.

Oh thanks a lot, I better understand metric so I'm 167cm, 137kg,30
    Active, I don't know how to count this yet, I'm standing all day long on feet, about 8k to 12k steps, around 20 floors.. this is like 5 days a week, days off less... but I'm doing joga, not sure if I'm burning something with joga, doing just becouse back pain

MFP set me on 1850 so I'll stick with that then

Thanks a lot again
  • Kate_therapist1
    Options

Active, I don't know how to count this yet, I'm standing all day long on feet, about 8k to 12k steps, around 20 floors.. this is like 5 days a week, days off less... but I'm doing joga, not sure if I'm burning something with joga, doing just becouse back pain

Thanks a lot again

Hi, 2 weeks later I realize I'm loosing a weight with only 1200 ccal a day... can I carry on with this?? or you think will be better to eat more??
  • lynn_glenmont
    lynn_glenmont Posts: 9,966 Member
    Options

Thanks a lot again

Hi, 2 weeks later I realize I'm loosing a weight with only 1200 ccal a day... can I carry on with this?? or you think will be better to eat more??

How much weight in two weeks?