Not eating enough for loosing a weight???!!!

Options

Replies

• animatorswearbras
    animatorswearbras Posts: 1,001 Member
    Options
    amyepdx wrote: »
    If you are 300 lbs I’m estimating you have around 150 lbs to lose. This will be at least a 2-3 year project. I doubt you’ll want to pay for 36 months of pre-packaged meals. I know this is probably not what you want to hear, but try to start looking at it that way so your expectations are more realistic and you stay motivated and not get discouraged.

Once you get through your initial food boxes, I’d strongly advise to use the MFP setup, select 2 lbs a week to lose and get a realistic daily calorie allowance. It should be higher than 1200 calories at your weight. Eat whatever you like - just weigh and log it all. Try to increase your activity for a few extra calories.
    The trick is to learn new habits that you can take into maintenance. I’m afraid what you are trying to do now is setting you up for failure.

ok, I'll do it... 1200 will be fine, just ill have to learn on scale, hope is not that big deal... I'm ready to do it!

1200 is setting yourself up for failure. If you start on 1200 you have nowhere to go as you lose weight.

You say you do 10,000 steps at work so set yourself to at least light active.

you mean 1200 is not enough??

1200 is an extremely small amount of food to maintain long term if you include all your drinks and condiments and weigh everything properly I couldn't manage it all the time, I lose on 1600 cals.

If you're getting 10000 steps a day 1850 sounds right, but you could go down a couple of hundred cals off that if you wanted, just make sure you are super strict about weighing and measuring everything that goes in your mouth, including cooking oils, condiments etc and don't rely on packaging and spoon/cup measures unless it's liquids. If you do that you'll see the weight shift in no time at a healthy and sustainable pace. :)

Also don't mix up dry weights with cooked weights for rice, pasta, potatoes etc and always measure dry.

Good luck x
  • RoxieDawn
    RoxieDawn Posts: 15,488 Member
    edited May 2018
    Options
    RoxieDawn wrote: »
    How much water are your drinking a day?

not keeping track of it properly, but I think enough... 3lit definitely

I was only curious about your water intake. Usually when a calorie deficit is created and one being as large of a deficit as yours I would have thought you would have dropped some water weight in your first week.

Your sodium amounts between what you were eating before you started the meal replacements has probably been an adjustment, I was curious if you were drinking too much i.e causing water rentention.

In any regard, did you setup a different calorie goal when you ordered your meal replacements than what MFP has given you to lose weight? How many pounds is 1850 to lose per week in MFP?
  • JaydedMiss
    JaydedMiss Posts: 4,286 Member
    Options

I was only curious about your water intake. Usually when a calorie deficit is created and one being as large of a deficit as yours I would have thought you would have dropped some water weight in your first week.

Your sodium amounts between what you were eating before you started the meal replacements has probably been an adjustment, I was curious if you were drinking too much i.e causing water rentention.

In any regard, did you setup a different calorie goal when you ordered your meal replacements than what MFP has given you to lose weight? How many pounds is 1850 to lose per week in MFP?

I feel like OP is the kind to read this and then drastically cut down drinking as if thats what your telling them to do. OP Its not what shes saying at all. Just pointing that out
  • RoxieDawn
    RoxieDawn Posts: 15,488 Member
    edited May 2018
    Options
    JaydedMiss wrote: »

I feel like OP is the kind to read this and then drastically cut down drinking as if thats what your telling them to do. OP Its not what shes saying at all. Just pointing that out

That is not what I am telling her to do at all.

As it relates to this, it would be important though for her to understand lower sodium diets, lowish carb diets and proper electrolyte balance.

I cannot tell honestly how much she is actually eating. However thinking 1200 is the right amount and how much she is vs should be eating to lose weight seems to be of great confusion to her as well.

eta: on the opposite side of the spectrum she could be adding table salt to those meals since they are low in sodium, perhaps bland. :smiley:
  • Kate_therapist1
    Kate_therapist1 Posts: 75 Member
    Options

As it relates to this, it would be important though for her to understand lower sodium diets, lowish carb diets and proper electrolyte balance.

I cannot tell honestly how much she is actually eating. However thinking 1200 is the right amount and how much she is vs should be eating to lose weight seems to be of great confusion to her as well.

eta: on the opposite side of the spectrum she could be adding table salt to those meals since they are low in sodium, perhaps bland. :smiley:

I'm adding salt to everything, food what they sent me I wouldn't eat without extra salt... I think I eat to much salt.. that's why I'm always thirsty...
  • Kate_therapist1
    Options

what is OP, I'm here first week.... sorry
  • Go_Deskercise
    Go_Deskercise Posts: 1,630 Member
    Options

what is OP, I'm here first week.... sorry

OP = you - Original Poster
  • Kate_therapist1
    Options
    Ok, guys to make it clear.. English is not my first language, so I might be struggling to really explain what's is going on... I'm 30 years old, always fat, fighting with weight all my life.... why I asked you if eating more will help me is because one week ago, maybe bit more I sign up with diet chef, in instruction is to use this app and stay with calories allowance. But I realize I'm going to eat more. What I was doing before, I have only one lunch break at work.. no morning I had my coffe, than at 13 I had Wasabi.. whatever, hot bento, suchi.... I finished at 20 becouse I wanted to loose weight sometimes I skipped dinner just had tea.. or salad with chicken.... now I have to eat all this.... believe me or not I wasn't loosing weight
  • Kate_therapist1
    Options
    PAV8888 wrote: »
    300lb and 10K steps (= MFP Active) and 1200? Not if the Calories in are correctly measured. Plus this is definitely not a sprint. So take it easy, hey? Reasonable deficits applied consistently = results!

Thanks, if I can eat more ill be no more then happy, it just doesn't make sence to me... but I'm on it...
  • Kate_therapist1
    Options
    deviette wrote: »
    English not being your first language might explain a lot. You do sound a little OTT(over the top) with your reactions to each individual comment.

The general advice is this:
    - Stick to your calorie suggestion for the day. Eating too little may make you hungry. It may make you snack without even thinking about it.
    - Weigh all your ingredients before you cook them and use weight as apposed to cups or "portions" where possible.
    - Log everything that goes into your mouth, drinks too
    - Don't forget cooking oils, log those too
    - Make sure you're properly recording the correct portion sizes (because the difference the weight of something as cooked, and something as raw can be very different)
    - Try and be specific with your logging and avoid "generic" versions of something
    - Check the calorie count per 100g/ml against what's on the side of the packet. The MFP database isn't always accurate

Good luck :smile:
    English not being your first language might explain a lot. You do sound a little OTT(over the top) with your reactions to each individual comment.

- Stick to your calorie suggestion for the day. Eating too little may make you hungry. It may make you snack without even thinking about it.
    - Weigh all your ingredients before you cook them and use weight as apposed to cups or "portions" where possible.
    - Make sure you're properly recording the correct portion sizes (because the difference the weight of something as cooked, and something as raw can be very different)
    - Try and be specific with your logging and avoid "generic" versions of something
    - Check the calorie count per 100g/ml against what's on the side of the packet. The MFP database isn't always accurate

Thank you, and I'm really sorry I don't want to sound OTT... For now I'm not cooking just adding my ready meals... just now I've had my lunch mashroom pasta already made I just heated up.. 208kcal... that's why, as you guys told me its not enough I went to pret and bought a soup... doing my best, really... hoping this is going to work... thank you again...
  • Kate_therapist1
    edited May 2018
    Options
    try2again wrote: »
    PAV8888 wrote: »
    300lb and 10K steps (= MFP Active) and 1200? Not if the Calories in are correctly measured. Plus this is definitely not a sprint. So take it easy, hey? Reasonable deficits applied consistently = results!

Thanks, if I can eat more ill be no more then happy, it just doesn't make sence to me... but I'm on it...

You can definitely eat more calories and lose weight, but note everyone is telling you *correctly measured* calories. That means food scale.

understood, thank you
  • Deviette
    Deviette Posts: 979 Member
    Options
    Thank you, and I'm really sorry I don't want to sound OTT... For now I'm not cooking just adding my ready meals... just now I've had my lunch mashroom pasta already made I just heated up.. 208kcal... that's why, as you guys told me its not enough I went to pret and bought a soup... doing my best, really... hoping this is going to work... thank you again...
    No worries

I love soup a a weight loss too. As long as it's not a creamy one, I always find they're so many less calories than I'm expecting :smile:

• Kate_therapist1
    Options
    No worries

I love soup a a weight loss too. As long as it's not a creamy one, I always find they're so many less calories than I'm expecting :smile:

exactly, just something about 100... but I feel I'm going explode soon... lol
  • collectingblues
    collectingblues Posts: 2,541 Member
    Options

I'm adding salt to everything, food what they sent me I wouldn't eat without extra salt... I think I eat to much salt.. that's why I'm always thirsty...

You might find that you see a little more results if you reduce the salt. Large amounts of sodium can lead to water weight, which might be masking your weight loss results.

Might be worth a try, just for a week or so, to see what happens if you really keep the sodium under control.