Not eating enough for loosing a weight???!!!

Hey, I'm really struggling... so many people told me that I'm simply not eating enough.. how is that possible??! Logically if I'll carry on like this it's not gonna work.. I need to loose a weight☹️ I'm so scared of ill eat more ill gain more.. please any ideas, advises??... Thanks a lot.... BTW.. I have my goal set for 1850 kcal.. but sometimes on the end of the day I have1000 left

Replies

• tennisdude2004
    tennisdude2004 Posts: 5,609 Member
    Under eating would lead to lean mass loss and then you really would see the weight falling off (and not in a healthy way).

A bit more background about you and your diet and your goal weight would help the members answer your question.

• Kate_therapist1
    Kate_therapist1 Posts: 75 Member
    Thanks a lot everyone, well I'm not on 850 every day... it's been happening sometimes...as I sign up with diet chef programe and meal has about 200 cal.. so that's why... as you said fat should be dropping... but I really feel that im eating more then before... as I have to eat 5 times a day... never before... wasn't trucking tho.. I'm on 137 kg about 300 pounds.. ridiculous...
  • Kate_therapist1
    people wouldn't starve to death if eating too little stopped them losing weight.

do you weigh your food with scales?

if you were truly eating only 850cals the weight would be dropping off you.

so why is not dropping..
    I haven't been tracking before.. but now since I'm on diet chef I'm eating more, that's what freaks me out
  • Kate_therapist1
    AnnPT77 wrote: »
    Over-restriction is a form of stress, and stress can lead to water weight retention (as can a dozen of other things that otherwise perfectly healthy bodies do). Water isn't fat, and you shouldn't worry about it.

Undereating, on the other hand, is a health risk - it can be a serious risk. 850 calories is undereating for any medically normal, non-comatose human above 4 feet tall (more or less). Starving people don't hold onto weight and stay fat; if they did, no one would ever starve to death. Sometimes water weight, and fatigue, slow down the loss one sees on the scale at very low calories, but weight loss doesn't stop, it's just slowed/hidden. Eating more, paradoxically, may seem to provide better loss results.

Eating more may cause a temporary scale increase, because you'll have more food on average in your digestive system, and the extra salt and carbs may cause some additional water weight retention. Neither in-transit food nor water weight are body fat, either, so - once again - you shouldn't worry about them.

Eat more, up to the amount MFP suggests you eat in order to lose no more than 1% of your current body weight weekly. Either don't weigh yourself for a couple of weeks, or commit yourself to not freaking out if you see a temporary increase. Everything will be fine.

Oh, and - all of the comments/questions about how you weigh/measure and log your food, etc. - those definitely still apply.

ok, I'll stick to 1850... might end up in McDonald's tho... just kidding...Will see
    Thanks a lot
  • TavistockToad
    TavistockToad Posts: 35,719 Member
    edited May 2018
    Open your diary, people might be able to give you some pointers?
  • Kate_therapist1
    sorry I'm quite new here, can you help me how to do it, please?
  • Kate_therapist1
    JaydedMiss wrote: »
    not not 300 lbs while eating 850 calories a day and not losing weight. Your eating more then you think. By alot.

noo, it just happens sometimes.. ☹️☹️☹️ not eating everyday the same...
  • Kate_therapist1
    Open your diary, people might be able to give you some pointers?

it's public now
  • cass412014
    cass412014 Posts: 25 Member
    How are you tracking your calories? Are you measuring and weighing everything you eat? I am pretty sure you're not eating 850 calories.
  • Kate_therapist1
    cass412014 wrote: »
    How are you tracking your calories? Are you measuring and weighing everything you eat? I am pretty sure you're not eating 850 calories.

omg, nooo.. Sometimes, I just said sometimes I have 1000 calories left...
  • Kate_therapist1
    It looks like you've only been tracking since the 17th. Is that accurate? If it's only been a week, then there may be nothing to worry about yet.

One thing to watch out for is that it looks like you're accepting Diet Chef's numbers as gospel. We just went through this in another thread where the poster was using a meal prep service and their calories differed drastically from the estimates the company sent with her meals. It might be worth making sure that you're weighing and logging exactly for a little while just to see.

Yes I bought 28days diet, I have all my food ready here... ☹️ already regreting it..
  • Kate_therapist1
    37 grams of diet porridge?!? Do you know how little that is? Maaaaybe two spoonfuls. (Unless it was uncooked?) 70 grams of lunch yesterday?!? No way.

Get a food scale.

Check out this thread...
    https://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/discussion/10634517/you-dont-use-a-food-scale/p1

Yep, I know how little it is... that's what they told me to do... I have my meals ready.. ordered 28days days diet..