Ask the Cop

Options

Replies

• skctilidie
    skctilidie Posts: 1,405 Member
    Options
    LSmith0018 wrote: »
    Do the Police REALLY want to know about the annoying neighbor's barking dog at 3a.m., the cars parked in the bicycle lane blocking my ride forcing me into the street, the abandoned truck blocking the local fire hydrant, that sort of public thing??

When our call volume is high, no. If it’s quiet, that’s part of the whole “protect and serve”.

Do you really say that curse of a word “quiet”? Saying it in the hospital is pretty much grounds for being slapped, because it nearly always guarantees a sudden change from a nice calm night to the shift from hell.
  • allaboutthecake
    allaboutthecake Posts: 1,531 Member
    Options
    Do the Police REALLY want to know about the annoying neighbor's barking dog at 3a.m., the cars parked in the bicycle lane blocking my ride forcing me into the street, the abandoned truck blocking the local fire hydrant, that sort of public thing??

When our call volume is high, no. If it’s quiet, that’s part of the whole “protect and serve”.

Good to know. I expect the weekends/holidays are rampant calls.
    I have actually asked and verified more than a few times with the local dispatch...do they REALLY want to know...especially on the barking dogs lol. She said "a police officer reporting to the homeowner their dog barking is a nuisance will keep that sleep-deprived neighbor from escalating it to a serious matter." I appreciated her candor.
  • LSmith0018
    LSmith0018 Posts: 134 Member
    Options

Good to know. I expect the weekends/holidays are rampant calls.
    I have actually asked and verified more than a few times with the local dispatch...do they REALLY want to know...especially on the barking dogs lol. She said "a police officer reporting to the homeowner their dog barking is a nuisance will keep that sleep-deprived neighbor from escalating it to a serious matter." I appreciated her candor.

Last night for example, I was tied up for two hours with a stolen car, and the people/drugs inside it.
  • Just_Mel_
    Just_Mel_ Posts: 3,992 Member
    Options
    You still never answered if you're in Oklahoma.
    I guess I'll have to drive back and forth across I-40 speeding until someone who looks like you pulls me over in order to find out.
  • BacktheBlue18
    BacktheBlue18 Posts: 23 Member
    Options
    skctilidie wrote: »

Do you really say that curse of a word “quiet”? Saying it in the hospital is pretty much grounds for being slapped, because it nearly always guarantees a sudden change from a nice calm night to the shift from hell.

NEVER SAY THE Q WORD
  • mustacheU2Lift
    mustacheU2Lift Posts: 5,844 Member
    Options

NEVER SAY THE Q WORD

Quills?
  • BacktheBlue18
    BacktheBlue18 Posts: 23 Member
    Options

NEVER SAY THE Q WORD

Quills?

lol
  • LSmith0018
    Options
    I guess I'll have to drive back and forth across I-40 speeding until someone who looks like you pulls me over in order to find out.

I am in a suburb of Tulsa.
  • LSmith0018
    Options
    _barefoot_ wrote: »
    How dose one know how much they can drink , so they don't get pulled over from driving drunk ?

Uber is too cheap to even chance it.
  • xFunctionalStrengthx
    xFunctionalStrengthx Posts: 4,928 Member
    Options
    _barefoot_ wrote: »
    How dose one know how much they can drink , so they don't get pulled over from driving drunk ?

Uber is too cheap to even chance it.

Agreed.

To take it even further, it depends on too many factors in terms of how much is too much. Types of alcohol (beer vs wine vs tequila vs Scotch), how hydrated you are, how much food you've had to eat, temperatures, etc. all have an impact.

• slimgirljo15
    slimgirljo15 Posts: 269,440 Member
    Options
    PAFC84 wrote: »
    aeloine wrote: »
    79lth5trcj63.jpeg
    Uni pic.

What's the yellow thing?

Its a yellow flag. He throws it on the ground if he spots a crime-you know like referees in the NFL

Damn, I've missed you :laugh:

What's the strangest callout you've ever had.. maybe one that made you laugh?
  • LSmith0018
    Options
    79lth5trcj63.jpeg
    Uni pic.

What's the yellow thing?

Its a yellow flag. He throws it on the ground if he spots a crime-you know like referees in the NFL

An opossum in a woman’s kitchen.
  • Just_Mel_
    Options

Are you a Thunder fan?
    The answer is crucial to how I will judge you from now on.
  • LSmith0018
    Options

Are you a Thunder fan?

I’m not a basketball fan at all. I’m the largest Bama fan living in OK though; ROLL DAMN TIDE!!!
  • LSmith0018
    Options
    xrreo9bxauxv.jpeg
    dkbfedg7f855.jpeg
    6niw253t2n8n.jpeg
    7njvtfsuxl54.jpeg
  • Just_Mel_
    Options

Are you a Thunder fan?

I’m not a basketball fan at all. I’m the largest Bama fan living in OK though; ROLL DAMN TIDE!!!

Go to one Thunder game. You'll change your mind.
    Thunder Up!
  • LSmith0018
    Options

Are you a Thunder fan?

Not a basketball fan at all.
  • slimgirljo15
    slimgirljo15 Posts: 269,440 Member
    Options
    79lth5trcj63.jpeg
    Uni pic.

What's the yellow thing?

An opossum in a woman’s kitchen.

Idk what an opossum is? Im guessing a type of possum..
  • Misty_1375
    Misty_1375 Posts: 759 Member
    Options

Same here! I’m an engineer for a medical record and god forbid we say the “Q” word then all hell breaks loose! Hospitals calling in issues like crazy!
  • Misty_1375
    Misty_1375 Posts: 759 Member
    edited June 2018
    Options
    xrreo9bxauxv.jpeg
    dkbfedg7f855.jpeg
    6niw253t2n8n.jpeg
    7njvtfsuxl54.jpeg

ROLL TIDE! 839im14t0wo7.jpeg