TN doesn't chase but GA state troopers do

Good to know, although I don’t live anywhere near there
  • kinetixtrainer2
    kinetixtrainer2 Posts: 9,096 Member
    Options
    do you chase sportbikes?

I’m curious for the answer to this too

Same. Troopers will but we don’t unless it’s a felony crime. Ugly wrecks when they happen.
  • Merrysailor5
    Merrysailor5 Posts: 1,424 Member
    Options
    Dear Cop... Why couldn't the officer that pulled me over on my way to work this PM, just tell me to fix my break light.... instead of issuing me a ticket for it? :(
  • kinetixtrainer2
    Options
    Dear Cop... Why couldn't the officer that pulled me over on my way to work this PM, just tell me to fix my break light.... instead of issuing me a ticket for it? :(

He was probably a traffic safety officer
  • LSmith0018
    LSmith0018 Posts: 134 Member
    Options

Definitely would’ve been assigned to a traffic unit.
  • xFunctionalStrengthx
    xFunctionalStrengthx Posts: 4,928 Member
    Options

Is it a "Fix it" ticket" Here, those are just written repair orders that don't cost anything unless you don't repair it. usually, go to PD and have them sign off on it so they know it's been done.
  • Merrysailor5
    Merrysailor5 Posts: 1,424 Member
    Options

Is it a "Fix it" ticket" Here, those are just written repair orders that don't cost anything unless you don't repair it. usually, go to PD and have them sign off on it so they know it's been done.

No, it was a ticket with a fine.
  • snickerscharlie
    snickerscharlie Posts: 8,578 Member
    Options

Are tickets quotas a thing, or no?
  • LSmith0018
    LSmith0018 Posts: 134 Member
    Options

In Oklahoma, quotas are illegal. The whole quota thing is a myth.
  • snickerscharlie
    snickerscharlie Posts: 8,578 Member
    Options
    LSmith0018 wrote: »

Thanks. I've always wondered about that.
  • millionsofpeaches1
    millionsofpeaches1 Posts: 409 Member
    Options
    do you chase sportbikes?

I’m curious for the answer to this too

Good to know, although I don’t live anywhere near there

are you planning to outrun the police?

Haha no, i don’t have a sport bike anyways.
    And after having worked in a jail, I prefer to not be behind the bars
  • Misty_1375
    Misty_1375 Posts: 759 Member
    Options
    What do cops think about on gun law?

Damn you! You’re trying to make people hate me I know it.

This is my short and simple opinion after doing this job 15 years.

The more that carry legally the better. I think everyone should be able to carry concealed as well. Never have I had to arrest someone for a violent shooting that was carrying legally. Never have I had to take a suspect down at gun point who was carrying a lawful firearm.

This does not mean that everyone should be able to purchase firearms. I think mental health issues and criminal histories should be looked at very carefully before being allowed to purchase.

This is so true. I don't think mental illness is taken as seriously as it needs to be.
  • Just_Mel_
    Just_Mel_ Posts: 3,992 Member
    Options

Oh *kitten* you're in OK? :grimace:
  • aeloine
    aeloine Posts: 2,163 Member
    Options
    79lth5trcj63.jpeg
    Uni pic.

What's the yellow thing?
  • 81Katz
    81Katz Posts: 7,074 Member
    Options
    aeloine wrote: »
    79lth5trcj63.jpeg
    Uni pic.

What's the yellow thing?

Good question? A Kraft cheese single?
  • kinetixtrainer2
    Options
    newmeadow wrote: »
    Why do policemen never have long hair like Steve Perry from Journey?

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcTWwrw5u4rXbXONcurLn7nwQQUpFJ6LIRthmujBCxtGlFyPyxZ1

Some do