MadisonMolly2017 Posts: 11,008 Member
    Options
    June 26
    Made art for several hours!!!
  • RubyRed427
    RubyRed427 Posts: 4,175 Member
    edited June 2018
    Options
    Went to my last painting class. Painted a country farmhouse with laundry hanging on a line. It started off as a big ugly mess. But when it was finished, the scene looked pretty good (but only if you stand 20 feet away from the painting. ). I enjoyed it so much I will sign up for more classes in July. If any of you liked arts and crafts when you were little, i recommend getting back to basics and sign up for an art class. No skill required. It felt like i was a carefree child again. Xo
  • MadisonMolly2017
    Options
    @JulieAL1969
    Oh thanks for the great idea! I’m so glad you are having fun! Art transports me, but I tend to avoid it. Hoping I can overcome that internal resistance!
  • MadisonMolly2017
    Options
    June 28:
    Having tea with a dear friend who is just an angel. Haven’t seen her in forever. We arranged this month’s ago!

When I get home, I will work at least 15 minutes in my studio on the art piece I began yesterday!!

I will also do a guided meditation tape or a bubble bath later on. I’m in need of extra self-care currently. Hugs!
  • urloved33
    urloved33 Posts: 3,325 Member
    Options
    I made myself a huge fresh fruit salad, power walked and lifted. mmmmm
  • RubyRed427
    Options
    @JulieAL1969
    Oh thanks for the great idea! I’m so glad you are having fun! Art transports me, but I tend to avoid it. Hoping I can overcome that internal resistance!

Thanks! There's always something else to do, so it works for me to sign up for a class; then, it's like I honor my inner child. Xo
  • Idontcareyoupick
    Idontcareyoupick Posts: 2,832 Member
    Options
    nelja wrote: »
    For the first time,i made myself soup.

How'd it come out
  • MadisonMolly2017
    Options
    A big win: my 15 Mins of art was 27 Mins of bliss!

Skipping bath for a walk instead!
  • nelja
    nelja Posts: 282 Member
    Options
    It was really nice.I took some left over meat from the BBQ,cooked some potatoes,a few cups of frozen vegetables and instant soup powder to thicken it.I will really do it again.And it did not take very long to prepare.And the best part,it is all mine.The guys in my family do not eat soup :smile:
    nelja wrote: »
    For the first time,i made myself soup.

How'd it come out

• Orphia
    Orphia Posts: 7,097 Member
    Options
    4 km gentle walk and my ankle felt good.
    5 minutes handstand practice including a 10-second handstand.
    Wrote some stuff.
    Planted sugar snap peas.
    Lunch with mum and my nephew.
    Planted Rocket.
    Put a new lock on a cupboard door which led to a few hours of decluttering.
  • MadisonMolly2017
    Options
    June 29
    Went to a bookstore & perused for over an hour. Purchased one fun book: A Book That Takes It’s Time: An Unhurried Adventure in Creative Mindfulness by the same folks that create Flow Magazine! Lots of little paper journals, cards, stickers and great activities!!
    This will be my self-care activity for much of July!!
  • RubyRed427
    Options
    @MadisonMolly2017 Sounds like a wonderful time ! I love a bookstore. And I love all the things you purchased. I am going on vacation soon and will bring some craft things to work on. We go to a resort in W. Va. and just relax with extended family. During the day, we all do our own thing like reading, journaling, snoozing, etc.

One thing I did yesterday for self care was I forgave myself. I drank a few drinks Friday night and slept horribly. Saturday I felt sluggish and on the verge of a hangover. So, I told myself that I'm doing the best I can. I think it's important we be gentle and kind with ourselves as we would a friend.

Love this group! You give me many good ideas and I feel calm when I read your posts as if I indulged in your self care. Xo
  • RubyRed427
    Options
    @Orphia What does it mean "You planted rocket".

I love the snap peas planting you did! Great idea!
  • rheddmobile
    rheddmobile Posts: 6,840 Member
    Options
    Still here! Last day of June, is someone going to start a July thread?

I kept up my handstand practice, and incorporated reading into my mornings. Also I've been moisturizing my hands since I got my wedding ring resized and started wearing rings again. Having to think about what I'm doing for myself on a daily basis is a good thing!
  • RubyRed427
    Options
    @rheddmobile July thread has started. I"ll post the link again. Xoox
    Happy you're still here! Love your self care tips!
  • RubyRed427
    edited June 2018
    Options
    @rheddmobile ooopps I was responding to a different thread. Ignore the comment above!
  • MadisonMolly2017
    edited June 2018
    Options
    @JulieAL1969
    Thank you!! Yes, I feel as though we have a lot of similar interests! Crafts & art do seem to be self-care activities!! Your vacation sounds Perfect!! I can’t wait to hear more!

Great job forgiving yourself! “The Past is past” has helped me in so many ways to move Forward!

I’m so glad you, rheddmobile, @Orphia, @nelja
    @Idontcareyoupick @urloved33 @allison8668 @SaraKim17 & others are still here!!

YES, let’s continue in July ie tomorrow!!! @twyla77 Are you willing to create July’s group?!! This was such a good idea of yours!!! I am so appreciative of your wisdom!
  • Idontcareyoupick
    Idontcareyoupick Posts: 2,832 Member
    Options
    I haven't been doing as much as I can but like checking in and sheikh l seeing how well you ladies are doing. Definitely in for July. Need self care for birthday!
  • PKM0515
    PKM0515 Posts: 2,937 Member
    edited June 2018
    Options
    @Orphia What does it mean "You planted rocket".

I love the snap peas planting you did! Great idea!

[}quote="MadisonMolly2017;c-42241700"]June 29
    Went to a bookstore & perused for over an hour. Purchased one fun book: A Book That Takes It’s Time: An Unhurried Adventure in Creative Mindfulness by the same folks that create Flow Magazine! Lots of little paper journals, cards, stickers and great activities!!
    This will be my self-care activity for much of July!![/quote]

I love Flow Magazine; your new book sounds very interesting. (Stickers are another favorite thing.)

@JulieAL1969 , in the U.S. we tend to call "rocket" "arugula". There is a place near me that makes a delicious "Sicilian Farmhouse Salad" of arugula, tomatoes, black olives, and pine nuts with a wonderful lemon vinaigrette.

My self-care today was a trip to the farm market, where I splurged on fresh produce: bing cherries, red plums, squash, endive, mini lettuce, white corn on the cob, Yukon Gold potatoes, and kirby cucumbers. (The cherries were definitely a splurge, but they are perfect.)

Hope everyone is having a good weekend! :)