June Self-Care Challenge

Options

Replies

• Idontcareyoupick
    Idontcareyoupick Posts: 2,832 Member
    Options
    Stayed up late watching the shows i love that my family doesn't. It was enjoyable
  • RubyRed427
    RubyRed427 Posts: 4,175 Member
    Options
    urloved33 wrote: »
    i woke up w tremendous pain in my right hip...so I made a decision to not walk. I generally push myself through the pain...not today. today I gave myself the gift of mercy. <3

Love how you stated you gave yourself the gift of mercy. Xo
  • RubyRed427
    Options
    Yesterday, I pencil sketched a picture of one of my quartz crystals and read a chapter in a book.

I'm happy you made time to sketch:)
  • RubyRed427
    Options
    @twyla77 I used to love reading magazines. Im happy you turned off electronics which can bleed our time, and just got back to the good things: magazine, popcorn, and peace.
  • thiswillhappen
    thiswillhappen Posts: 634 Member
    Options
    Last night I took the dog for a long walk to drop off a belated birthday gift at a friend's house. Then I had a bath and watched Gossip Girl in bed. It was very nice!!
  • katy_maher
    katy_maher Posts: 44 Member
    Options
    Orphia wrote: »
    katy_maher wrote: »
    Yesterday I got my eyebrows done and was right next to a thrift store and popped in (and found a $235 dress for $4). I also spent time on my curly hair which is hard to do in the summer and wore it down all day.

Today I vegged out on a couple episodes of the Real World and did some major cleaning in my office. Tomorrow I took the day off and want to do some more cleaning and decluttering but I also want to spend some time making things since I haven’t done it in a while - and because most of my self care has been tv or shopping so far.

@katy_maher Have you posted in the "Let it GO!" de-cluttering thread?

https://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/discussion/10620293/let-it-go-decluttering-simplifying-your-life-of-people-places-or-things-success-stories/p1

You'd make such a great contribution!

I hadn't heard of that thread and now I'm reading every single post - thank you for the tip! :)
  • katy_maher
    katy_maher Posts: 44 Member
    Options
    So I didn't get around to making anything today like I intended but I did do a ton of cleaning - I dumped some furniture that I wasn't using that was just taking up space (and I dropped it at a thrift shop so of course I shopped while I was there and found some Kate Spade shoes for $4).

I was about to head home after the furniture drop off but instead I took myself on a little trip to the next town over and poked around in some shops. I bought a book called "The Life Changing Magic of Not Giving a *kitten*" and some new non-stick pans because mine were extremely stick.
  • Orphia
    Orphia Posts: 7,097 Member
    Options
    Yesterday, I did some spring cleaning. I took my time and wiped each blade on the kitchen blinds. I had music playing and really took my time. I cleaned and a miracle occurred. I asked my teenagers for help and they each did some cleaning, too. My mom popped over and did some weeding. It really was a beautiful day with three generations working together to make a house a home. I seriously thought money cannot buy this kind of happy, content feeling. Then, even though I was tired, the kids and I went to the movies and out to dinner. My daughter said this was the kind of day she dreams of having - it was a perfect summer vacation day, she said. I agree with her.

What a lovely thing to read. :heart:
  • Orphia
    Orphia Posts: 7,097 Member
    Options
    Today I ran parkrun with a friend from 100 km away, and went for coffee with her afterwards.

One of her 50th year goals is 50 coffee dates with friends. So glad to be a part of it.

We have so much in common and think very alike, and it was one of those mornings when you have these real connections with people.
  • Idontcareyoupick
    Idontcareyoupick Posts: 2,832 Member
    Options
    I wore one of my favorite sun dresses today and felt pretty.
  • rheddmobile
    rheddmobile Posts: 6,840 Member
    Options
    Been too busy to post! But I did have the best birthday. One of the nicest parts was that I finally feel like I've got the blood sugar control down during holidays. Holidays used to really stress me out because I wasn't able to safely eat the foods I associate with the holiday. But this year I met a great baker and she made me a custom cake with stevia and almond flour and cream cheese filling, and my blood sugar after a huge piece was great!

The new sofa I got for my birthday was delivered today, so we have spent the day rearranging everything. The sofa is cat approved - grayish heather exactly the color of our two cats - and in fact one cat has already christened it by hocking up a hairball on it - and it didn't even stain because the hairball was exactly the same color! Take that!

I am still doing wall planks and working on walking my hands back towards the wall. Unfortunately can't run at the moment because of the air quality alert, but we plan to walk later.
  • S_Tr_S
    S_Tr_S Posts: 249 Member
    Options
    My oldest daughter came home for a few days so we got to spend time together as a family again. She's in college in another city and it's always such a treat to have her home.
  • ChozoSpectre
    ChozoSpectre Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    Kinda late to the party, but this looks like just what I need ;]
  • MadisonMolly2017
    MadisonMolly2017 Posts: 11,013 Member
    Options
    @donimfp this. Roughy a Huge smile to my lips- thank you!

And very happy memories of reading Amelia Bedelia to my students!!!! Thank you!
  • S_Tr_S
    S_Tr_S Posts: 249 Member
    Options
    Played chess with my nephew; he's always fun to be around.
  • MadisonMolly2017
    MadisonMolly2017 Posts: 11,013 Member
    Options
    June 16
    A lovely long hike in the hills - beautiful vistas. DH ran & we got to walk for two parts of it together!
    Breakfast outside with DH.
    A fun movie tonight.
    Really took care of myself today!
  • PKM0515
    PKM0515 Posts: 2,937 Member
    Options
    Meeting a friend for a walk this morning. There's a beautiful park where we love to walk. I think I may bring my camera and try to take a picture or two.

I hope everyone is enjoying the weekend! :)