June Self-Care Challenge

Options

Replies

• rheddmobile
    rheddmobile Posts: 6,840 Member
    Options
    @Orphia I started the Handstand challenge. I'm pretty sure they are being untruthful when they say anyone can achieve sufficient strength within 28 days - I do military presses all the time and no way are my arms strong enough to hold 150 lbs over my head, inverted. But nevertheless I'm gonna try it. I have so many bookshelves that it was hard to find a wall, but I did the plank and walk your feet up thing, as instructed. Will let everyone know how it goes.
  • MadisonMolly2017
    MadisonMolly2017 Posts: 11,013 Member
    Options
    June 10
    Breakfast outside with DH & then a 77min hike together! Gorgeous trees.
    Watched a delightful movie & relaxed after a nap :)
  • allison8668
    allison8668 Posts: 885 Member
    Options
    Yesterday I spent 20 minutes listening to Pema Chodron's Getting Unstuck talk - while sitting on my meditation bench.
  • Idontcareyoupick
    Idontcareyoupick Posts: 2,832 Member
    Options
    Yesterday i got to get almost caught up on one of the tv shows i enjoy
  • twyla77
    twyla77 Posts: 445 Member
    Options
    i love logging in to this thread after a day or two away and reading all these!! i am in need of some self-care this week, had a tough weekend, but will take some time to do something good for me this evening! lots of great ideas here! ❤️
  • RubyRed427
    RubyRed427 Posts: 4,175 Member
    Options
    Came back from acupuncture; he put the needles all over my sinus and ear area and I felt my ears unclog and can breath much better this evening. I worked out at the gym. I cooked breakfast for the kids. Just making some progress doing things around the house but still feel mindful and relaxed.
  • rheddmobile
    rheddmobile Posts: 6,840 Member
    Options
    Yesterday deep cleaned the living room in preparation for the new sofa. Rediscovered all the cat toys which have been under the sofa since forever.

Still doing the handstand challenge thing. Wall planking for 60 seconds at a time is making my shoulders feel like someone punched me in the arm muscle! I need to find a way to get more room next to the wall, I don't really have enough space to practice the pivoting bit. Whether or not this helps me achieve a handstand, it's going to improve my arm strength.
  • S_Tr_S
    S_Tr_S Posts: 249 Member
    Options
    Finally pulled up my big girl panties and got on the elliptical for ten minutes. I knew I'd enjoy it when I finally worked myself up to actually start.
  • MadisonMolly2017
    MadisonMolly2017 Posts: 11,013 Member
    Options
    June 11
    Watched a fun movie
  • allison8668
    Options
    Yesterday I spent over 2 hours outside on the patio - ate lunch there, and hung out with my daughter when she came home from school. Went for a 30 min walk and listened to Getting Unstuck for more self understanding.
  • RubyRed427
    edited June 2018
    Options
    Did some clearing of the mind about stuff I got upset about at work. Still bothered this morning but I was able to get to sleep instead of ruminating on it

I like to think about the quote: There are over 7 billion people on earth and you're going to let 1 person ruin your day?
    I am not minimizing what happened to you at work, but I try to do some self talk and remind myself that I've been through this before and worse and survived. Sending you a big hug.
  • RubyRed427
    Options
    Yesterday I spent over 2 hours outside on the patio - ate lunch there, and hung out with my daughter when she came home from school. Went for a 30 min walk and listened to Getting Unstuck for more self understanding.

I really have to look for getting unstuck. Is it on youtube?
  • RubyRed427
    Options
    @rheddmobile happy early birthday! I hope the whole week is fun and a celebration! Enjoy every second, birthday queen !
  • allison8668
    Options
    @JulieAL1969 I don't know if it's available in its entirety on youtube. I have it on audible.