WOMEN AGES 50+ FOR JUNE 2018

Options

Replies

• Snowflake1968
    Snowflake1968 Posts: 6,762 Member
    Options
    Tracie, I remember you! Welcome back!

Lanette, thanks for reading my stuff… I do ramble on occasionally.

Snowflake, I’m kind of in the opposite place. I want to be tied down, I want to be anchored to a piece of land. I want to be someplace that I want to be in all four seasons, instead of wanting to go down the road. But then, I’ve moved 30 times in 40 years (that’s where I stopped counting), so I want to be done. I think.

Carol, welcome! Let us know what you’d like to be called, and about where you are – we’ve got a couple Carols, and it lets us know who we’re talking to…

Heather
    , hope the cruise is amazing!

Sue
    , I remember when you moved there, doesn’t seem it’s been that long!

Vicki, glad to see you back, and so sorry about the pup.

Rebecca, hope the procedure is less demanding than the scan. Sounds like a horrible day.

Michele
    , that’s what we’re shooting for, as well. Don’t mind an upstairs bedroom or two, but want one-floor living. I know knee replacements are in my future, and I’d just as soon sleep in my own bed.

Jennifred2018
    , welcome! Let us know where you are (in general terms) and what you’d like to be called, so we can make you part of the conversation… We’ve got a couple of ketos, I think, plenty of folks to talk to about your path.

Karen in VA – those pups are gorgeous! I love Yorkies, had one for 13 years that my ex- and I picked up in Yorkshire, England. We named her Elf, and she thought she was a Doberman, pretty much. Such personality in such small bodies.

And, speaking of personality, am trying to type around Egg, the cat, and am obviously not paying her enough attention, so I’m off to kitty cuddling. No joy on last night’s houses. One was beautiful, but not enough land, one was held together with duct tape and spit, and the land was gorgeous. Already told Corey I need to take a break from house hunting. If it’s not absolutely perfect, I’m not even going. I sense a lot of “No, I don’t wanna…” OK, now Egg wants my coffee, and I do not want to see my kitty become a caffeine addict.

Love y’all!
    Lisa in Arkansas

I want to be tied down to a property and a place, but I want to be able to travel if I want without having to worry about anything dying while I'm gone. We have moved a lot too, not anywhere near what you have though that is insane!
  • lilnoramitchellandre
    lilnoramitchellandre Posts: 144 Member
    Options
    Barbiecat - Are you the one that has the saying of "Don't let the perfect - does something" ????? Friend of mine posted something on FB about it and a 'different take' on it. Wanted to send it to the person who actually posts it; and, I just could not remember if it was you, or not.

[]Well, ... WTI - So skip it if you want to. I haven't had a BM since before going to the Surgeon on the 31st to discuss the results of the test where they stuck the tube down my throat. He told both me and my husband we should be having 3 or 4 a day; because we eat 3 or more times a day. He was saying that a 20-year study proved that people in countries where they eat only natural foods shows they don't have any colon or stomach issues; but, America has a very high %. And we are a country of a big % of obese people. He told us that in a few years, they will find these countries starting having problems because of the McDonalds and KFC going all over the world. The Miralax worked for him and he backed up taking it 2x a day to 1x a day. It hasn't done 'squat' for me.

Another dose of it early this AM and still couldn't go. So, I decided I'd try one of the bottles of magnesium citrate and within an hour - I feel like I might not ever stop. I'll feel better when it stops being so ''really' dark. Was going to repot a couple of flowers; not sure I need to be away from the john that long, so I will wait until it 'hopefully' stops. I've had the lemon flavored before which wasn't bad; but, Publix only had the cherry (which isn't too bad). Reminds me of the time I took 2 TBSP of mineral oil, a capful of Miralax, and a bottle of the MC, and was scheduled for a follow-up with GYN. While the nurse was wrapping the sheet around me I told her what had happened and I just would be mortified if he did a 'rectal' exam (which is a part of his pelvic exams). She said, she'd take care of it. Thankfully, when he came in he said, 'well, I hear you don't want to have an exam, so I won't do it'. Lordy, Lordy - I was so happy he didn't. It's bad enough when the KY Jelly comes out as it is

Louis called a little while ago and 'pranked me'. He asked where Cracker was. She wasn't in her bed, so I went to the door and she came in. I said she's right her and he started lauging and said that he just wanted to check. I asked if she had jumped into the truck with him and he had only noticed (he is working in Americus today) which is equal distance as Albany is to us (about 30 miles). He said, 'no I just wanted to call to tell you that "I love you!" That made my day.

Joanna and Chip just remodeled a house for a man and his pregant wife. Like a lot of young women they wear a lot of 'jersy' tops/dresses and their little belly button show through very predominantely. I don't remember having mine do that ... I'm sure it probably did; just that I can't remember it. But, young people wear form-fitting outfits and I wore 'maternity clothes'. Of course, in my Mother's time - women stayed at home unless they just 'had to get out'. I guess it was because it was considered 'too sexual' for them to appear in public. But, I am pretty sure my Mother worked until she was showing because she was a teacher, then she worked for Daddy. I also know she'd never miss church. I do remember seeing a picture of her in a navy blue outfit that looked like it was her when she was pregnant.

For some reason whenever I start a new paragraph, I have to type the first word for it to start typing one space between them. The other day it was doing it word-by-word.

Well, not feeling so hot at the moment - so goodbye!

Lenora
  • Snowflake1968
    Options

Joanna and Chip just remodeled a house for a man and his pregant wife. Like a lot of young women they wear a lot of 'jersy' tops/dresses and their little belly button show through very predominantely. I don't remember having mine do that ... I'm sure it probably did; just that I can't remember it. But, young people wear form-fitting outfits and I wore 'maternity clothes'. Of course, in my Mother's time - women stayed at home unless they just 'had to get out'. I guess it was because it was considered 'too sexual' for them to appear in public. But, I am pretty sure my Mother worked until she was showing because she was a teacher, then she worked for Daddy. I also know she'd never miss church. I do remember seeing a picture of her in a navy blue outfit that looked like it was her when she was pregnant.

Lenora

Funny how times have changed isn't it. I remember my Grandmother making comments about what was proper for women to be doing while they were pregnant. I thought it was funny, now she would be horrified.
  • csofled
    csofled Posts: 3,022 Member
    Options
    :)<3B)
  • 1948Peachy
    1948Peachy Posts: 1,511 Member
    edited June 2018
    Options
    Heather ~ I can see why you like cruising! It must make you feel like a princess!
  • coastalgosgal
    coastalgosgal Posts: 2,900 Member
    Options
    ⚓⚓
  • janetr7476
    janetr7476 Posts: 4,001 Member
    Options
    The woman who ran the Keep Fit last cruise is here again. We had a lovely long chat. She is Northern Irish. Plus my favourite Maitre D. :D He's taken charge of all my AF wines, so I hope they don't get lost! We've got the table we asked for. It's the same chef as before. Wonderful food. I just go low carb and extra veggies.
    Soon we will go down for an alcohol free beer in the bar before dinner. Or I might have a very spicy tomato juice.
    We put the clocks forward one hour tonight.
    Tomorrow is a sea day. I've asked for the butler to bring tea at 7 am and then I will go for a run before breakfast. 30 times round the deck, clicking my clicker to keep count. DH will go to the gym. The pool is shut for cleaning until the 8th.
    We will get the programme tonight. I very much hope there is line dancing like last year.

Much love, Heather UK xxxxxxx

It sounds so romantic, I'd love to do that, hubby not so much. :(

Janetr
  • wildhorsewendy
    wildhorsewendy Posts: 563 Member
    Options
    Rye, here is the website I get my free guided meditations from. This lady psychologist has the most soothing voice and music combos. I love it: https://www.excelatlife.com/downloads.htm <3 Wendy
  • okiewoman510
    okiewoman510 Posts: 1,292 Member
    Options
    Good afternoon Ladies -

My week has not started out on a good foot! I noticed a bubble in the living room ceiling (like water was in it) after hubs headed out at 4 AM yesterday. I am not a fan of getting in the attic, so I called my handyman. He came out and found no evidence of a roof leak (thank goodness) but did find nasty water in the AC overflow plan. He tried to blow out the drain lines, and it helped some, but not enough. I have a call in to the AC people and they will be out Friday morning. In the meantime, the unit is off so I don't get any more damage. The weird part, this morning the bubble is gone and you can't tell it was ever there. I have not only photographic proof, but an eyewitness too so I know it did happen. Luckily we have a second unit for the "guest" side of of the house so I moved into the guest room.

Work was not enjoyable today at all. I was already grumpy with the AC being out in my office and then I had a coworker that was exhibiting major incompetence on multiple issues. Grrrr.

That's it for me. Sorry to complain!

Okie in the TX Hill Country
  • margaretturk
    margaretturk Posts: 5,060 Member
    Options
    Rye, here is the website I get my free guided meditations from. This lady psychologist has the most soothing voice and music combos. I love it: https://www.excelatlife.com/downloads.htm <3 Wendy

book marked it. Thanks
  • Vickil57
    Vickil57 Posts: 1,798 Member
    Options
    Summer has arrived in full force in Nebraska. Glad I work in an AC office. I do enjoy sitting on the porch in my rocker in the evening and watching the world go by. Last evening we had not been home very long and DH had let the two fur babies out as we have a fenced in yard and his phone rings. Someone wanted to know if we had a black small dog named Oscar. Sure enough DH went out and the trash truck hit the back of our fence in the alley and jacked the gate so that it was open. I am so glad they called and we got him home right away. DH was able to fix the gate to close.
    Heather--I am do excited for your trip and hearing all about it.
    Lisa--I understand about the house hunting, when I see some of the prices here in town I am so glad we got our house when we did.
    Time to sign off. Blessings, Vicki GI NE
  • suebdew
    suebdew Posts: 1,330 Member
    Options
    Finished putting house back in order. Tile and grout look brand new. Did a different yoga class today and was disappointed as it was too easy.
    Too hot to do anything outside so just chilling.
    SueBDew in TX
  • grandmallie
    grandmallie Posts: 9,727 Member
    Options
    debating on going to bingo tonight or not, I changed to go up and dont have to go to work early tomorrow,, so might throw caution to the wind..
    worked in Hartford and I have to work there next monday to.
  • Snowflake1968
    Options
    :)
  • barbiecat
    barbiecat Posts: 16,940 Member
    Options
    Barbiecat - Are you the one that has the saying of "Don't let the perfect - does something" ????? Friend of mine posted something on FB about it and a 'different take' on it. Wanted to send it to the person who actually posts it; and, I just could not remember if it was you, or not.

Lenora

:) Heather was the first one who quoted what you're thinking of and Katla had a similar quote. Here is the one I know, "Don't let the perfect be the enemy of the good".

qqlz05l8l25u.jpg

I got it from Gretchen Rubin who got it from Voltaire.