Replies

• csofled
    csofled Posts: 3,022 Member
    Options
    :)
  • okiewoman510
    okiewoman510 Posts: 1,297 Member
    Options
    Lisa - I love your dress!! What a gorgeous photo!!

Okie
  • grandmallie
    grandmallie Posts: 9,807 Member
    Options
    Morning Ladies~
    slept like a rock ,wow I was busy yesterday.. today is the morning routine.. get Tal on the bus, walk the dogs and feed DFIL , then home and maybe laundry.. going to try and see if I need to go up and do more cleaning at Dads in Dans room. we all want this done and over with but its not that easy.
  • KetoneKaren
    KetoneKaren Posts: 6,411 Member
    Options
    barbiecat wrote: »
    kw0pz7qxd4g1.jpg

Before we moved to Washington, we lived on five acres in Northern California where I grew sunflowers and Jake grew vegetables and sold them at the Farmers' Market. We loved every minute of it, and now we love having almost no yard to care for.
    ocd1opi5co6s.jpg
    Heather ☓
    My father-in-law gave me away at our wedding nine years ago. He was truly a lovely man.

6j2ov6ni4jqr.jpg

Lisa in AR

Love, Love, Love all of these photos!!! <3<3<3

Karen in Virginia

• spikeyhair
    spikeyhair Posts: 2,078 Member
    Options
    Lisa love your dress too

Lovely pic Heather

Doing 4 week KB workout again with 8kg weight and added 3x7reps using the 12kg, I skipped the 10kg because too mean to buy 2 at once. Haven't been back to the gym since our holiday but exercising at home with weights and youtube videos.

Have a great weekend

Kate UK <3
  • KJLaMore
    KJLaMore Posts: 2,836 Member
    Options
    Heather- Ooops! Missed your post while I was posting! Is that your new top?! You look fantastic! <3
  • margaretturk
    margaretturk Posts: 5,094 Member
    Options
    LOVE all the photos!
  • LisaInAR
    LisaInAR Posts: 2,020 Member
    Options
    Kelly - Love you back, love the news that you'll have Joaquin there with you this summer, and my respect for you just tripled looking at those pictures. You are stronger than I've ever thought about being. Love those pics, but they honestly make me tired just to think about trying to direct all that energy... you're a freaking saint.

Heather - that HAS to be the top you were talking about, it suits you to a T... :smiley: You look blissfully happy.

Am experimenting on cathedral window quilt variations today, and taking a break from that to paint... Love my solitary Fridays to just play with my own toys!

Lisa in AR
  • barbiecat
    barbiecat Posts: 16,983 Member
    Options
    :)Kelly, one year I had a second grade class that had twice as many boys as girls. At back to school night, when I told the parents about the boy/girl ratio, there was an audible gasp from the parents. You're right that the challenge is very different. I loved your photos.

:) About having a garden. I loved the chapter of my life when I had a garden but now I love the new chapter. Now I plant bulbs and spread bark. It's different and fun in its own way.

:) Today I teach my dance class...always fun and always unpredictable.

<3 Barbie
  • cityjaneLondon
    cityjaneLondon Posts: 12,358 Member
    Options
    Yes, folks that is my new top! Ain't it fun!!! I love the colours and the butterflies look hand painted on. After that picture was taken we had a dancing on deck party with the band. We danced through the gathering dusk with the lights coming on in the town. Magical. We did the conga right through the bar and kitchens. So fun.

Now we are motoring down the coast of Denmark to Germany.

This morning I ran 2 miles at 7 am, had breakfast, did line dancing at 9 am, listened to a wonderful lecture by a tv producer (Kate UK - Blue Peter for nearly 30 years) with some hilarious clips, then I went swimming for half an hour. Then lunch, melon and parma ham and calamari with pak choi. Stinky, runny cheese and coffee.
    Then, miracle of miracles, DH came with me to ballroom dancing lessons and we learnt waltz and Cha Cha. He is so not a dancer, but he did his very best. I'm proud of him. He was the only man there.
    Soon we are going to my favourite aerobics class together. The funny and friendly Danielle from Northern Ireland. DH has not been before.
    With the evening ballroom session I reckon I will have done around 800 calories burn today. :D Should help cope with all the stinky cheese I am eating. Heaven!

If you see a photo I have posted with minimal text, it's because I've momentarily switched to data while we are at port. The wifi on board can't send photos.

Much love to all, Heather UK xxxxxxx
  • cityjaneLondon
    edited June 2018
    Options
    PS - can someone explain property tax to me. And why is Rye's so expensive!!?
    We have council tax. Ours is around $3,000 a year. And ours is a big house. It covers, garbage collection, local roads, lighting, local schools, policing etc.
    Even renters have to pay it.
    Love Heather xxxxxxxxxx <3
  • cityjaneLondon
    Options
    Barbara and others - There are at least 70 solo travellers on the cruise and they are really looked after. Today they were having a special lunch. It looked like fun. No need to stay at home. :noway:

Love Heather xxxxxxxxxx
  • csofled
    csofled Posts: 3,022 Member
    Options
    :)
  • okiewoman510
    Options
    A/C guy is here. He thinks it is just a clogged drain line. Fingers crossed, I could have a nice cool bedroom again this evening and get to move out of the guest room!

Okie
  • 1948Peachy
    1948Peachy Posts: 1,511 Member
    Options
    Rye ~ Double digit taxes sounds awful! I sure hope it doesn't come to that here in my lifetime. :'(

Lisa ~ Beautiful picture of you, Cory, and his dad. Sorry about his passing but hope it was a peaceful one.

Kelly ~ Love the photos of the little guys. They look like they are having a ton of fun!

Heather ~ Miss Bea is looking like a grown up little lady! :)

We are waiting for the company we hired to install the missing chain link fence across our back yard. Son and family are going on vacation next week and really want us to keep their two dogs. If they have to be boarded for a week, it will cost around $600 which is way too much for their young family.

Carol in GA
  • klanders30
    klanders30 Posts: 2,569 Member
    Options
    Heather Bea going to school, oh my where did the time go? I remember her baby pics!

i treasure you ladies <3<3

NYKAREN
  • okiewoman510
    Options
    Like Rye our property taxes are high. Living in TX, we don't have state income tax so they hit us with high property taxes. We have seen ours increase the maximum 3 of the 5 years we have been here. That said, our property value has also gone up nicely, about 25% if we wanted a quick sale, 30% if we wanted to take our time and have the right buyer come along.

Okie
  • pipcd34
    pipcd34 Posts: 16,716 Member
    Options
    Michelle – NOPE, no white wine at all. No alcohol

Pip – We were all sitting eating lunch and people driving through the parking lot and they had to be going a minimum of 20mph. If a kid had broken away from his/her mother, he’d be dead. Good for you for cussing him out – he needed it. People just don’t think that anything is important other than where they are going and how fast they can get there. We have problems of people just breezing through red lights and I am not talking ‘trying to beat the red light by going to the yellow light’. You better look both ways before pulling out. Then they have this sign ordinance in Albany about size and placement of business signs. Now they let their landscaping grow up and you can’t see anything; or they have a list of 10 or 20 stores in a strip mall.

Have a great weekend everybody!

Lenora

i agree, everyone is in a hurry