What is Love?

Replies

• PAFC84
    PAFC84 Posts: 1,871 Member
    Wingsont84 wrote: »
    Love is steak and eggs, and if that's not love then I don't know what is... Maybe bacon and eggs

What if you're a vegetarian?

Then you will never experience love ;)
  • PAFC84
    I dont know. I still dont feel like I have ever really "been in love". I am not trying to sound sad or anything. I care alot about my husband and definitely wouldn't give him up lightly, but I just have never felt that whole "i cant live without you" type feeling that maybe love is supposed to be. Or not. Shrug. I never wanted to feel that way either so maybe that is the problem.

Love is different for different people. There's nothing wrong with not feeling like you can't live without him because clearly you can. Everyone can live without someone else. It is the choice to not live without them which is most powerful. Love is a choice and action. Feelings come and go and are not always an accurate depiction of reality.
  • 4legsRbetterthan2
    4legsRbetterthan2 Posts: 19,590 MFP Moderator
    PAFC84 wrote: »
    I dont know. I still dont feel like I have ever really "been in love". I am not trying to sound sad or anything. I care alot about my husband and definitely wouldn't give him up lightly, but I just have never felt that whole "i cant live without you" type feeling that maybe love is supposed to be. Or not. Shrug. I never wanted to feel that way either so maybe that is the problem.

Love is different for different people. There's nothing wrong with not feeling like you can't live without him because clearly you can. Everyone can live without someone else. It is the choice to not live without them which is most powerful. Love is a choice and action. Feelings come and go and are not always an accurate depiction of reality.

My grandmother has said something similar when discussing marriage. It seems pretty accurate in my experience so far.
  • PAFC84
    edited June 2018

My grandmother has said something similar when discussing marriage. It seems pretty accurate in my experience so far.

It's probably the first time a mod has commented on a post I've made without threatening an infraction. That's love right there ;)

How long have you been married?
  • 4legsRbetterthan2

I said something in another thread a while ago about how movies and books give us these exaggerated life experiences that, in reality, don't always/often occur.

You see it all the time - people fall madly in love and their whole world shifts and they think about each other 24/7 and their love is as deep as the ocean and blah blah blah. So if you don't experience this same thing in your own life it's hard not to feel let down sometimes even if what you do have is really good.

Yes, i think I saw your post a few days ago. I think you are on to something for sure. I definitely dont feel let down, i am happy with my choices and situation. I guess its just hard to not wonder "am I doing this right" as I go through life. But what is "right" anyways?
  • 4legsRbetterthan2
    edited June 2018

It's probably the first time a mod has commented on a post I've made without threatening an infraction. That's love right there ;)

True Loveeeee

4 years (also am I the only one seeing that question in the quote but not the post. And post isnt edited?)
  • PAFC84

Well said.

Thanks I read it on the internet lol it makes sense, esp to me.
  • PAFC84
    edited June 2018

True Loveeeee

4 years (also am I the only one seeing that question in the quote but not the post. And post isnt edited?)

My longest relationship is 33 years...with another person it's much less than 4 years lol

I edited my post at 1.34. I always edit my posts-spelling, grammar or something else occurs to me.
  • bojack3
    bojack3 Posts: 1,483 Member
    I don't think I could answer this question seriously.
  • 4legsRbetterthan2

True Loveeeee

My longest relationship is 33 years...with another person it's much less than 4 years lol

I editedy post at 1.34. I always edit my posts-spelling, grammar or something else occurs to me.

Its showing up edited now. I thought i was going crazy for a minute.

No comments necessary ;)
  • PAFC84
    Love is a homeless guy searching for treasure in the middle of the rain and finding a bag of gold coins and then slowly finding out they're all filled with chocolate and even though he's heart broken he can't complain cause he was hungry in the first place

That's hunger surely?

Same idea heh? Chemical reaction in the brain, compells you to satiate it, hits hard, slowly fades...

I could be wrong but this sounds more like lust to me....

Or being in love....which is more about the idea of the person/object
  • T_143
    T_143 Posts: 1,022 Member
    I have loved 3 times. Each one of them have been in different stages in my life. I dont open myself up to people and I'm not good at expressing deep emotions so when I do that's how I know it was love.

I can very much relate to this.

I can also relate to this!