What is Love?

Replies

• MichelleWithMoxie
    MichelleWithMoxie Posts: 1,819 Member
    Lounmoun wrote: »
    I think I knew my dh was special to me when I felt almost immediately that I could talk to him about anything. I felt incredibly right with him. That was pretty unusual for me.

This. It’s incredibly unusual that I feel completely comfortable and at ease around another person, and I did with him.
  • PAFC84
    PAFC84 Posts: 1,871 Member
    MichSmish wrote: »
    Lounmoun wrote: »
    I think I knew my dh was special to me when I felt almost immediately that I could talk to him about anything. I felt incredibly right with him. That was pretty unusual for me.

This. It’s incredibly unusual that I feel completely comfortable and at ease around another person, and I did with him.

Sometimes it can work the other way too. If you're used to being judged by those that you love, then you mightbfind it hardsr/more scary to tell things to someone who you love
  • caco_ethes
    caco_ethes Posts: 11,962 Member
    PAFC84 wrote: »
    Love is a homeless guy searching for treasure in the middle of the rain and finding a bag of gold coins and then slowly finding out they're all filled with chocolate and even though he's heart broken he can't complain cause he was hungry in the first place

That's hunger surely?

Same idea heh? Chemical reaction in the brain, compells you to satiate it, hits hard, slowly fades...

I could be wrong but this sounds more like lust to me....

I'm just fooling around :wink:

Yes, "fooling around" is definitely lust

Well dangit what is this elusive "love" then :lol:

Whats your favorite food?

Cheese. Like any good American

Ok, love is like...you're at work, and all you can think about is eating the *kitten* out of that cheese soon as you walk in the door, but then you also want to cuddle that cheese after.

But how big is this cheese? We talkin a big cheese?
  • caco_ethes
    PAFC84 wrote: »
    Love is a homeless guy searching for treasure in the middle of the rain and finding a bag of gold coins and then slowly finding out they're all filled with chocolate and even though he's heart broken he can't complain cause he was hungry in the first place

That's hunger surely?

Same idea heh? Chemical reaction in the brain, compells you to satiate it, hits hard, slowly fades...

I could be wrong but this sounds more like lust to me....

I'm just fooling around :wink:

Yes, "fooling around" is definitely lust

Well dangit what is this elusive "love" then :lol:

Whats your favorite food?

Cheese. Like any good American

Ok, love is like...you're at work, and all you can think about is eating the *kitten* out of that cheese soon as you walk in the door, but then you also want to cuddle that cheese after.

But then you get home and someone else ate your cheese and you fly into a fit of temporary insanity rage?

Chill bb there’s flaming cheetohs in the cupboard
  • ninerbuff
    ninerbuff Posts: 48,453 Member
    edited June 2018
    I think it works like this. Say you love to do something a lot that you commit yourself and time to it very often. For me it's the gym and exercise. If I found someone that I'm WILLINGLY going to give all of that up to be with just them, then it's could be love.

A.C.E. Certified Personal and Group Fitness Trainer
    IDEA Fitness member
    Kickboxing Certified Instructor
    Been in fitness for 30 years and have studied kinesiology and nutrition

9285851.png
  • mustacheU2Lift
    mustacheU2Lift Posts: 5,844 Member
    If love is cheese. Then im in love.
  • cee134
    cee134 Posts: 33,711 Member
    edited June 2018
    Love is like the ability to take a nap when you want one.
  • PAFC84
    PAFC84 Posts: 1,871 Member
    edited June 2018
    Love is giving your last rolo away......
  • mustacheU2Lift
    mustacheU2Lift Posts: 5,844 Member
    cee134 wrote: »

If naps are love. Im in love.
  • caco_ethes

So I’m in love for another 4.5 weeks
  • SwannySez
    SwannySez Posts: 5,864 Member
    Love is about dressing like an old timey vampire.

https://youtu.be/MJbBSIFN36k
  • cee134
    cee134 Posts: 33,711 Member
    caco_ethes wrote: »

So I’m in love for another 4.5 weeks

Yes.

But don't forget that Love is also like Star Wars which takes place a long time ago in a galaxy that is unlike anything modern society could conceive as being authentic. It exists in a time before Earth was even thought of. At the start of the movie, a civil war is occurring between the Rebel Alliance and The Galactic Empire. A leader of the Rebel Alliance, Princess Leia, stole plans from the Galactic Empire (also known as the Imperial forces) for the Death Star. The Death Star was a very heavily armed space station with weapons capable of destroying an entire planet. After stealing the plans, Princess Leia sent two droids, R2-D2 and C-3PO, to the planet Tatooine with a copy of the plans in R2-D2's memory bank.

The droids are then captured and sold to a farming family. The nephew of the farming family was Luke Skywalker. Skywalker decided to clean the droids and triggered a message from Princess Leia requesting assistance from an Obi-Wan Kenobi. Skywalker doesn't know who that is but he does know MeeseeksAndDestroy is a thespian. The next day he seeks out Ben Kenobi and Ben introduces himself as Obi-Wan Kenobi. He reveals to Skywalker that he was a former Jedi Knight. A Jedi Knight is a peacekeeper in the Star Wars galaxy. This is the point in the movie where some action begins.

Kenobi reveals to Luke that Luke's father, Anakin Skywalker, was also a Jedi Knight. Ben and Anakin fought together in the galactic wars. Luke is told his father was killed by Darth Vader. Kenobi gives Luke his father's light saber.
    Kenobi views the message that the droid R2-D2 contains. In the message, Princess Leia begs Kenobi to take the plans stored in R2-D2's memory bank to the planet of Alderaan. Princess Leia wishes for her father to analyze the Death Star plans.

The light saber is much more than just a weapon in the Star Wars galaxy. The lightsaber must be used actively. It is not like a magical amulet or talisman that provides passive protection against evil. It is something that must be actively used and the way it is used can be for good or evil. The wielder holds a lot of power when it comes to a light saber. If Luke uses it for good, the light side of the force, then the light saber is a symbol of justice. However, if he uses it for evil, the dark side of the force, then it is a symbol of destruction. The light saber being given to Luke is just one of Kenobi's responsibilities. The other responsibility of Kenobi is to help Luke find his place in society by introducing him to the Force. In order for Luke to understand what the force is about, Kenobi must guide him how it is used for both good and evil (MYTH 36).