Why Does Looking a Certain Way Matter?

1235»

Replies

• BNY721
    BNY721 Posts: 125 Member
    edited June 2018
    Random...but I was watching Jeff Goldblum view his previous movies in a promotional for the new Jurassic Park..in one of his movies his character says, “Everyone does everything just to get laid.” Haha
  • ChaelAZ
    ChaelAZ Posts: 2,240 Member
    Motorsheen wrote: »
    ChaelAZ wrote: »
    nalce0v2g72p.jpg

mhn9txpyygex.jpg

• Who is better off?
    • Who has the better job?
    • Who would sell more clothes?
    • Who would be more respected?
    • Who is the better lover?
    • Who has the most opportunities in the world?
    • etc...

it's a trick question.

The fella in the yellow shirt has a glass of wine; I think maybe he's the winner.....

Here, in case anyone is interested.

Robert Paterson

About him

• TheMrWobbly
    TheMrWobbly Posts: 2,541 Member
    Stuff everyone else - I want to do this for me, I was properly skinny growing up and competed in every sporting event going. Now I can't run for a bus, I don't want to limit myself and the only way I can change that is to do this for me. My family are a little shallower and they want me to look more 'socially acceptable' to not embarrass them and I feel guilty that they feel uncomfortable when I meet their friends.
  • Diatonic12
    Diatonic12 Posts: 32,344 Member
    I like this thread. It gave me a big pinch in a good way and made me do some serious thinking. It has actually spurred me on like a rocket booster. I'm determined now more than ever about a judgment free zone and not making anyone feel less than and at the same time, my mind is set to keep moving forward.
  • RastaLousGirl
    RastaLousGirl Posts: 2,119 Member
    rainbow198 wrote: »
    I've always taken pride in my appearance. Even when was overweight/obese I did the best I could at whatever size I was wearing.

But I was uncomfortable. When I was losing weight I wanted the fat rolls gone, to be able to wear a bikini and shop at any store I wanted without going to the plus-sized section. I didn't even have a goal weight or a celebrity dream body inspiration. Just wanted the weight off and to get fit.

I worked really hard, reached my goal and all the above and more. I don't have a fitness model body and I'm not skinny (never strived for either body type), but I'm in perfect health, have a normal BMI, very fit, comfortable with my lifestyle (don't have to diet or overexercise to maintain my figure) I feel amazing and love the way I look.

Like the above poster said I also feel that it's empowering to embrace your own standards and be the best you can be.

I keep writing and deleting my response to this thread. This pretty much sums it up for me as well.