What are you insecure about?

Replies

• k8eekins
    k8eekins Posts: 2,264 Member
    Cutemesoon wrote: »
    I'm insecure about how my body looks. I have the habit of buying "daring" outfits and & NEVER wear them because I'm too self conscious. While losing weight, I did that alot. I'd buy something with the intention of wearing it when I slimmed down. By the time I got the courage to wear it, it was 3 sizes too small. :'(
    Hers a pic of an outfit that's been in my closet for over a year.
    eslp8mluxfn7.jpg

I do relate@Cutemesoon, only that I'm never the one who chooses my daring outfits - my sister does lol. What I'd learnt over the years, since having to wear "out-of-the-box" ensembles, is to - step over the line. After the first 5 seconds - you'll realise that it's all in your head. Sidebar: You name the traditional or normative designer gowns styles, that aren't clubwear, those are my norms for dinner, an evening out ... For perspective.

The risque pieces are liberating, once you're there and you realise, if you'd worn anything else you'd stick out for the wrong reasons or that - it's good to give your "naughty playful side" a home.
  • barefootboatnik
    barefootboatnik Posts: 134 Member
    edited June 2018
    k8eekins wrote: »
    RoxieDawn wrote: »
    I am a fully grey headed 50 year old already, I chose grow it out and be grey, but always thinking people might think I am older than I am or perhaps I should just put a couple of boxes of hair dye over it.

I did have an old man, a complete stranger walk up to me in Walmart of all places and tell me that my hair doesn't fit the rest of me. I was kind of devastated for a little while, then I said eff him, I just hope I don't get old and feel inclined to be too blunt and hurt people's feelings when its none of my business.

@RoxieDawn - I can only imagine how beautiful you clearly are - to have warranted that kind of a response from a random stranger.

In the very late 90s - Manhattan, NY, close to the checkout counter, only not in line, stood an incredibly stunning lady, with her long silver mane to mid back, whose physicality and general aesthetics defied all her years. She was young of face and body, only a silver "vixen." ... In a city with Season-to-Season fresh supplies of incoming beauties, that lady much like you are doing now - was an inspiration.

^^^ A thousand times THIS. Very well said, and I can't help but agree.

• jennacole12
    jennacole12 Posts: 1,167 Member
    Ok here goes...but on this father’s day I am insecure about the influence I have had on my kids...they are my “ex” step-sons and I still think of them as my own. Last night we hung out for Father’s Day and it made me realize how much I missed them idiots...when their mom and I were married, I was gone a lot for deployments, and other job commitments. They are 15 and 17 now and great young men.
    All you dads AND moms of young kids, do not take your time with them for granted.

Blended families can come with so many difficulties, but I have to tell you my “ex” stepdad and my mom divorced about 10 years ago and I actually think we’ve gotten closer. Now when I talk to him or see him it’s because I miss him not just because I’m going to see my mom. My ex step dad and step mom are my other parents and I don’t love them any less. I think it’s great you want to stay a part of their lives and I respect you so much for that ❤️
  • SpartanRunner1978
    SpartanRunner1978 Posts: 1,049 Member
    Ok here goes...but on this father’s day I am insecure about the influence I have had on my kids...they are my “ex” step-sons and I still think of them as my own. Last night we hung out for Father’s Day and it made me realize how much I missed them idiots...when their mom and I were married, I was gone a lot for deployments, and other job commitments. They are 15 and 17 now and great young men.
    All you dads AND moms of young kids, do not take your time with them for granted.

Blended families can come with so many difficulties, but I have to tell you my “ex” stepdad and my mom divorced about 10 years ago and I actually think we’ve gotten closer. Now when I talk to him or see him it’s because I miss him not just because I’m going to see my mom. My ex step dad and step mom are my other parents and I don’t love them any less. I think it’s great you want to stay a part of their lives and I respect you so much for that ❤️

Thanks for sharing, Jenna. At this point, I would have a hard time seeing my life without them as my number one.
  • jennacole12
    jennacole12 Posts: 1,167 Member
    Opening myself up to people and getting hurt.

Also... my boobs, I wish they were smaller so shirts would look better on me. :D

I can completely relate to the boob complaint
  • WanderingRivers
    WanderingRivers Posts: 612 Member
    It's easier to ask what I am NOT insecure about.
  • qckfox
    qckfox Posts: 10 Member
    Have to start trying to lose weight again and I'm insecure about my commitment my discipline my ability to succeed I'm doing all the right things this week and have even done *three sessions of exercise* for the first time in about 2 years

But there's always this shadow and some part of my mind that in a couple of weeks time if that this is all going to come to a grinding halt and I'll hit the doughnuts

I wish I could look into the future and see myself slimmer this time next year I just want to know that I'm not wasting my own time
  • PaperDoll_
    PaperDoll_ Posts: 32,857 Member
    I'm insecure around people that I find to be really intelligent. I start second guessing everything I say for fear that I'll come off sounding really stupid. Sometimes I think I mostly just BS my way through conversations.

I'm also really insecure around groups of people and prefer talking to others one on one.

• 2VORNT2V
    2VORNT2V Posts: 596 Member
    I’m a size queen
  • mustacheU2Lift
    mustacheU2Lift Posts: 5,844 Member
    2VORNT2V wrote: »
    I’m a size queen

I prefer king sized
  • KeepRunningFatboy
    KeepRunningFatboy Posts: 3,055 Member
    Motorsheen wrote: »
    I feel like strangers secretly criticize me when I'm in public. Like if they're standing behind me in a line, they see all my flaws.

My eczema. It flares up so bad when I'm stressed. The amount of time I spend treating it and dealing with it is exhausting.

My short, fat body.

My huge asss.

Large arms.

Scarred up flabby stomach from a vertical cut c-section. Stretch marks for days!

Thunder thighs.

Not symmetrical facial features.

Crazy hair.

I don't like my voice

I never feel good enough.

I fear I will repel everyone because of my insecurities.

@Avocado_AS5

if all of that is true..... then how are you still so gorgeous ?

Second This.
  • mustacheU2Lift
    mustacheU2Lift Posts: 5,844 Member
    Right now my nails. They are in terrible shape.
  • Just_Mel_
    Just_Mel_ Posts: 3,992 Member
    Motorsheen wrote: »
    I feel like strangers secretly criticize me when I'm in public. Like if they're standing behind me in a line, they see all my flaws.

My eczema. It flares up so bad when I'm stressed. The amount of time I spend treating it and dealing with it is exhausting.

My short, fat body.

My huge asss.

Large arms.

Scarred up flabby stomach from a vertical cut c-section. Stretch marks for days!

Thunder thighs.

Not symmetrical facial features.

Crazy hair.

I don't like my voice

I never feel good enough.

I fear I will repel everyone because of my insecurities.

@Avocado_AS5

if all of that is true..... then how are you still so gorgeous ?

Second This.

You guys are too kind.
  • 81Katz
    81Katz Posts: 7,074 Member
    That I'll never find my emotional match.
  • Just_Mel_
    Just_Mel_ Posts: 3,992 Member
    That I won't be as important to her if he comes back.

Yes you will. Squash those thoughts.
  • Wheelhouse15
    Wheelhouse15 Posts: 5,575 Member
    edited June 2018
    My biggest insecurity is the combination of my height and the fact that I look younger than I am. I appreciate the both of these outside of work but within it I worry that people won’t take me seriously within my career. Although I’ve never so much as had an inkling of such I worry that I will and so I overcompensate with very high heels, makeup to look my age and I overdress all in effort to fit the part and be taken seriously. Writing this out I understand how it silly seems however I don’t see it leaving the forefront of my mind anytime soon.

I get the age thing, I was supervising a bunch of 18 and 19 year olds a while ago and they said they thought I was their age, I was 34!
  • disney_addict_1028
    disney_addict_1028 Posts: 95 Member
    Finding a perfect man for me and my 2 children . :(
  • cinnabondelights
    cinnabondelights Posts: 121 Member
    My nose
    I have an asymmetrical jaw
    Small boobs D:

When I was first losing weight, the first thing to go were my boobs ;;