Daily accomplishment thread

Options
124»

Replies

• Sunshine_And_Sand
    Sunshine_And_Sand Posts: 1,320 Member
    Options
    Had ACL reconstruction surgery last month so could definitely use some positive vibes...
    I'm annoyed that I can't do the exercises I actually enjoy for a while (spinning, yoga, running) and also still annoyed at myself for getting hurt again (skiing wipeout this time).
    I also tend to struggle with an all or nothing attitude, so being sidelined from my usual exercises is tough mentally.
    However (here's the positive part), for the last couple days, I have managed to get over the all or nothing attitude and have gotten up early to walk two miles on the treadmill, at a much slower pace than I'm used to so it takes forever. Not necessarily looking to lose weight at this point while recovering from a injury, but I do feel like the best way to get back a normal gait pattern ( a week in a straight leg brace after surgery kind of makes you forget how you're supposed to walk) is to practice.
    I'm also progressing well with PT and have met all the range goals on or ahead of schedule so far.
  • emmies_123
    emmies_123 Posts: 513 Member
    Options
    Positive for 7/2 evening:

-Played MMO with my hubby, got 2 levels on one character before quitting
    -Completed chunk of story on 3DS game
    -Received birthday card from my parents (gorgeous card, its a keeper)
    -Worked on cross stitch project

Positive for 7/3 morning:

-Completed daily quests before work on MMO
    -Completed HIIT Week 1 Day 2 (modified). My triceps and back are already getting stiff but I'm reminding myself of the progress I'm going to make by doing this. Today was the longest I have worked with handweights in a single workout and I survived =)
    -Got to work refreshed and on time. Hope to knock out two major projects today before the weekend.
  • hipari
    hipari Posts: 1,367 Member
    Options
    Sarjenki, great vibes with recovery!

I'm the last one at work today, so I'm taking advantage of the situation. I moved my desk up to a standing position (we have these desks with freely adjustable height), I'm blasting some dance hits on speakers instead of my headphones and having a dance party in place while working. I'm doing the most boring and annoying part of my job (good thing it's only done once a month), and I pretty much always need a dance party to power through it. I'm also planning on going for a run today, and apparently Amazon delivered my order today, so picking that up from the post office.
  • emmies_123
    Options
    Yay dance parties! I am not brave enough to dance, but when I have my monthly copy marathon (make about 1000 copies back to back, 1 or 2 pages each so I can't walk away) I listen to my audio book
  • hipari
    Options
    OK, so this turned out to be a pretty great evening. I came home from work super tired, got upset that it was still raining and I couldn’t go on my pre-planned run. Then I browsed the forums, was inspired by a girl who had just done her first 20-minute run without walking, and decided to go despite the rain. It was C25K, week 5 day 3, which incidentally is a 20-minute run without walking. I did the whole thing, in the rain, and it felt great. Then, I dropped by the post office and picked up the Amazon delivery, and everything I ordered actually fit me. Well, one of the running shirts was a bit too tight, but that one had reviews saying it’s a snug sizing, so I was prepared for that to be a ”goal shirt”.

Now it’s time to go shower and start prepping dinner, so then I can eat my yummy tofu, mango and avocado bowl, start my new workout planner/journal that also arrived today, and watch Biggest Loser. It’s super motivating and relaxing for me to watch Biggest Loser, while eating a healthy dinner, after I have completed my own workout for the day.
  • hipari
    Options
    July 4th:

- not a holiday in my corner of the world, so I advanced a lot of things at work through discussions although nothing concrete yet
    - went through all the things I expect my ”temp” to do while I’m on summer vacation (she’s basically a mini-me, five years younger than me and she’s switching from business school to law school, I’m graduating from law school this year and also starting business school in the fall)
    - had a massage
    - went out for dinner and a movie with a friend
    - saw Ocean’s Eight, and it was awesome
    - it was sunny outside so walked home from the subway station (tbh, I would have taken the citybike if there were any available, but still didn’t take the bus)
  • emmies_123
    Options
    July 4th:

-Day off work =) Celebrated my birthday a day early with hubby as I have to work on birthday.
    -Hubby made me my favorite meals: Ribs for lunch, homemade burger patty for dinner, and smores ice cream cake for dessert!
    -Cleaned the house before party this weekend, so no rushing on Saturday!
    -Progressed plot of 3ds game a lot
    -Got new reputation rank with two factions on MMO - FF14

July 5th am (pre work)

-Happy Birthday to me!
    -Completed HIIT Week 1 Day 4, feelin good
    -Did a weigh in and lost another 1.5 lbs since Monday (Figured it would be big loss due to cycle)!! Now sitting at 4 lost, 9 to go!
  • emmies_123
    Options
    July 5th pm:

-Got to leave work early as I finished up all work and boss wanted me to enjoy birthday
    -Delicious birthday dinner at my favorite restaurant with hubby. Overate calorie goal but sooooo worth it =)

July 6th:

-Got my exercise done for HIIT. Core strength training was hard but I did it in full!
    -Met with builder to do framewalk of our new house. Exciting to see everything framed out and start picturing where we are going to put things
    -Late into work, which means that much closer to the end of the workday =)
  • hipari
    Options
    Ooh @emmies_123 you’re building your own house? That’s super exciting!

I was home for an entire 90 minutes of this weekend, but lots of other accomplishments:
    - went on an overnight test run hiking trip with my friend, since we are going on a 5-day hike in a couple of weeks
    - had some great discussions with the friend about our futures etc
    - came home from the hiking trip, did a 90-minute shower-and-repack and headed out to my student organisation’s summer cabin for Sat-Sun
    - ate and drank fairly sensibly at the cabin (especially compared to what I would have done previously), had a lot of fun
    - cleaned my bedroom when I did eventually get home today

Only 3 more days until summer vacation!
  • emmies_123
    Options
    Thanks @hipari ! I'm super excited to get to move in, it is amazing watching them build it from the ground up.

July 7-8:

-Cleaned house ready for birthday party. Mostly just tidying, setting out what we would need for party.
    -Finished my computer game AND my 3ds game! Both were fun =)
    -Started a new game - "Child of Light" FINALLY. Been on my backlog for a while. Really enjoying what I played so far
    -Amazing birthday party with friends. Hubby cooked all the food, everyone loved it. I def went over calorie goal both days but if not at a birthday party then when right?
    -Presented my first committee report and received positive feedback and brainstorming from people. Excited but daunted by how much work this is going to take in the future
    -Offloaded two boxes of items to friends that can use them (yay less clutter in my house)
  • hipari
    Options
    July 9:
    - I finally cleaned my living room and let my Roomba do its thing... I might need to run a second round today to catch everything...
    - had a delicious salad with halloumi cheese and fruits for dinner
    - went to the gym for my usual upper body Monday, halfway through I just wasn't feeling it so switched to some mobility exercises
  • emmies_123
    Options
    Positive vibes:

-Enjoying "Child of Light" game that I started.
    -Dinner and a movie with hubby last night
    -Sticking to my calorie goals despite eating out. Trying to recover from over-indulgence on birthday weekend
    -Continuing with HIIT week 2 program. Monday left me very stiff (proof I need to exercise those muscle groups more!) but am now mostly recovered and have spring back in my step
    -Not sure if brain is tricking me but today I just feel lighter/thinner. Scared to weigh in and break the illusion
  • hipari
    Options
    End-of-week vibes:
    - counted out my numbers Mon-Sat and I’m still in a deficit (a small one), which is a miracle in itself because this has been one indulgent week. I did start my vacation on Wed, so I kinda knew this beforehand.
    - my long-term goal of reducing meat (red meats and poultry in particular) in my diet is starting to come naturally, since I realized on Friday that I hadn’t had any meat other than fish since Tuesday.
    - had a lot of fun with friends during the weekend
    - today, I’ll be packing up to go sailing for five days

Also, I accidentally met my goal of planning something fun to do on the last weekend of my vacation so I don’t spend the last days just doing nothing and stressing about going back to work. My boyfriend and I had agreed to go try SUP boarding this summer, and yesterday he was very ”meh” about it and said he doesn’t really want to try it in the sea, but on a lake instead. Note, we live literally a mile from the seashore and there are plenty of places that offer SUP boarding at the seashore. Well, now we have an overnight getaway planned to an inland city that’s literally wedged between two lakes, and it’s only a two-hour train ride away, and it’s the last weekend of my vacation. Have to make every day count ;)
  • emmies_123
    Options
    Weekend vibes

-Finished "Child of Light". Loved the story, the art, the music, the everything. Very glad I finally played this game
    -FINALLY stitched together my "pin boards". Took a little over 8 hrs but they are done. Only had the materials sitting on the table for two months =P
    -Started "Atelier Sophie", really enjoying so far and glad this game in the series got rid of the deadline mechanic!
    -Started PC Nancy Drew game =)

This past week is really killing my progress as I still have birthday cake to finish. But once that has been enjoyed in full I can go back to being strict.