Ask a real man....

Options

Replies

• Deadman_Diggingup
    Deadman_Diggingup Posts: 3,082 Member
    Options
    So many reasonable questions, so many ridiculous answers.....

Answer them for us, Sir

Fair enough, for starters......

Q. How do you get a man to fold the laundry?
    A. Like a normal person. You shouldn't HAVE to ask. When he has free time, he does it. Just like you.

Here's the thing though...some women are super picky about how the laundry is folded, or how the dishes are done or <insert household chore here>. No matter what you do as a real man, those women will give you a hard time for doing it WRONG and then eventually the guy gives up. I know so many couples like this. Not me and Mr Sugar, but a large number of my friends. Mr Sugar folds the clothes differently than I like, but as long as he helps out once in a while I keep my trap shut. :)

You make a very good point here. I've certainly been with my fair share of women like this.
  • BrSpiritus
    BrSpiritus Posts: 190 Member
    Options
    Why won’t you ask for directions?

Back before Google Maps and Waze I never had a problem asking for directions.
  • Deadman_Diggingup
    Options
    LouisTamsi wrote: »
    Or... I don't know... maybe he should just fold the damn laundry because he lives in the same f@#king house and it's his chore too. Also, he's an adult and not a damn toddler.

EDIT: Why is it when a man does a chore, it requires some sort of trophy or acknowledgment?.... Do you live there? Do you eat off those plates? Do you walk on those floors? Do you attribute to those bills? Do you dirty those clothes?

Shut up and do your part.

Angry much? Part of it is because many men are just big kids who need affirmation from mommy. The other part is there are plenty of women who take advantage of a self starter man to sit on their can and contribute nothing to the household.

I am not angry at all.... but to respond:
    1. Big kids who need mommy affirmations should go back to their mother's basements. That's not what significant others are for.
    2. You're correct that there are women like that out there, but it doesn't take a genius to avoid those types, does it?
  • BrSpiritus
    Options

I am not angry at all.... but to respond:
    1. Big kids who need mommy affirmations should go back to their mother's basements. That's not what significant others are for.
    2. You're correct that there are women like that out there, but it doesn't take a genius to avoid those types, does it?

I know I was joking. Point1 yes, agree totally. Point 2, yes, you just need self confidence. Some women are chameleons and you don't see their true colors until they move in. You need confidence to do what needs to be done in that situation.
  • 81Katz
    81Katz Posts: 7,074 Member
    edited July 2018
    Options
    Or... I don't know... maybe he should just fold the damn laundry because he lives in the same f@#king house and it's his chore too. Also, he's an adult and not a damn toddler.

EDIT: Why is it when a man does a chore, it requires some sort of trophy or acknowledgment?.... Do you live there? Do you eat off those plates? Do you walk on those floors? Do you attribute to those bills? Do you dirty those clothes?

I could have used that point of view throughout places in my life. Yeah no gold star for pulling your own weight in the house you shared.
  • CaptainFantastic01
    CaptainFantastic01 Posts: 9,557 Member
    Options
    I mean they might if their junk is small, kinda like having a big truck or being mean to girls

Big truck and mean to girls? That describes over half the men in my town.

oa6bh6ygcd7u.jpeg
    They gotta little wiener and some tiny nuts
  • bojack5
    bojack5 Posts: 2,859 Member
    Options
    I have a big truck, maybe sometimes having a big truck means you need to haul big things.....full disclosure, I also have little Jack Russell dogs and lots of cats.....maybe I'm sensitive enough not to be a stereotype?
  • CaptainFantastic01
    Options
    bojack5 wrote: »
    I have a big truck, maybe sometimes having a big truck means you need to haul big things.....full disclosure, I also have little Jack Russell dogs and lots of cats.....maybe I'm sensitive enough not to be a stereotype?
    We need to see these dogs please

• mustacheU2Lift
    mustacheU2Lift Posts: 5,844 Member
    Options
    How do you give a real man a hug?
  • BrSpiritus
    Options

Guys like that are easy to spot, they have a normal truck and drive like normal people. If you have a jacked truck with tires taller than my car and drive like an *kitten* then you may be hung like a stud chipmunk.
  • mustacheU2Lift
    mustacheU2Lift Posts: 5,844 Member
    Options
    How do you thank a real man?

*we women have faults too :# ...im pretty stubborn and im never wrong
  • bojack5
    Options
    We need to see these dogs please

I definitely will when I get home. My pups are awesome :). Both are rescues, and one of them, Rocky, I got from Puerto Rico right before the hurricane hit. He was a little 12 lb street dog, he never would have made it.
  • bojack5
    Options

Guys like that are easy to spot, they have a normal truck and drive like normal people. If you have a jacked truck with tires taller than my car and drive like an *kitten* then you may be hung like a stud chipmunk.

Yeah my truck is a normal Dodge 1500. It's much bigger than the Tacoma I had previously but I needed something bigger for the work I'm doing. I think there is nothing outrageous about my truck ;)
  • AmberGlitterSparkles
    AmberGlitterSparkles Posts: 699 Member
    Options

You just made my heart skip a beat. It has not been my experience that most men think like you.
  • BrSpiritus
    Options

Depends on the context. Simple things, I like affection, a simple hug and a thanks makes us feel great. *Note, hugs are only appropriate if in a committed relationship. My wife is the same way, stubborn and never wrong. It forces me to concede and play diplomat in our relationship, tactics I learned after years of abuse at the hands of my stepfather so how do you think that makes me feel? Admitting you're wrong sometimes is part of a healthy relationship.
  • Deadman_Diggingup
    Options

You just made my heart skip a beat. It has not been my experience that most men think like you.

In my house I do all the laundry, all of the cleaning, all the outdoor duties, and all of the household stuff like painting or repairs. I get up with the baby as often as my wife, we share the cooking and dishes chores, and she handles the bills and groceries.... Does this make me a "real" man? I have no idea. I'm really not sure what "real" is suppose to mean, nor do I care.
  • Bullet_with_Butterfly_Wings
    Options
    Here is what I believe, with every fiber of my being.

aq4e75m3jb82.jpg
  • CaptainFantastic01
    Options

What are you thanking him for? Nice words are always good for me

In my house I do all the laundry, all of the cleaning, all the outdoor duties, and all of the household stuff like painting or repairs. I get up with the baby as often as my wife, we share the cooking and dishes chores, and she handles the bills and groceries.... Does this make me a "real" man? I have no idea. I'm really not sure what "real" is suppose to mean, nor do I care.

This thread started as a bit but got kinda serious,
    You are a good man, and I admire you tons and look up to you
    How do you give a real man a hug?

Ask and then wrap your arms around and receive a nice squeeze
  • BrSpiritus
    Options
    [quote="_Deadman_Walking_;c-42275712"

In my house I do all the laundry, all of the cleaning, all the outdoor duties, and all of the household stuff like painting or repairs. I get up with the baby as often as my wife, we share the cooking and dishes chores, and she handles the bills and groceries.... Does this make me a "real" man? I have no idea. I'm really not sure what "real" is suppose to mean, nor do I care.[/quote]

Well there's no baby in my house but I can relate to all of those and I do 95% of the cooking as well but my wife does dishes if she's home. My grandfather did all of these things and as I mentioned I pattern myself after him. Does that make me a real man? I guess so, I only have myself to answer to.
  • ecjim
    ecjim Posts: 1,001 Member
    Options

I have 2 trucks - 1 is a 4WD with larger tires - the other is a 2WD - I also own 2 Harleys both with hot rod motors, they are kinda loud - lets not ignore my knives, guns & tattoos - so where does that put me?
    Down here we have mud bogs - guys (and girls) run and race their trucks & 4 wheelers through the mud - great fun -all of those truck have larger tires - many have modified motors- many of those trucks will come in on a trailer, some will have tires as tall as you - some of those trucks cost as much as a house, - others are built by a good old boy redneck in his shed after work.
    We won't even talk about the swamp buggies

Many will use their truck off road for hunting, fishing ( I have fishing spots the reguire a 4 WD to get to) - others are farmers, or grove workers, guess what - big tires.

That's my .02 cents - let the flaming begin - Eastcoast Jim