Thought on diet sodas

Replies

• lhebert1969
    lhebert1969 Posts: 63 Member
    WinoGelato wrote: »
    6 years ago I lost 90 lbs & drank Diet Coke with each meal..now I've lost 19 lbs & still drinking my Diet Coke..I have heard tons of bad things about Aspartame, but I also drink plenty of water in between meals. So far so good..Knock on wood! lol

Good news - read this thread and rest assured - all the bad things about Aspartame have been debunked, it is one of the most studied substances on the planet in the last several decades and time and again has been proven safe for consumption.

Yea..Some people say that Diet Coke will give you cravings for other bad foods..but I usually only crave diet coke..lol The only thing that messes it up, is that McDonald's switched to the plastic cups, instead of the styrofoam..they just aren't as good anymore..lol
  • L1zardQueen
    L1zardQueen Posts: 8,753 Member
    pinuplove wrote: »
    You people are all wrong!

Diet A&W is the best :smiley:

Woo! Diet Barq’s root beer FTW!
  • pinuplove
    pinuplove Posts: 12,871 Member

I must admit I've never tried Diet Barq's, so you may be correct!

I don't like diet form of any drinks I enjoyed before, ergo Diet Dr. Pepper and Diet Coke just taste like slightly 'off' incarnations of the real thing to me. Since I rarely drank root beer, I don't mind the diet version.
  • debtay123
    debtay123 Posts: 1,327 Member
    I love a diet caffeine free coke- or diet Pepsi- I drink 1 every night and a treat with a small individual bag of chips- THIS helps keep me from going bonkers!!!!
  • Ruatine
    Ruatine Posts: 3,424 Member
    edited June 2018

I must admit I've never tried Diet Barq's, so you may be correct!

I don't like diet form of any drinks I enjoyed before, ergo Diet Dr. Pepper and Diet Coke just taste like slightly 'off' incarnations of the real thing to me. Since I rarely drank root beer, I don't mind the diet version.

Then there is me on the other side of that. I never in my life have purposefully drank regular soda, and whenever I accidentally get a sip of one it grosses me out because it tastes so sweet to me. I only enjoy diet.

That being said... I don't enjoy root beer in any form. Woo, indeed. :tongue:
  • malibu927
    malibu927 Posts: 17,562 Member
    edited June 2018
    Big fan of diet Pepsi and Diet Coke.

I feel like this cannot possibly be a true statement. I've never known of a single individual who finds both DP and DC to be enjoyable, it's either one or the other. And the right wrong answer is clearly Diet Coke.

FIFY
  • estherdragonbat
    estherdragonbat Posts: 5,283 Member

I feel like this cannot possibly be a true statement. I've never known of a single individual who finds both DP and DC to be enjoyable, it's either one or the other. And the right answer is clearly Diet Coke.

In order of preference:

Cherry Coke Zero
    Diet Cherry Dr. Pepper
    Pepsi Wild Cherry
    Diet Pepsi
    Coke Zero
    Lime Diet Coke
    Diet Dr. Pepper
    Diet Coke
    Diet RC
    Supermarket Diet Colas
  • WinoGelato
    WinoGelato Posts: 13,454 Member

I feel like this cannot possibly be a true statement. I've never known of a single individual who finds both DP and DC to be enjoyable, it's either one or the other. And the right answer is clearly Diet Coke.

In order of preference:

Mine would go:
    Diet Coke
    Diet Dr. Pepper

Cherry Coke Zero Water
    Diet Cherry Dr. Pepper Water
    Pepsi Wild Cherry Water
    Diet Pepsi Water
    Coke Zero Water
    Lime Diet Coke Water
    Diet RC Water
    Supermarket Diet Colas Water
  • pinuplove
    pinuplove Posts: 12,871 Member
    MjAxMi04MTJjNmE2ZDIwMWFlYjRh.png

Also true of Dr. Pepper and Mr. Pibb. Not interchangeable!
  • bpetrosky
    bpetrosky Posts: 3,911 Member
    edited June 2018
    Diet Vernors

Diet Coke Zero
    Diet Coke

Tap Water
    Go thirsty
    Diet Pepsi