Thought on diet sodas

What do you think of diet sodas? Would it affect a person’s weight loss? I know it’s zero calories but a lot if research says that it leads to weight increase but then again I believe in calories in and calories out. Just want to hear what other people think :)

Replies

• mutantspicy
    mutantspicy Posts: 624 Member
    edited June 2018
    I prefer unflavored carbonated water, the syrupy thing in pop just makes me want to drink more of it. It doesn't satisfy me in anyway. As where the bubbly action in water with no after taste really quenches my thirst. I don't know, if its zero calories so how can it make you gain weight? But what's in it? I don't know, I don't like pop enough to care or research it. Even full regular pop, except Orange Crush, doesn't really appeal to me. The Mexican imported coke in the glass bottle is pretty good, but once again doesn't quench my thirst. Its makes me want to drink more.
  • jemhh
    jemhh Posts: 14,261 Member
    Diet Dr Pepper, yum. I have no problem with diet pop.
  • MichelleSilverleaf
    MichelleSilverleaf Posts: 2,028 Member
    I think they taste of sadness, I wish they would use something else to sweeten them.
  • zyxst
    zyxst Posts: 9,134 Member
    edited June 2018
    I drink them because the carbonation helps me feel full so I don't snack all the time, and I missed drinking soda pop. 0-15 calories a day is way better than 510 calories a day.
  • estherdragonbat
    estherdragonbat Posts: 5,283 Member
    I hate coffee and don't drink much black tea. Diet cola is my primary caffeine source and I tend to be a night owl and an early riser, so I sort of need my caffeine.
  • KANGOOJUMPS
    KANGOOJUMPS Posts: 6,472 Member
    Sure, just add a lot of booze.