Welcome to Debate Club! Please be aware that this is a space for respectful debate, and that your ideas will be challenged here. Please remember to critique the argument, not the author.

Meat only diet

System
System Posts: 1,899 MFP Staff
edited June 2018 in Debate Club
This discussion was created from replies split from: No carb diet.

If you want to debate the pros or cons of a meat only diet this is the place.

I accidentally deleted a few comments related to eating raw organs for vitamin C. Sorry about that. To those who wanted to pursue that train of thought you will have to start that part over again.

4legs
MFP mod

Replies

• quiksylver296
    quiksylver296 Posts: 28,443 Member
    It's not technically zero, but carnivores are pretty close. With the exception of minimal carbs to manage hypoglycemia (I'm a type 1 diabetic), I just eat meat. Though I'm still eating a bit of other meats, I'm working towards moving to just beef and wild game (as long as I kill it myself or participate in killing it). I just feel so much better when sticking with only beef.

As to recipes? It depends on what you get and how you want to cook it. I'm going to put a round roast in the crock pot with a small amount of water. For loose hamburger, I have a counter-top grill to cook it fairly quickly. I'll probably be cooking up some hamburger patties on the outside grill later this week and probably some sirloin tip steaks next week. I have a little bit of venison left from last season that will be split up between the dehydrator (jerky) and maybe a stove-top pan. I do have a few cans of tuna to finish off, and those will just get drained and eaten without cooking.

Pure curiosity. How long have you eaten this way? Seriously nothing else? I'm fascinated.