July 2018 Running Challenge

Options

Replies

• shanaber
    shanaber Posts: 6,388 Member
    Options
    @RunsOnEspresso - Love Oiselle! What did you get? Anything fun? I am on a running clothes time out until I sort out what I have and get rid of some - I just have too much (yes it is possible). So in the meantime I need to live (shop) vicariously! :lol:

@AlphaHowls - WOW, just WOW! That is more than I have run in a month ever! What do you expect your total to be for the month?
  • MegaMooseEsq
    MegaMooseEsq Posts: 3,118 Member
    Options
    Hey, my name is Katie and of course I found this group a little late but would love to join. I am in the beginning stages of becoming a runner (you know that fun stage where you run for 30 seconds then walk for 30 more ;) but I will slowly and surly work my way up...have no choice because I already signed up for the St Judes Half in December :) So lets begin:

July 11: Alternating 30 seconds of walk/run for 12 minutes (fitbit) deleted my log so I don't know the exact distance

Welcome! That's definitely a stage most of us remember - it wasn't even a year ago for me! Keep it up and you'll be amazing how much progress you can make if you keep pushing yourself just a little bit at a time.
  • RunsOnEspresso
    RunsOnEspresso Posts: 3,218 Member
    Options
    shanaber wrote: »
    @RunsOnEspresso - Love Oiselle! What did you get? Anything fun? I am on a running clothes time out until I sort out what I have and get rid of some - I just have too much (yes it is possible). So in the meantime I need to live (shop) vicariously! :lol:

@AlphaHowls - WOW, just WOW! That is more than I have run in a month ever! What do you expect your total to be for the month?

I ordered 3 pairs of shorts to try. It's getting to warm/humid for capri/knee length. And I can't do the 3-4" and its hard to find 5-8" shorts. I need to cover my booty! I got a 5" with birds, the long pocket jogger and the long roga. The 5" and joggers said compression but they didn't feel very compression-y when I tried them on. If not they will be for short runs.
  • hesn92
    hesn92 Posts: 5,967 Member
    Options
    Hey, my name is Katie and of course I found this group a little late but would love to join. I am in the beginning stages of becoming a runner (you know that fun stage where you run for 30 seconds then walk for 30 more ;) but I will slowly and surly work my way up...have no choice because I already signed up for the St Judes Half in December :) So lets begin:

July 11: Alternating 30 seconds of walk/run for 12 minutes (fitbit) deleted my log so I don't know the exact distance

Welcome, I’m also a newbie to running :D as you can tell from my distances reported in this thread.
  • PastorVincent
    PastorVincent Posts: 6,668 Member
    Options
    kevaasen wrote: »
    kevaasen wrote: »

I just ordered the smaller Wunjo X2/Race vest as I wanted something light and economical and this fits the bill.

If anyone else is interested, WUNJOWOMAN18 is a working 18% discount code I found. Helps offsets the $10 in shipping cost since my order was less than $100 (free shipping if you hit that target).

received shipment yesterday, so one week shipping from Norway - not to bad. Looking forward to testing soon once my knee is recovered. Super light and based on quick fitting, like how it feels.

Cool. My X5 came last week and I ran in it twice. I am not ready to give a full review, but I can say it did not kill me and that is my very first line a product must cross. :lol: