July 2018 Running Challenge

Options

Replies

• workaholic_nurse
    workaholic_nurse Posts: 727 Member
    Options
    I think we scared off that girl who stopped by to say she was going to run 160 miles in 11 days despite being a non-runner.

who ;) ? us o:) ....
  • bride001
    bride001 Posts: 153 Member
    Options
    @amymoreorless - Her user name was JuliaMacEwan

I do not think the intent was to scare her off - just to warn her that much mileage and being a nonrunner would not be a good combination. It would possibly lead to injury.

Most of us are hoping it was a typo and she meant 16 miles, not 160 miles.
  • PastorVincent
    PastorVincent Posts: 6,668 Member
    Options
    bride001 wrote: »

I do not think the intent was to scare her off - just to warn her that much mileage and being a nonrunner would not be a good combination. It would possibly lead to injury.

Might have been a "piling" on thing. I mean like 3 or 4 of us posted all at once I think :)
  • LaDispute57
    LaDispute57 Posts: 371 Member
    Options
    Yeah... I felt bad... But we were all blown away by the mileage...
  • T1DCarnivoreRunner
    T1DCarnivoreRunner Posts: 11,502 Member
    Options
    bride001 wrote: »

Right, but it was 160 miles starting mid-way through the month. So going from 0 miles / week to 80 miles / week.
  • Elise4270
    Elise4270 Posts: 8,375 Member
    Options

I seriously think running in this heat is starting to addle my brain.

95.5/125 goal July miles

We're runners, our brain is already addled :D !

Agreed. I remember earlier this week swearing off afternoon work outs. Its not happened. I was dripping sweat just laying the new soaker hoses today.

@amymoreorless love the selfie :love:
  • mbaker566
    mbaker566 Posts: 11,233 Member
    Options
    @mahganmuskett
    welcome :smile:
  • LaDispute57
    Options
    Welcome @mahganmuskett
  • LaDispute57
    Options
    @Marissaxzxzxz Those runs are so nice when they pop up... I wish I could get them more often, but it seems like the "slogs" are always waiting just outside the door for me.
  • Scott6255
    Scott6255 Posts: 2,445 Member
    Options
    @Teresa502 so sorry to hear about your friend. You were a very good friend to provide her comfort and support throughout the ordeal. Very nice. And very good on your AG first place! WooHoo!!
    I too dream of those kinds of runs @Marissaxzxzxz. Good for you!!
  • PastorVincent
    PastorVincent Posts: 6,668 Member
    Options
    Scott6255 wrote: »
    @Teresa502 so sorry to hear about your friend. You were a very good friend to provide her comfort and support throughout the ordeal. Very nice. And very good on your AG first place! WooHoo!!
    I too dream of those kinds of runs @Marissaxzxzxz. Good for you!!

This :) Seriously, @Teresa502 you are the kind of friend all of us wish we had, and probably all of us strive to be.
  • ContraryMaryMary
    ContraryMaryMary Posts: 1,664 Member
    Options
    girlinahat wrote: »
    Elise4270 wrote: »
    @ContraryMaryMary - question about the worms. were they all straight? I did a run a while back and all of the worms were out, but they were all straightened out. It was the oddest thing I'd seen but I didn't have a phone with me to take a picture.

Yes, they were all stretched out straight - some of them were massive, about 20-25cm long - and all headed for higher ground. I was concerned they'd get caught out in the sunshine and die, but the weather turned again and, as they're all gone now and there are no remains, I take it most of them survived the deluge.