lets discuss that friend who eats whatever they want..

Options
12346»

Replies

• CaffeinatedGlitter
    CaffeinatedGlitter Posts: 201 Member
    Options
    I have one of those friends... she'll spend $15 at Taco Bell on JUST herself, and she has only just started going to the gym with me... whined the whole time haha....frickin lucky woman though she just had a baby and less than two months after she was back to a size 2. -_- I have flipped her off on many occasions hahaha
  • salladeve
    salladeve Posts: 1,053 Member
    Options
    My husband was that guy, up until he turned 50. He is still not obese, but defiantly overweight at 6'0" and 195lbs. He spent most of his adult life at around 150lbs, always drinking weight gain products and lifting weights to add muscle. As he got closer to 50 he noticed that he had slowly crept up to 175 or so, and stopped trying to gain. He still always eats what he wants and has stayed at around 195 for several years now.

BTW, I have always had a weight problem, and most of my adult life I have been on some sort of diet or another. It is very discouraging to live with a person who is trying to gain weight while you are trying to lose it :(
  • ninerbuff
    ninerbuff Posts: 48,699 Member
    Options
    I'm still at it. Lol, yesterday I was at Cheesecake Factory and then Dave and Buster's.

A.C.E. Certified Personal and Group Fitness Trainer
    IDEA Fitness member
    Kickboxing Certified Instructor
    Been in fitness industry for 30 years and have studied kinesiology and nutrition
  • Danilynn1975
    Danilynn1975 Posts: 294 Member
    Options
    My husband is that person. He is 41, Not sure what he weighs but if I had to guess somewhere about 140 at 6' even.

Has natural muscle definition going on everywhere.

Drinks about 4 twelve packs of coke a week. eats anything that does not eat him first. And his idea of exercise is walking to the car.

We have been married 6 years and he has not gained weight at all. Having seen his father, I think this will be a life long thing for him as it was for his father.
  • pudadough
    pudadough Posts: 1,271 Member
    Options
    There are truly people who can eat whatever they want and never get fat. My brother is one of them. He's about 6'3 and has never had to watch what he ate. Ever. And he never exercised more than the rest of us.

The difference between him and me is genetics. He is adopted and his biological mother is also thin and tall. Some people genuinely can stuff their face. It's not fair, but it's life.
  • kathivg
    kathivg Posts: 30
    Options
    They are clueless. They don't understand what it's like to be in anyone's shoes who struggles with weight. They seem to feel they're qualified to give advice, however
  • vienna_h
    vienna_h Posts: 428 Member
    Options
    I was that friend.

I'd eat whatever I wanted, never thought twice about it. I guess I had a high metabolism. But also, while I get strong cravings for french fries and chocolate cake, once I've had my fill I'm back to craving good ol' veggies. So while I eat what I want, what I want is already to eat in moderation, I never had to limit or control myself. but this tends to drive other people crazy to know that someone can indulge all of their cravings, all the time, and still be super skinny. I'm somewhat active because I walk everywhere, but never worked out, never went to a gym, certainly never lifted anything lol.

Then I got sick and was in bed for a few months, cortisol levels shot up, and here I am now, 15 lbs heavier :grumble:

I intend on recovering and being that friend again. :glasses: And "watching what I eat" on top of "working out" has NOT made me lose any of the weight I gained....
  • 2stepscloser
    2stepscloser Posts: 2,900 Member
    Options
    Yep, I've got a friend like that. She can eat you under the table. Doesn't really exercise and still stays a size 2-4.
    Damn her. :grumble:
  • MinMin97
    MinMin97 Posts: 2,676 Member
    Options
    It's slander, it's gossip, I just cant talk about wobbspsfl that way. Oops. Sorry, Dana. Oops. Oh, dear, what are we going to do about me.
  • MinMin97
    Options
    I'am that friend but i was really skinny gaining muscle is just as hard as losing weight for the over weight people i had to work my *kitten* for it ..but there are people who can eat whatever they want without getting fat and in the same time they can easily gain muscle they are few but they are really lucky
    Either way, I am still jealous of you.
  • CycleGuy9000
    Options
    Yes I've been waiting for this thread!
  • Willbenchforcupcakes
    Willbenchforcupcakes Posts: 4,955 Member
    Options
    It's slander, it's gossip, I just cant talk about wobbspsfl that way. Oops. Sorry, Dana. Oops. Oh, dear, what are we going to do about me.
    :heart: Love you Mindy!
  • kindasortachewy
    kindasortachewy Posts: 1,084 Member
    Options
    My Husband is that friend.

6'2 - 138 pounds - eats honestly about 5000-6000 calories a day. No formal workouts, ever
  • MinMin97
    Options
    :heart: Love you Mindy!
    :blushing: Caught!
  • Cindyinpg
    Cindyinpg Posts: 3,902 Member
    Options
    My ultimate goal in life is to be that friend.:laugh:
  • Ldbg289
    Ldbg289 Posts: 236 Member
    Options
    I used to be that friend that could eat and still be really skinny..........not in recent years though, which is why I'm here. :)
  • leebesstoad
    leebesstoad Posts: 1,186 Member
    Options
    I'm still at it. Lol, yesterday I was at Cheesecake Factory and then Dave and Buster's.

A.C.E. Certified Personal and Group Fitness Trainer
    IDEA Fitness member
    Kickboxing Certified Instructor
    Been in fitness industry for 30 years and have studied kinesiology and nutrition

Nobody likes a braggart. :).

But Dave and Buster's? Really? Why not Chuck E. Cheese? Same thing.