WOMEN AGES 50+ FOR JULY 2018

Options

Replies

• Katla49
    Katla49 Posts: 10,385 Member
    Options
    CJ: I have a bad knee and always sit the trot these days. My backside has gotten used to the pounding, and the horse doesn't seem to mind. I originally injured this knee during a riding lesson several years ago. I was too heavy for my knee, and put too much pressure on it for too long. Now I live with it. The good new is that it prompted me to lose weight, and hasn't kept me from riding. MFP is the reason is succeeded at losing the weight. The women in this group are amazing. I love this site! :heart:

Ginger: I am so happy that you are feeling hopeful. :flowerforyou:

Becca: I love the idea of cutting a roast in half and cooking it in two pans in order to get more great veggies. WTG!!! :star:

Michele: Congrats to your daughter, Jess, for her excellent grades. :bigsmile:

Teresa: Welcome to a great group. :star: I am so sorry for the loss of your boyfriend. Such a tragedy. :cry:

We spent the day putting curtains in our motorhome, and still have one to go. Hopefully we'll get it done tomorrow. I want to take the motorhome to the storage unit and tuck it away. We've had it in the parking lot here for several days, and others need access to the space.

Katla in Beautiful NW Oregon
  • Machka9
    Machka9 Posts: 24,869 Member
    Options
    Hey all ladies in Canada, so any of you watch " The Artful Detective, Murdock Mysteries "? We just love it! Its so interesting!!

I watched it occasionally in Canada, but all the time here in Australia now.

They run it on Thursday nights here in Australia.

7:30 - Father Brown
    8:30 - Murdock Mysteries ... and they usually run three episodes in a row.

Nice way to end a Thursday. :)

Machka in Oz

• Machka9
    Options
    But these days I'm glued to the TV from 8:30 or 9:30 onward ... when the TDF comes on. :)

M in Oz
  • ryenday
    ryenday Posts: 1,540 Member
    Options
    Machka9 wrote: »
    But these days I'm glued to the TV from 8:30 or 9:30 onward ... when the TDF comes on. :)

M in Oz

TDF?

• CSSJ09
    CSSJ09 Posts: 293 Member
    Options
    ryenday wrote: »

M in Oz

TDF?
    Rye
    Tour Dr France
    CJ
  • spikeyhair
    spikeyhair Posts: 2,078 Member
    Options
    Hate this version on ipad, why change things 'if it ain't broke.....'

Kate UK <3
  • Machka9
    Options
    CSSJ09 wrote: »
    ryenday wrote: »

M in Oz

TDF?
    Rye
    Tour Dr France
    CJ

Yes!! :)

It's been a really interesting Tour this year!

Machka in Oz
  • cityjaneLondon
    cityjaneLondon Posts: 12,210 Member
    edited July 2018
    Options
    CJ - Big hugs for you and your granddaughter. <3:flowerforyou:

WELCOME to the new people! What struggles and tragedies so many of us go through! :'( That's why we need each other. <3

Kim - I know I could do it, but I am conflicted as to whether I want to. ;):*

I was awake for over two hours in the night. Grrrrrrrrrr! I went in the other room and read. Eventually I got back to sleep around 5.20. Woke up at 6.40 and decided to go for a run. Heard DH flushing the loo, so I poked my head around the door and asked him if he wanted to walk with me. :D So we did our "long walk" around the lanes with me trotting along and him walking fast. :laugh:
    After breakfast we got on our exercise machines. I missed off 100 calories on the elliptical, but I've still chocked up 800. o:):D
    Feels good.

Tonight using up the cold duck legs I cooked after the garage freezer broke down. With brown rice, garbanzos, sweet potato and green beans. As a salad with garlic and scallions. Lemon juice.
    Chilled AF white wine.

Machka - We often watch the one hour summary of the Tour de France that's on at 7 pm over here. I like seeing areas we've visited. Difficult for Sky having two contenders this year.

Might tackle another writing box today. I'm glad we had that discussion yesterday about furniture placement. Please keep all fingers and toes crossed for us. The vendor doesn't want to move until September because of a mortgage redemption clause. We would want to go as soon as possible.

Love you all, Heather UK xxxxxxx
  • LisaInAR
    LisaInAR Posts: 2,020 Member
    Options
    CJ - all the good wishes possible coming your way. Hoping for the best.

Michele - yep, I spent dang near $300 on doorknobs and deadbolts, yesterday, all Kwiksets, and I should be able to key them all identically myself... or let my husband figure it out how to do it, which is more likely. There are three deadbolted outside doors and two keyed doorknob outside doors.

For the new ones who are just coming in, welcome! Just please don't be offended when I don't accept friend requests here on MFP. This thread is pretty much the limit of my interaction, and I'm pretty active here. I appreciate the thought.

My DH and our son did SO much work outside yesterday, completely cleared around the house, and got all the branches that were impinging on the roof cut down, as well. I worked completely in the kitchen, and nowhere else, and still more to go. You can keep up with the progress on my blog at eggshome dot com, if you're interested in a full-house rehab. Not receiving any kind of income from the site, just documenting our progress there.

My sis called last night, and she and my two nieces may try to visit next weekend and pitch in. It may be the last full weekend I'll be home until late August, and she's really excited to help, which is lovely. She painted and remodeled houses for a living until she fell off a ladder and injured a disc in her spine a couple years back, and has terrific taste, so her advice will be welcome.

Need to get my current post written and slide up to Wally-World and get oven cleaner, spider-eviction spray, and a few other things for today's labors. Kinda glad to be working on Monday, I need the rest! :smiley:

Love y'all,
    Lisa in Arkansas
  • cityjaneLondon
    cityjaneLondon Posts: 12,210 Member
    Options
    Lisa - is it worth cleaning if you are going to be remodelling? I know you've got the urge, but you are only going to be making more mess. :D:p

Here is a little article in the Sunday Times about Brighton and Hove. :D Just a frivolous thing, but gives a bit of a flavour. I spent some of this morning looking for various dance classes. :o

https://www.thetimes.co.uk/article/hove-sweet-hove-mzw776vb3?shareToken=70981e4afb6767412b0deb9dc4eb8e33

Much love, Heather UK xxxxxxx
  • LisaInAR
    LisaInAR Posts: 2,020 Member
    Options
    Heather - It would make sense, yes, but there are more than a few things that have to be cleaned enough to be able to assess the damage and decide whether fixes and repairs are possible, or if replacement will be necessary. The body of most of the kitchen cabinets are in great shape (the under-sink being the exception) and they were seriously expensive, well-thought-out cabinets originally. Well worth cleaning, stripping the doors, refinishing and keeping them. The kitchen countertop will be a year two replacement.

The sheer neglect of some of these spaces was just criminal. And so many signs that someone really loved this place, once upon a time. But first, we have to figure out what we can save. Our son really wants to assist, so we're getting enough things in order so he can actually camp out at the house. Love him, but figure that might last two weeks, and then he'll be ready to go back to the city where he has a social life, friends and easy bus/taxi access to downtown, restaurants, etc. Could be wrong in my assessment of his attention span, but it would be nice to have someone there during the week, while we can't get there.

My sis is also talking about coming over next weekend. Would love to have her advice on some of the things we're doing, as she painted and rehabbed houses for quite a while before falling off a ladder and damaging a disc in her spine. We'll see how it all goes. Trying to live in the moment (unsuccessfully), and just take things as they come for a while.

Lisa in AR
  • Machka9
    Options
    Machka - We often watch the one hour summary of the Tour de France that's on at 7 pm over here. I like seeing areas we've visited. Difficult for Sky having two contenders this year.

Yes, to me that makes it more interesting. No one is riding away with the victory. We're a week away from the finish and still have no idea who will win. :)

M in Oz
  • grandmallie
    grandmallie Posts: 9,702 Member
    Options
    morning ladies~
    slept pretty well and about to leave to go feed my DFIL and then picking up a few things then home and onto paperwork... and lots of it.. I am like my dad in that way I am just overwhelmed with lots of paperwork..he had a bigger house and lots more, but I have been here long enough to accumulate to many, so will weed out what I dont need,and file what I do...
    rainy and windy here today so it will be a good day to get this done..
  • 1948Peachy
    1948Peachy Posts: 1,511 Member
    Options
    o:)