Ask the OGs/Adopt-a-Noob Resurrect

Options

Replies

• Caporegiem
    Caporegiem Posts: 4,297 Member
    Options
    why did everyone have cappys picture up that one fateful weekend?

I can't even answer this, all I know is I started getting messages outside of MFP asking if I had died and people were commemorating me.
  • Just_Mel_
    Just_Mel_ Posts: 3,992 Member
    Options
    Caporegiem wrote: »

I can't even answer this, all I know is I started getting messages outside of MFP asking if I had died and people were commemorating me.

If you die, I'm slathering myself in crunchy peanut butter and posting a new PB selfie daily in your honor.
  • caco_ethes
    caco_ethes Posts: 11,962 Member
    Options
    This is great haha! Ok I think I need to start by understanding who all of the pairings are?

Pairings?
  • AmberGlitterSparkles
    AmberGlitterSparkles Posts: 699 Member
    Options
    caco_ethes wrote: »
    This is great haha! Ok I think I need to start by understanding who all of the pairings are?

Pairings?

Yeah like playful MFP relationships.
  • Caporegiem
    Options

If you die, I'm slathering myself in crunchy peanut butter and posting a new PB selfie daily in your honor.

I like the idea but I'm torn because I wont get to see it.
  • caco_ethes
    Options
    There are lots of people who have been here for years. Are you newish? Been wondering about an inside joke that everyone else seems to get? Trying to piece through name changes? Wondering anything at all? Ask here. You can ask in general or tag someone.

RULES:
    1. You cannot ask about the circumstances surrounding a ban.

2. OGs- this thread is for noobs. No devolving into inside jokes!

Well, I'm part "newish" on my mother's side... some great recipes but so much guilt.

Is there a cross-reference / index for the ever changing / evolving usernames that you OGs use?

If there is, I would like to know too
  • caco_ethes
    edited July 2018
    Options
    bhadbahabi wrote: »
    I think I’ve been here off and on longer than I thought. I’m like, ya I’m a newb but then again I know a good amount of the inside jokes.

I swear you’re somebody else I used to know and love

@DeadliftsAndSprinkles and I started that off I think. I messaged everyone I had as friends on ig and mfp that this was the plan. Most people declined to participate. I messaged people that I was not yet friends with on mfp to do it but unfortunately the message glitch had started happening and I didn’t realize my messages weren’t being received. For that reason I felt it flopped, because it was meant to be a prank on Cap, not an exclusive joke for just a few members.

No, no - it was good! I don't remember what thread it was but it looked like @Caporegiem had gone crazy because there were about 15 posts in a row with the same photo, so it was like he was having a whole conversation with himself on here :D

You did it again 😂😂
  • 4legsRbetterthan2
    4legsRbetterthan2 Posts: 19,590 MFP Moderator
    Options

Pairings?

everyone likes some of the people some of the time. Thats about what I got so far ;)
  • caco_ethes
    Options

What’s the pb reference?
  • caco_ethes
    Options
    bhadbahabi wrote: »
    I think I’ve been here off and on longer than I thought. I’m like, ya I’m a newb but then again I know a good amount of the inside jokes.

@DeadliftsAndSprinkles and I started that off I think. I messaged everyone I had as friends on ig and mfp that this was the plan. Most people declined to participate. I messaged people that I was not yet friends with on mfp to do it but unfortunately the message glitch had started happening and I didn’t realize my messages weren’t being received. For that reason I felt it flopped, because it was meant to be a prank on Cap, not an exclusive joke for just a few members.

No, no - it was good! I don't remember what thread it was but it looked like @Caporegiem had gone crazy because there were about 15 posts in a row with the same photo, so it was like he was having a whole conversation with himself on here :D

You did it again 😂😂

You know you want to join me

Always
  • jjpptt2
    jjpptt2 Posts: 5,650 Member
    edited July 2018
    Options

Always

Friendly MFP pairing?
  • caco_ethes
    Options

Pairings?

Oh, you kinda have dibs on whoever you want 😏 I think pairings suggests a mutualness that doesn’t really happen much
  • Caporegiem
    Options

What’s the pb reference?

@Avocado_AS5 likes creamy PB and I like crunchy, we decided it was great because we'd never steal each other's PB. I haven't had the heart to tell her I converted to creamy PB a year or so ago after they quit carrying the crunchy kind I liked at the grocery.
  • caco_ethes
    Options
    jjpptt2 wrote: »
    Always

Friendly MFP pairing?

She’s my girl
  • caco_ethes
    Options
    lstrat115 wrote: »
    whats the original kevin story. I assume it hasnt always been Karen?

If I recall correctly some guy started a thread without realizing he was starting a thread (still can't figure out how people do this) called "Where is Kevin?" so of course we all started posting pics of Kevin Bacon and things like that. Then there was another thread where a guy who had a username that included Kevin posted something and it was just ironic timing. Of course both guys eventually disappeared. So Kevin will randomly be mentioned just to bring back those fond memories.
    I have never actually been Kevin.
    Also..... this was much funnier when it actually happened. It is a lame story now

So how did Karen happen? And buttsville Nd? And the stripper job?
  • 4legsRbetterthan2
    4legsRbetterthan2 Posts: 19,590 MFP Moderator
    Options
    whats the original kevin story. I assume it hasnt always been Karen?

If I recall correctly some guy started a thread without realizing he was starting a thread (still can't figure out how people do this) called "Where is Kevin?" so of course we all started posting pics of Kevin Bacon and things like that. Then there was another thread where a guy who had a username that included Kevin posted something and it was just ironic timing. Of course both guys eventually disappeared. So Kevin will randomly be mentioned just to bring back those fond memories.
    I have never actually been Kevin.
    Also..... this was much funnier when it actually happened. It is a lame story now

someone was calling you kevin the other day, but I didnt think you were the official kevin
  • caco_ethes
    Options

What’s the pb reference?

@Avocado_AS5 likes creamy PB and I like crunchy, we decided it was great because we'd never steal each other's PB. I haven't had the heart to tell her I converted to creamy PB a year or so ago after they quit carrying the crunchy kind I liked at the grocery.

You’d convert to skim milk over the good stuff just to save 2 cents a half gallon though
  • Caporegiem
    Options

What’s the pb reference?

You’d convert to skim milk over the good stuff just to save 2 cents a half gallon though

Skim milk??? I may be a heathen but I'm no savage.
  • caco_ethes
    Options

Pairings?

Oh, you kinda have dibs on whoever you want 😏 I think pairings suggests a mutualness that doesn’t really happen much

It does, but only for 3 months at a time. Max.

I don’t know anyone who can make it that long