Ask the OGs/Adopt-a-Noob Resurrect

Replies

• 4legsRbetterthan2
    4legsRbetterthan2 Posts: 19,590 MFP Moderator
    caco_ethes wrote: »
    This is great haha! Ok I think I need to start by understanding who all of the pairings are?

Pairings?

Yeah like playful MFP relationships.

Oh, you kinda have dibs on whoever you want 😏 I think pairings suggests a mutualness that doesn’t really happen much

I thought deadlifts and bacon had something pretty special. I will remember the red dog gif forever
  • caco_ethes
    caco_ethes Posts: 11,962 Member
    This is great haha! Ok I think I need to start by understanding who all of the pairings are?

Pairings?

Yeah like playful MFP relationships.

Oh, you kinda have dibs on whoever you want 😏 I think pairings suggests a mutualness that doesn’t really happen much

I thought deadlifts and bacon had something pretty special. I will remember the red dog gif forever

Awww. They would’ve been the cutest together
  • caco_ethes
    caco_ethes Posts: 11,962 Member
    Caporegiem wrote: »
    why did everyone have cappys picture up that one fateful weekend?

I can't even answer this, all I know is I started getting messages outside of MFP asking if I had died and people were commemorating me.

If you die, I'm slathering myself in crunchy peanut butter and posting a new PB selfie daily in your honor.

What’s the pb reference?

@Avocado_AS5 likes creamy PB and I like crunchy, we decided it was great because we'd never steal each other's PB. I haven't had the heart to tell her I converted to creamy PB a year or so ago after they quit carrying the crunchy kind I liked at the grocery.

You’d convert to skim milk over the good stuff just to save 2 cents a half gallon though

Skim milk??? I may be a heathen but I'm no savage.

I’ve heard differently
  • bufger
    bufger Posts: 763 Member
    I've been registered at mfp forever but I'm a forum newbie. This thread has been insightful :)

Who would you consider to be an original (OG)? Is there anyone still here from day one or a beta team ?
  • Caporegiem
    Caporegiem Posts: 4,297 Member

I can't even answer this, all I know is I started getting messages outside of MFP asking if I had died and people were commemorating me.

If you die, I'm slathering myself in crunchy peanut butter and posting a new PB selfie daily in your honor.

What’s the pb reference?

@Avocado_AS5 likes creamy PB and I like crunchy, we decided it was great because we'd never steal each other's PB. I haven't had the heart to tell her I converted to creamy PB a year or so ago after they quit carrying the crunchy kind I liked at the grocery.

You’d convert to skim milk over the good stuff just to save 2 cents a half gallon though

I’ve heard differently

You heard wrong sucka
  • 4legsRbetterthan2
    bufger wrote: »
    I've been registered at mfp forever but I'm a forum newbie. This thread has been insightful :)

Who would you consider to be an original (OG)? Is there anyone still here from day one or a beta team ?

Isnt @leut_underpants one of the oldest active chit chatters?
  • Caporegiem

What’s the pb reference?

I’ve heard differently

You heard wrong sucka

Oh my god

@caco_ethes he's playing dirty

No way, my shirt's different!
  • Diatonic12
    Diatonic12 Posts: 32,344 Member
    edited July 2018
    I've been here for a few years. I like your threads, Caco. You always encourage good will. Inside jokes...it doesn't matter where they are, the office breakroom or lavatory can become a boundary and wall for newbies. They serve a purpose and they are a way of establishing pecking order in the chicken yard. Many have relegated and consigned themselves to playing games. I would really like to hear what they have to say about everything.

There are people who've been here for 3-6 years. They show up out of the blue sharing their long term success and disappear, never to be heard from again. Their tips and advice would be a valuable tool for others but they don't stay.
  • HealthyGinny
    HealthyGinny Posts: 821 Member
    bufger wrote: »

same! :)
  • Caporegiem

What’s the pb reference?

I’ve heard differently

You heard wrong sucka

Oh my god

I hate when you do something that's really clever when I'm trying to be annoyed with you

I'm just a winner in all regards.
  • bufger
    I like a good inside joke. This place moves too fast to make it on the inside!
  • RunHardBeStrong
    RunHardBeStrong Posts: 33,069 Member
    lstrat115 wrote: »
    whats the original kevin story. I assume it hasnt always been Karen?

If I recall correctly some guy started a thread without realizing he was starting a thread (still can't figure out how people do this) called "Where is Kevin?" so of course we all started posting pics of Kevin Bacon and things like that. Then there was another thread where a guy who had a username that included Kevin posted something and it was just ironic timing. Of course both guys eventually disappeared. So Kevin will randomly be mentioned just to bring back those fond memories.
    I have never actually been Kevin.
    Also..... this was much funnier when it actually happened. It is a lame story now

So how did Karen happen? And buttsville Nd? And the stripper job?

Those things are all true!!!
    ;)

Actually the stripper thing is a lie, but people still believe it. I had people pretty convinced.
    Some girl started a thread about how her boyfriend went to a strip club and she considered it cheating. She was...... something. So I played with her a bit and pretended to be one of the strippers at the place her boyfriend went and said I was trying to talk him through relationships issues.

I believe I got called unclean and unsanitary in that thread just for posting an opinion. That was a fun thread!
  • Caporegiem

What’s the pb reference?

I’ve heard differently

You heard wrong sucka

Oh my god

I hate when you do something that's really clever when I'm trying to be annoyed with you

I'm just a winner in all regards.

If we meet I am 100% going to make this face at you

q7226xdyittb.gif

Which one? The one on the left?
  • 4legsRbetterthan2
    ugh....that mess....
  • bufger

Aww man I like that thread!
    For the record my wife and I went to a strip club together. That night we burnt at least 600 calories when we got home ! That's according to MFP so I only ate back 300 ;)
  • RunHardBeStrong
    RunHardBeStrong Posts: 33,069 Member

If I recall correctly some guy started a thread without realizing he was starting a thread (still can't figure out how people do this) called "Where is Kevin?" so of course we all started posting pics of Kevin Bacon and things like that. Then there was another thread where a guy who had a username that included Kevin posted something and it was just ironic timing. Of course both guys eventually disappeared. So Kevin will randomly be mentioned just to bring back those fond memories.
    Also..... this was much funnier when it actually happened. It is a lame story now

;)

Actually the stripper thing is a lie, but people still believe it. I had people pretty convinced.
    Some girl started a thread about how her boyfriend went to a strip club and she considered it cheating. She was...... something. So I played with her a bit and pretended to be one of the strippers at the place her boyfriend went and said I was trying to talk him through relationships issues.

I believe I got called unclean and unsanitary in that thread just for posting an opinion. That was a fun thread!

Probably and she didn't like the answers she was getting so she posted multiple similar threads hoping someone would agree with her.

I always love when they do that. I was just thinking the other day that we haven't had a good wife/husband calling the other one out for sending and receiving tons of dirty messages threads in a very long time. It's about time for one.
  • Caporegiem

I remember this thread but somehow there's no comment about Tiffany in it.
  • Caporegiem

;)

Probably and she didn't like the answers she was getting so she posted multiple similar threads hoping someone would agree with her.

I always love when they do that. I was just thinking the other day that we haven't had a good wife/husband calling the other one out for sending and receiving tons of dirty messages threads in a very long time. It's about time for one.

I've missed it every single time that's happened.

They're gone so quick when they pop up. The last one I remember was probably two years ago, RIP @Icheatonmywife