Embrace your Awesomeness!

Replies

• AwesomeOpossum74
    AwesomeOpossum74 Posts: 106 Member
    Aw, you called my name (sort of)! This Opossum likes hugs.
  • jm216
    jm216 Posts: 3,721 Member
    Welcome new peeps!
    What are you up to today?

Have a fantastic Friday <3
    Jill
  • frogsongs
    frogsongs Posts: 12 Member
    I love this thread! First one I'm joining!
    So, two points of awesomeness: I managed five thousand steps yesterday WITH a sprained ankle (wore a brace, on day 6 of recovery). And...I'm back using MFP and making careful choices, much is totally something to celebrate!
  • buxbert
    buxbert Posts: 244 Member
    recovering from yesterday's overeating; today is fine, I am drinking lots, eating carefully, and I feel way better; I had 15.000 steps 2 days ago and I loved it! and: only 40 min left till holidays, yeah!
  • C_Stretton
    C_Stretton Posts: 201 Member
    I'm enjoying the recent cool down. I've thrown open all my windows and have turned off the air conditioner; there's a nice breeze blowing through the house.
  • jm216
    So proud of you all!
    I’m gonna tackle some yard work... and try and see just how many zucchini I have in the garden so far.

<3 Jill
  • frogsongs
    Okay, daily awesomeness! Ankle sprain is continuing to improve - I've somehow managed to hit the sweet spot between rest and use, and managed to sleep without any pain meds last night AND am limping around with only a tensor band, no crutches or brace. Progress!! I managed to water my veggie containers last night, and I think I'll be able to start getting back in the pool next week, yeahhhhhh!

• jm216
    frogsongs wrote: »
    Okay, daily awesomeness! Ankle sprain is continuing to improve - I've somehow managed to hit the sweet spot between rest and use, and managed to sleep without any pain meds last night AND am limping around with only a tensor band, no crutches or brace. Progress!! I managed to water my veggie containers last night, and I think I'll be able to start getting back in the pool next week, yeahhhhhh!

Way to be awesome, Frog!
  • SukesLaLukes
    SukesLaLukes Posts: 44 Member
    Today's awesomeness is that I managed to sleep for 12 hours! This never happens anymore as I am often awake mega early at the weekends! Feeling refreshed!
  • jm216
    Today's awesomeness is that I managed to sleep for 12 hours! This never happens anymore as I am often awake mega early at the weekends! Feeling refreshed!
    Sleep is so important! I got in 8 hours last light and feel great. Congrats Sukes!
  • frogsongs
    Yes, sleep! I've been making a point of getting into bed earlier this week and doing something that makes me sleepy and it feels soooo much better.
  • C_Stretton
    12 hours of sleep sounds amazing! I couldn’t tell you when the last time I did that!

Today was the Farmers Market with my mom to stock up on veggies and later it’s family dinner for my (step) son’s 19th birthday. I’m tracking calories but not holding myself to them
  • SukesLaLukes
    Today was first day back at work following my staycation and it went well!
  • C_Stretton
    A staycation sounds lovely!
  • jm216
    C_Stretton wrote: »
    A staycation sounds lovely!

It sounds relaxing and rejuvenating!
  • jm216
    I’m up and ready to take Roxie for a walk. :)
  • C_Stretton
    Just got back from my walk - I "accidentally" ran through the sprinklers on my way back because the temperature was rising. Our cool down is officially over.
  • frogsongs
    I had SUCH a busy day at work but talked myself out of working too too late and past the point of diminishing returns - I'm a bit of a workaholic so this is a big deal for me!
  • SukesLaLukes
    Random question but just wondering where in the world everyone here is from? I'm in the UK and enjoying some marginally cooler weather than we have had recently!
  • C_Stretton
    I'm in Denver, CO; we had a horrible heatwave, then for about a week stayed in the 70s and 80s (20-30). We're back into the 90s this week (mid-30). The only saving grace for me are trips to the mountains or lakes and cooler temperatures in the evening and mornings. Oh, and sprinklers :smile: