Embrace your Awesomeness!

Options

Replies

• lessismoreohio
    lessismoreohio Posts: 910 Member
    Options
    Hello fellow travelers and Happy Thursday .....

I love that the title, original post and overall feel to this thread is so positive. I sometimes see such negative things said on the community pages.

I think I'm finally going to make it back to the gym tonight. I've been working lots of hours lately and traveling to see family in Pittsburgh (Go Steelers!) and haven't been to the gym in about 10 days.
  • C_Stretton
    C_Stretton Posts: 201 Member
    Options
    Uh-oh... are we talking sports now? As a Broncos fan with a Patriots fan husband, I know how dicey this can get...
    Either way, Happy Friday, and may all your sports teams win this weekend
  • jm216
    jm216 Posts: 3,745 Member
    Options
    Hello fellow travelers and Happy Thursday .....

I love that the title, original post and overall feel to this thread is so positive. I sometimes see such negative things said on the community pages.

I think I'm finally going to make it back to the gym tonight. I've been working lots of hours lately and traveling to see family in Pittsburgh (Go Steelers!) and haven't been to the gym in about 10 days.

I grew up in Greensburg... southeast of Pittsburg, and my husband is a Detroit Lions fan.
  • jm216
    Options
    Pittsburgh.... oops!
  • SukesLaLukes
    SukesLaLukes Posts: 44 Member
    Options
    Back to work today after a lovely two week holiday - looking forward to getting back to logging my food!
  • jm216
    Options
    Back at it today! Logging, exercise and good choices. Have a Terrific Tuesday!

<3 Jill
  • jm216
    Options
    Mid week... we’ve got this!!
  • C_Stretton
    C_Stretton Posts: 201 Member
    edited September 2018
    Options
    I feel like I'm just going through the motions this week. Wake up. Drink Coffee. Go for a walk or run. Work. Eat... The empty bag of chips in the trash tells me I haven't been making the best food choices. But, at least motion is part of the motion. According to the fitbit app, it's Wednesday and I've exercised three times.
    jm216 wrote: »
    Mid week... we’ve got this!!
    So, while I may not feel like I've got this this week, I've got some of this. And sometimes, that's good enough
  • SukesLaLukes
    Options
    I was so determined to be back on it this week with logging my food and failed miserably BUT I'm not going to beat myself up over it - every day is a new chance to start again:)
  • bijarkhan
    bijarkhan Posts: 157 Member
    Options
    Read your beginning post, Jill. I felt as if I am in the same situation. About a month ago, I twisted my ankle while walking the dog. I can walk on it now, but it still hurts. If I don't walk the dog nobody else does, so my pup is just waiting for me to say, "Let's go". Later on today, I feel today is the day. If I don't then trying to come back to this site will backfire. Did I tell ya that I today, 3am this morning I have come back to this site since March. So.....I know to make this work, my twisted ankle and the dog must come in play under the exercise part of this program. Wish me luck. As it was stated above from Sukes...every day is a new chance to start again, but once I restart....I don't want to stop. I don't want the feeling of restarting to haunt me over and over. So now, I want to make friends for the support of non-stopping or reaching for seconds that are definitely not needed. Also, hometown is Pittsburgh, although since my parents have passed, I don't know when I'll be back. I have a family reunion soon, in October, although that was my reason in beginning MFP, this time it's not my reason for coming back, I'm just tired of feeling like a seesaw of weight coming off and putting back on due to my leaving mfp thinking that I knew what portion sizes were good and that I would stick to it.
  • Jam_J
    Jam_J Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    After biting the bullet and deciding to try again, finding this thread was so needed....I have given up before because I am not perfect and instead of forgiving myself I blow it. So here's to loving ourselves enough to know that sometimes we will not make the best choices but it really is ok to dust ourselves down and keep looking forward.
  • bijarkhan
    Options
    Glad to see, Jam that I am not the only one at 4 am looking for some support. Reading this post it seems that everyone is supportive and it looks as if both of us need it! lol
  • Jam_J
    Options
    Not early as 4am here in uk but mine was an early morning post! Yes I think we all need support don't we 😊
  • bijarkhan
    Options
    "Jam" Sometimes being in our own little bubble we forget that this program does circle the world. My bad and hats off to you. Somehow even your British accent comes through your words. Lol.
  • Jam_J
    Options
    Not your bad at all! Fewer Brits on here so understandable :) at the end of the day we're all in this together aren't we 😀
  • SukesLaLukes
    Options
    Jam_J wrote: »
    Not your bad at all! Fewer Brits on here so understandable :) at the end of the day we're all in this together aren't we 😀

I'm a brit too! :)
  • SukesLaLukes
    Options
    bijarkhan wrote: »
    Read your beginning post, Jill. I felt as if I am in the same situation. About a month ago, I twisted my ankle while walking the dog. I can walk on it now, but it still hurts. If I don't walk the dog nobody else does, so my pup is just waiting for me to say, "Let's go". Later on today, I feel today is the day. If I don't then trying to come back to this site will backfire. Did I tell ya that I today, 3am this morning I have come back to this site since March. So.....I know to make this work, my twisted ankle and the dog must come in play under the exercise part of this program. Wish me luck. As it was stated above from Sukes...every day is a new chance to start again, but once I restart....I don't want to stop. I don't want the feeling of restarting to haunt me over and over. So now, I want to make friends for the support of non-stopping or reaching for seconds that are definitely not needed. Also, hometown is Pittsburgh, although since my parents have passed, I don't know when I'll be back. I have a family reunion soon, in October, although that was my reason in beginning MFP, this time it's not my reason for coming back, I'm just tired of feeling like a seesaw of weight coming off and putting back on due to my leaving mfp thinking that I knew what portion sizes were good and that I would stick to it.

:) I definitely need support- not been great a tracking everything food wise and put on weight over my holiday so back to square one again but the important thing is that we don't beat ourselves up about it! Be kind to yourself! :)
  • bijarkhan
    Options
    Thanks for your support Sukes..and the gentle reminder.
  • SukesLaLukes
    Options
    Good Evening (or morning/afternoon!)

I've been taking noodles to work for lunch coz they're quick and easy but want to cut my calories a bit and wondered if any of you had any healthy suggestions for lunches that I could take to work?!

• bijarkhan
    Options
    Salads work wonders. If you buy the lettuce, onions, tomatoes, boiled egg, celery, carrot strings, green pepper (or whatever else) at one time. And then spend 1/2 hour shredding and dicing. It will store nicely in different tupperware. Then each morning just throw together a quick salad with a simple vinegrette and it will give you so much energy. Same thing with tuna or egg salad. Make it and then keep separate. Apply to bread in the morning and you have a quick sandwich to go.