Embrace your Awesomeness!

Replies

• C_Stretton
    C_Stretton Posts: 201 Member
    Great work Jill! It's the small things that really add up... going for a walk, mowing the lawn (not that I ever do that because of my allergies), tracking what we eat. All those things count for something!
  • fallinlovewithme
    fallinlovewithme Posts: 3 Member
    Need friends :) happy to be here. Chose my username for what this is for, for me to fall in love with me again and get moving and healthy.
  • jm216
    jm216 Posts: 3,733 Member
    Happy Friday friends!
    Got in a good walk with Roxie this morning, but have to consistently track to watch the scale move down. A work in progress. The goal: Progress not Perfection.

Have a fantastic Friday!

<3 jill
  • kardsharp
    kardsharp Posts: 618 Member
    What a lovely post. Everyone made my heart smile. Thank you!
  • SukesLaLukes
    SukesLaLukes Posts: 44 Member
    Happy Saturday!! Today's awesomeness is we have friends visiting this weekend so I'm looking forward to a lovely day catching up!
  • C_Stretton
    Yesterday I had brunch with friends and then dinner with more friends.
    And, for first time in almost a week, we are able to see the mountains. Plus, it’s nice and cool... we’re looking at a high of 75. I definitely plan on taking advantage of that!
  • jm216
    Where did the weekend go?
    My daughter was in a play that opened and closed this weekend. We went to an independent move premier that my son was an extra in, and my son had his senior pictures taken. Whew!
    Time flies when you’re having fun!

• kdbulger
    kdbulger Posts: 396 Member
    Jumping in here!

I stopped at the grocery store to get a breakfast that included plant and protein, instead of my default bagel with cream cheese.

My goals for myself this week are to cut my dairy consumption out (again...), close my food diary properly each day, and get 5 days of exercise this week. It's all very doable.
  • C_Stretton
    jm216 wrote: »
    Where did the weekend go?
    My daughter was in a play that opened and closed this weekend. We went to an independent move premier that my son was an extra in, and my son had his senior pictures taken. Whew!
    Time flies when you’re having fun!
    I always thought that the weekends were made for relaxing, but, when you have kids, apparently they're for running around. Totally worth it though!
    kdbulger wrote: »
    Jumping in here!

I stopped at the grocery store to get a breakfast that included plant and protein, instead of my default bagel with cream cheese.

My goals for myself this week are to cut my dairy consumption out (again...), close my food diary properly each day, and get 5 days of exercise this week. It's all very doable.

Totally doable! I'm going to jump in o the closing my food diary properly each day. I'm pretty good about it during the week, but then I lose interest on the weekend (which also is when I lose interest in logging everything I eat. Maybe it's denial for me?)

Speaking of the things I eat over the weekend, I chipped a molar on I don't know what. So I'm going to get that taken care of. I don't know if that counts as awesome, but where I'm at today. Hope everyone's day is better than mine is turning out to be!
  • megbeveridge93
    megbeveridge93 Posts: 238 Member
    My weaknesses are chocolate and ice cream! They are such a trigger food too! I had a good weekend though and used my exercise calories for some Moose Tracks ice cream :D
  • jm216
    It’s so nice to read all of your posts! <3
    What are you up to today?
  • MalloryBrooke22
    MalloryBrooke22 Posts: 1 Member
    Hi everyone!

I love seeing the positive posts! I've been tracking my calories and exercise faithfully for about 6 months now. I'm about 40 lbs down (I was 42 lbs down but enjoyed myself a bit too much these past two weeks and indulged a little which I think is a must at times!) but I was being hard on myself about it. Then I thought, NO, you've lost 40lbs!! Go you!! And it helped me get motivated again to just keep going! We've got this!!! 💪
  • kdbulger
    Hi everyone!

I love seeing the positive posts! I've been tracking my calories and exercise faithfully for about 6 months now. I'm about 40 lbs down (I was 42 lbs down but enjoyed myself a bit too much these past two weeks and indulged a little which I think is a must at times!) but I was being hard on myself about it. Then I thought, NO, you've lost 40lbs!! Go you!! And it helped me get motivated again to just keep going! We've got this!!! 💪

I am in exactly the same boat! I was down 43lbs but things have been chaotic and I haven't been shy about indulging so I'm back to 40lbs. But I'm so very proud of myself and you should be too! We DO "got this"! Well done, you!
  • kdbulger
    jm216 wrote: »
    It’s so nice to read all of your posts! <3
    What are you up to today?

I'm at work, basically biding my time until I go running on my lunch break. Trying to decide if I want to try a speed workout today.
  • C_Stretton
    I took the day off - I'm going to have brunch with my mom and sister, and, if the weather cooperates, I'll go for a quick run/walk. We've got storms coming in late this afternoon but I think I can squeeze in some time outside.
  • jm216
    I love how you’re all squeezing in some exercise at lunch... way to get it done! Congrats on my friends who’ve lost 40 pounds. <3
  • frogsongs
    frogsongs Posts: 12 Member
    Look at everyone, out there being and doing awesome! I love reading these posts, I should make a habit of doing it in the mornings for a bit of a boost to the day.

Wellllll, my little bit of awesome today is that the scale I started using daily (ish) on July 28 showed I've lost...5.2kg since then! That's over 11 lbs 😮! I'm extremely heavy so I'm not at all concerned about the fast rate of loss (still eating >2000 calories/day), but I'm honestly a little shocked that this actually happened.

Things have been a little less than awesome lately, but there's still lots of opportunities to find and embrace the wins. It's overcast today but I'm still determined to do a great job at work and to look after myself and others.

You're all fantastic!
  • jm216
    frogsongs wrote: »
    Look at everyone, out there being and doing awesome! I love reading these posts, I should make a habit of doing it in the mornings for a bit of a boost to the day.

Wellllll, my little bit of awesome today is that the scale I started using daily (ish) on July 28 showed I've lost...5.2kg since then! That's over 11 lbs 😮! I'm extremely heavy so I'm not at all concerned about the fast rate of loss (still eating >2000 calories/day), but I'm honestly a little shocked that this actually happened.

Things have been a little less than awesome lately, but there's still lots of opportunities to find and embrace the wins. It's overcast today but I'm still determined to do a great job at work and to look after myself and others.

You're all fantastic!

I love your positive attitude!
  • jm216
    Wednesdays words of wisdom:

Is it weird to say that I love you all? I do! It's great to be on this journey with you. We've got good music playing, and great conversation going on in our road trip through life. Sure, we're going to hit some potholes, and get off track, but that's just a part of it. Love yourself flaws and all, make good choices for yourself, have fun, spread joy, get over the guilt, and the pounds will come off.

Jill
  • frogsongs
    frogsongs Posts: 12 Member
    Jill, I gotta say - this group is just the best. It's so nice to know that there's this little cluster of people out there, being authentic and funny and yes, awesome, every day!