Embrace your Awesomeness!

Options

Replies

• HeathieM
    HeathieM Posts: 173 Member
    Options
    Great post! Negative thinking has been soooooo deeply ingrained in me since childhood. I a reading the book You Are a Badass right now and trying to learn to stop expecting so little of myself. Hope everyone is having a good week.

That's a great book!

I just finished Big Magic which is all about living a creative life! So good!
  • HeathieM
    HeathieM Posts: 173 Member
    Options
    jm216 wrote: »
    Late night snacking got to me yesterday when I got home. Potato chips are my kryptonite... what is your weakness?

CHHHIIIIIIIPPPPPPPSSSSSSSSSSSSS

in bed.

Eating in chips bed is my kryptonite.
  • LittleMessyMissy
    LittleMessyMissy Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    Today I walked and moved. It felt good.
  • frogsongs
    frogsongs Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    Last night I went to the pool, swam a bit with arms only and did some walking in the water and the ankle sprain has been a bit better today!
    I'm going to go back tonight, too :)

And for the asked, I'm in Canada - about 150 km northeast of Toronto. 🍁
  • jm216
    jm216 Posts: 3,736 Member
    Options
    I’m from the middle of Michigan in a small town.
    Absolutely love it❤️
  • jm216
    Options
    C_Stretton wrote: »
    jgs77a6h99x5.jpeg
    Enjoying the evening with the back door open... we don’t have a cat

I love your furry visitor!! How long did this friendly cat hang out?
  • C_Stretton
    C_Stretton Posts: 201 Member
    Options
    She popped in for about a half hour. Made herself at home and then wandered back around the corner. It’s not the first time she’s been over but was the first time she got this comfortable.
  • jm216
    Options
    We used to always find our neighbors wiener dog, Scooby, scratching at our sliding door, asking Roxie to come out and play!
  • jm216
    Options
    Today I am at my heaviest since my daughter was born... 13.5 years ago. Talk about a reality check! I’ve got to log everything to get back under control, and move consistently. 10k steps is my daily goal.
  • C_Stretton
    Options
    I've always loved animals, and used to scare my mum running around with all the stray dogs. Sometimes I think she's convinced that I'll be mauled to death one day. My husband just rolls his eyes at me. A few weeks back there was a stray pit mix terrorizing the neighborhood. I lured him into our house and quickly became friends. Whilst sitting and contacting a local no kill shelter here, he plopped his slobbery head in my lap. Unfortunately, Buddy wasn't a fan of anyone else, including my husband, so he had to go. And, needless to say, my husband is much more welcoming of Miss Kitters wandering in from time to time (yes, I name all the wanderers).

UGH - reality check! Mine came almost a month ago when I saw a picture of myself in a bikini on a paddle board and I realized that my bikini body morphed into my body in a bikini. It definitely makes you want to get moving more and focus more on what you're eating.
  • jm216
    Options
    I’m an animal lover too! My daughter and I volunteer at a no kill shelter whenever we can.
  • frogsongs
    Options
    We have three awesome cats (to our two-human household) and have to actively avoid acquiring more animals. We donate to our local animal charities on the regular and I have so much respect for people who volunteer their time!

My recent wake up call actually came with the sprained ankle from a couple of weeks ago. My partner, who is super strong, was having a hard time getting me up off the pavement. It wasn't an awesome feeling, but what has been awesome is just calmly, reasonably, sustainably measuring food, logging all my meals and exercise, and non-judgementally weighing myself and seeing the scale steadily move downwards. I've logged into MFP for 15 days now and was using the FitBit ap for a few days before that - longest I've ever kept up tracking.

That does feel pretty awesome.
  • C_Stretton
    Options
    Volunteering at a shelter would be a slippery slope for me. There’s no telling what I’d come home with.

Frogsongs - 15 days is fantastic! Great job! I’ve been tracking for a long time and have been up and down and up over the years. I’m back on the downward trend and it does feel pretty awesome
  • SukesLaLukes
    SukesLaLukes Posts: 44 Member
    Options
    Feeling good today - lost 2lbs so finally starting to see some results!
  • jorichards2
    jorichards2 Posts: 100 Member
    Options
    Out shopping yesterday and saw a lady wearing the same dress as me and thought that looks better on her! Then realised I was looking in a mirror 😂

Maybe I don’t need to avoid them anymore!!!
  • jm216
    Options
    I love to read and catch up on posts! I'm so happy that you're all here.

Currently I'm fighting the urge to munch. I'm having an anxious moment, so to buy time until lunch, I need to make sure that I drink all of the water I brought, and eat my applesauce.... instead of foraging. It feels good to see this written as my confessional today. :)

Love you all!

Jill

• C_Stretton
    Options
    Out shopping yesterday and saw a lady wearing the same dress as me and thought that looks better on her! Then realised I was looking in a mirror 😂
    I've done something similar. I caught my reflection in a mirror and smiled, then wondered who the lady that smiled at me was.
    In other awesomeness news... I'm in one of my shorter skirts today and noticed a bit of definition in my legs. Thighs are my trouble spot. I've been cursed with my mom's family's lower half.
  • jm216
    Options
    I’m most definitely a pear shape, and I’ve got my grandmothers legs.
  • frogsongs
    Options
    I too have my grandmother's legs - I'm 5'10" but have a 31" inseam, thick thick thick thighs, cellulite since I was 12, sun damage, and some spider veins to boot. My legs have never and probably will never be my favourite part of me, but they are all kinds of strong!