Myfitnesspal

Message Boards Chit-Chat
You are currently viewing the message boards in:

What things are you irrational about?

Replies

• 81Katz81Katz Member Posts: 7,077 Member Member Posts: 7,077 Member
    Saran Wrap. I *kitten* hate it :lol:
  • caco_ethescaco_ethes Member Posts: 11,962 Member Member Posts: 11,962 Member
    cee134 wrote: »
    I'll need to revisit this on the 22nd

Why?

22/7 (The date as non-Americans write it) is a closer approximation of Pi than March 14th.

So is that your Pi day?

I observe both as an excuse to eat an irrational amount of pie

A rational amount of pie can still be a lot of pie.

No need to bring irrational numbers into this.

But irrational thread.

I'm irrational about people touching things that belong to me, no matter how harmless. Put a flyer under my wiper? I'm outraged you touched my car. Don't come over to my desk and start sliding stuff out of the way.

My planet plates go in order. Don't put away my dishes.

So now I need to know if your planet plates have Pluto or not? Do you ever use your Pluto Plate? I wouldn't. It would never clear the rest of the dishes in its orbit.

I just adore you.

The set does not include Pluto.

Have you met our space thread? I suspect you would feel right at home there. There’s not even any #babybathtime pics
  • cee134cee134 Member Posts: 33,764 Member Member Posts: 33,764 Member
    caco_ethes wrote: »

Why?

22/7 (The date as non-Americans write it) is a closer approximation of Pi than March 14th.

So is that your Pi day?

But irrational thread.

I'm irrational about people touching things that belong to me, no matter how harmless. Put a flyer under my wiper? I'm outraged you touched my car. Don't come over to my desk and start sliding stuff out of the way.

So now I need to know if your planet plates have Pluto or not? Do you ever use your Pluto Plate? I wouldn't. It would never clear the rest of the dishes in its orbit.

I just adore you.

Have you met our space thread? I suspect you would feel right at home there. There’s not even any #babybathtime pics

I was wondering what a planet taking a bath would look like and this is as closet thing I found. It's weird there aren't any pics of planets taking a bath which makes me irrational.

40h2xd3d67pn.jpg
    edited July 2018

Why?

So is that your Pi day?

But irrational thread.

I just adore you.

I was wondering what a planet taking a bath would look like and this is as closet thing I found. It's weird there aren't any pics of planets taking a bath which makes me irrational.

40h2xd3d67pn.jpg

I’m irrationally happy that you googled this
  • RastaLousGirlRastaLousGirl Member Posts: 2,085 Member Member Posts: 2,085 Member
    When I am only getting a very short summary of what someone is trying to tell me. No no no.. Start all over, you are confusing me.
    If you get impatient or exasperated with me, my head will actually pop right off.
  • RastaLousGirlRastaLousGirl Member Posts: 2,085 Member Member Posts: 2,085 Member
    If you get impatient or exasperated with me, my head will actually pop right off.

And there I go thinking I was the only one.

Also, I don't like when someone who knows me is not understanding standing what I am saying, but then gets frustrated at me when I go into details to try and explain it better.
  • KosmosKittenKosmosKitten Member Posts: 10,343 Member Member Posts: 10,343 Member
    I suppose I get irrationally angry about being interrupted, particularly when I am interrupted by men. Look, just cause you have different working parts downstairs doesn't make your words more valid/important than mine. I don't interrupt you, so don't do that *kitten* to me.
  • bootyrubsandtacosbootyrubsandtacos Member Posts: 775 Member Member Posts: 775 Member
    I don’t like getting my feet wet. It doesn’t bother me in the shower, but I keep two towels on the floor to immediately dry my feet as soon as I get out. The feeling of wet feet makes my skin crawl. I do my own pedicures, because the thought of soaking my feet in those nasty little tubs makes me gag.

People who repetitively sniffle or clear their throat BLOW YOUR NOSE! GET SOME WATER or pop lozenge! F*****kin HELL! People who obnoxiously sigh incessantly makes me want to rip my hair out.

Uppity transplants with attitudes who move from small towns to NYC and call themselves “NY’ers” because they hailed a cab and took the subway once. No you’re NOT!

Dirty bathrooms.

People who wear pajamas and slides with socks in public.
    edited July 2018
  • Pour_DecisionsPour_Decisions Member Posts: 1,053 Member Member Posts: 1,053 Member

People who repetitively sniffle or clear their throat BLOW YOUR NOSE! GET SOME WATER or pop lozenge! F*****kin HELL! People who obnoxiously sigh incessantly makes me want to rip my hair out.

Uppity transplants with attitudes who move from small towns to NYC and call themselves “NY’ers” because they hailed a cab and took the subway once. No you’re NOT!

Dirty bathrooms.

This list is spot on.
  • AmberGlitterSparklesAmberGlitterSparkles Member Posts: 699 Member Member Posts: 699 Member
    Anyone getting into my personal space bubble or touching me unprovoked. If we’re not super close, family, or flirting don’t touch me.
  • RachelElserRachelElser Member Posts: 1,048 Member Member Posts: 1,048 Member
    An irrational fear is that I will cut my feet off while using the weed whacker.
  • empresssueempresssue Member Posts: 2,953 Member Member Posts: 2,953 Member
    cant have a fan/ac blowing my body while I sleep. have to be facing away
    I'm the exact opposite. Have to have a fan or constant breeze blowing on me while I sleep otherwise I don't sleep.

The fan issue is a potential deal breaker. It should be one of those dating compatibility questions.

Actually, they're perfect: she can face the fan & he can face away. Perfect.
  • empresssueempresssue Member Posts: 2,953 Member Member Posts: 2,953 Member
    I am irrational about my bathroom mirror: do NOT shake your hands so hard or brush your teeth with your wide open & get spots on it. I will make you clean it properly if you do.
  • bhadbahabibhadbahabi Member Posts: 575 Member Member Posts: 575 Member
    I'm actually scared about someone touching the arches of my feet. I actually freak out all the time about that. I have to really trust the person.
    I don't like my ears being touched or bent. Even seeing other people bend their own ear makes me cringe.
  • AmberGlitterSparklesAmberGlitterSparkles Member Posts: 699 Member Member Posts: 699 Member
    I’m terrified that an escalator is going to rip my foot off.
  • MotorsheenMotorsheen Member Posts: 20,197 Member Member Posts: 20,197 Member
    81Katz wrote: »
    Saran Wrap. I *kitten* hate it :lol:

you're probably just not wearing it properly .
  • CaporegiemCaporegiem Member Posts: 4,298 Member Member Posts: 4,298 Member
    People that take too long washing their dishes out in the sink at work. Good lord Wendy I could've taken a pottery class and learned to make a bowl in the time it's taking you to clean that thing.
  • CaporegiemCaporegiem Member Posts: 4,298 Member Member Posts: 4,298 Member
    Caporegiem wrote: »
    People that take too long washing their dishes out in the sink at work. Good lord Wendy I could've taken a pottery class and learned to make a bowl in the time it's taking you to clean that thing.

Can you and @caco_ethes recreate the scene from Ghost except you play Demi Moore's part?

If you don't I'll be irrationally angry about it for months.

You say that like we haven't already done it.