Options
    Hello? Is this thing on? HAHA! :D
  • fredthompson5458498
    Options
    Thank you, good to be back..
  • beachgal0626
    beachgal0626 Posts: 1,910 Member
    Options
    Hello, 50-somethings! Just turned 56 this summer, and have been on MFP since 2012. Mainly to track my food and exercise -- as I get older, it's easy to let good habits slide. My main goals are to lose 3-5 lbs. (lost 6 1/2 that crept up), but maintaining is ok, too. I have been an avid exerciser since 2007, but some minor injuries and a few health setbacks have gotten me out of my "routine". Hoping to get this virus, or sinus infection (not sure which it is) out of the way soon, and get back to walking and some great classes at the gym! Who has fun plans this weekend?! I had family in last weekend with lots of activity, so plan to "chill" this weekend and catch up on laundry, rest, my books . . . . how exciting is that?! :)
  • alteredsteve175
    alteredsteve175 Posts: 2,716 Member
    edited August 2018
    Options
    My son and I started building some corn hole boards yesterday. I will be finishing them this weekend.

Will get an hour or two of walking in as well. And the usual chores around the house. So much for fun plans for this weekend.
  • beachgal0626
    Options
    Corn hole game is fun, though, so you'll be glad you have made them!
  • alteredsteve175
    Options

We made four sets last year. I agree - great fun and a game anyone can play. We have taken the boards to parties - people enjoyed the game. Got several requests for boards - so we are building four more sets.
  • beachgal0626
    Options

We made four sets last year. I agree - great fun and a game anyone can play. We have taken the boards to parties - people enjoyed the game. Got several requests for boards - so we are building four more sets.

Cool! Any particular themes/pictures on them?
  • TonyB0588
    TonyB0588 Posts: 9,520 Member
    Options

And what exactly are these corn things?!?
  • beachgal0626
    Options
    Here's the rough version -- it's a bean bag toss game -- you have two boards at a slanted angle with a hole at the end. Try to get the bean bags in the hole, while striving to knock others' bean bags off the board so they get no points/lose points.
  • alteredsteve175
    Options
    TonyB0588 wrote: »

And what exactly are these corn things?!?

Tony - here's a short video explaining the game.
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=24sxs6dGJKY

@beachgal0626 - Boise State Broncos colors on one set - American flag colors on one set - black and orange on one set (because I like that color combo) - and white/green boards with my business logo on one set. I'll post some photos tomorrow.

• ShareASmile
    ShareASmile Posts: 195 Member
    Options
    I love corn hole! We love to play that and washers at picnics and parties. @beachgal0626 As far as plans for this weekend, I have nothing planned, which is wonderful!!!!! I've been out of town the past 5 weekends so am really looking forward to some rest and relaxation. Love to read, so am hoping to do a lot of that! Everyone enjoy their weekend!!!
  • emjay196363
    emjay196363 Posts: 37 Member
    Options
    I'm 55 and struggling to lose. Anyone can add me. No judgment, though, please!
  • longkathleenann9291
    longkathleenann9291 Posts: 110 Member
    Options
    Just hanging around the house doing chores and reading. Hubby is away for the weekend. Love my alone time!
  • alteredsteve175
    edited August 2018
    Options
    Rise and shine, people! Started a pot of coffee and then it's back to work on the corn hole boards.
  • LivingMyBestLife49
    LivingMyBestLife49 Posts: 73 Member
    Options
    Will be 50 on my birthday. Looking to make new friends on our journey.. please feel free to add me anyone looking for same
  • beachgal0626
    Options
    Rise and shine, people! Started a pot of coffee and then it's back to work on the corn hole boards.

Did you get them done?! Send pics!
  • alteredsteve175
    Options
    Still in progress. Frames are done. Holes are cut. Next up - fill the screw heads and sand everything. Still have to add legs, too. qlsucptz5gpk.jpg
  • GrannyGoes4it
    GrannyGoes4it Posts: 59 Member
    Options
    How has everyone been doing, I am over 50 too, way over. LOL I checked out the 50s group but not much activity. I enjoy reading how everyone is doing. I have chosen Friday as my weigh-in day and that will be my second weigh-in. Feel better, clothes fitting better. This is the first time I have had good results in a long time.
  • beachgal0626
    Options
    Still in progress. Frames are done. Holes are cut. Next up - fill the screw heads and sand everything. Still have to add legs, too. qlsucptz5gpk.jpg

Lookin' good!