50 somethings

Options

Replies

• lessismoreohio
    lessismoreohio Posts: 910 Member
    Options
    Good morning 50 somethings!

Blessed to have another Monday and another week to work to get it right ...... self, fitness, diet.
  • alteredsteve175
    alteredsteve175 Posts: 2,716 Member
    Options
    Hey hey hey! It's a beautiful day! (Actually pretty smoky outside today in Idaho. Everything has that reddish tint.)
  • striderb
    striderb Posts: 5,845 Member
    Options
    Good afternoon 50 somethings. Is it okay if I sneak in being that I'm in my 60s?
  • beachgal0626
    beachgal0626 Posts: 1,910 Member
    Options
    striderb wrote: »
    Good afternoon 50 somethings. Is it okay if I sneak in being that I'm in my 60s?

Of course! The group is "50 Somethings" -- so "you are something"!
  • beachgal0626
    beachgal0626 Posts: 1,910 Member
    Options
    Good morning 50 somethings!

Blessed to have another Monday and another week to work to get it right ...... self, fitness, diet.

Great way to look at it!
  • 50ishfiona
    50ishfiona Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Hello all! I am thrilled to find a group of 50+ adults who share this challenge. I am +- 50lb overweight and have been for about 20 years. I am very active and eat fairly well - just entirely too much. Because of this I have been lucky to avoid the health issues of being overweight. Well, my blood pressure is creeping up and I am on a mission to avoid meds. This means that I need to drop some weight.

I joined MFP in 2012 but I have rarely made it past a week of logging entries. I am hoping that finding a group will help me in being consistent. I am part of a running club (albeit the weak link) and a post I found on this facebook group speaks volumes...

"Every morning that you wake up is another chance to get it right."

Kind of my motto right now. Happy Monday!
  • alteredsteve175
    Options
    50ishfiona wrote: »
    Hello all! I am thrilled to find a group of 50+ adults who share this challenge.
    Ruh-roh. I thought you just had to be over 50. I may be in trouble here! HAHA! :D
    I am +- 50lb overweight and have been for about 20 years. I am very active and eat fairly well - just entirely too much. Because of this I have been lucky to avoid the health issues of being overweight. Well, my blood pressure is creeping up and I am on a mission to avoid meds. This means that I need to drop some weight.
    I started here for the same reason. My blood pressure was creeping up. I got denied for platelet donation three times at the blood bank because my BP was too high. Went to the doc and he gave me some meds - and some good counsel - "You won't have to take these pills if you lose some weight." Dropped some pounds - dropped the meds - life is good. Back to donating platelets every couple of weeks.

• luppic8
    luppic8 Posts: 580 Member
    Options
    Feel free to add me to your friend list
  • roma49
    roma49 Posts: 173 Member
    Options
    HI, I'm new to MFP while I've already lost 20lbs I'm looking for inspiration & support as I approach my maintaining weight.
    Laughter make life worth living so please feel free to add me
  • cassie2008
    cassie2008 Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    Hi I'm 56 going to be 57, soon I hope to lost 20 lbs by summer and keep it off I gain weight over stress. I can't do it alone if you can help me I would greatly appreciate it.
  • poolplayer67
    poolplayer67 Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    51 and just started 8 days ago. Long way to go but feel i can do this....
  • Jumper4714
    Jumper4714 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Hi everyone, I would like to join this group. How do I go about doing this? I am 56 and would like to lose about 40 pounds so I can go into retirement (wishful thinking) in a healthier body.
  • longkathleenann9291
    longkathleenann9291 Posts: 110 Member
    edited August 2018
    Options
    Jumper4714 wrote: »
    Hi everyone, I would like to join this group. How do I go about doing this? I am 56 and would like to lose about 40 pounds so I can go into retirement (wishful thinking) in a healthier body.

You already have joined the group by posting. Welcome!
  • jacq0220
    jacq0220 Posts: 27 Member
    Options
    Hi I'm Jackie, new to mfp. I want to drop 50lbs that I regained from my weight watchers goal. I want a healthy active life. I look forward to friendship and a positive sharing community.
  • kyricus
    kyricus Posts: 69 Member
    Options
    57 going on 30 here! (nah, wouldn't want to be 30 again actually) Been here a while, keep pretty active. Diary is open, feel free to send a friend request. Always looking for motivation and to help motive. Happy Wednesday!
  • lisaloumn2
    lisaloumn2 Posts: 203 Member
    Options
    turn 51 on Friday - have lost 35 lbs since the start of the year with another 25-30 to go. Ready for my 50's to be one of my best decades.
  • ShareASmile
    ShareASmile Posts: 195 Member
    Options
    lisaloumn2 wrote: »
    turn 51 on Friday - have lost 35 lbs since the start of the year with another 25-30 to go. Ready for my 50's to be one of my best decades.

Happy early birthday! Wonderful to have a weekend birthday!
  • ShareASmile
    ShareASmile Posts: 195 Member
    Options
    @alteredsteve175 The corn hole game looks awesome - great start and I can't wait to see the finished product. Great talent that you have!!
  • alteredsteve175
    Options
    Morning, all! Off to the gym. Have an awesome day! :)