Pet peeves

Options

Replies

• RunHardBeStrong
    RunHardBeStrong Posts: 33,069 Member
    Options
    kds10 wrote: »
    I don't need to know every single little thing you do. You don't need to post every 10 year old movie that watch on fb. Or that you're getting ice cream with the kiddos for the 8th time this week.

Facebook brings out the narcissism in people! What I hate is when people post a pic of themselves and then wait for all the wow you look good, you are so hot, etc, etc. etc. etc.

Yes. And those that constantly post how amazing their S.O. is or what their S.O. did for them annoy the f out of me. Tell your S.O. not everyone on your FB. My opinion is if you're constantly bragging about how great your life is or your S.O. is, you're trying to convince yourself of these half truths more than anyone else.

An occasional brag about your life or pat on the back for your kids, S.O., bestie, whomever is sweet but day after day gets old.
  • tinak33
    tinak33 Posts: 9,883 Member
    Options
    nooshi713 wrote: »
    I do not like long, fake nails on women, or fake toenails. Yuck.

Agreed. They are gross. I used to see the cashiers in the grocery store, with talons. That's what I called them. The nails were so long that they curled down, and were more than twice the length of their normal fingernail.

*shudders*
  • AliNouveau
    AliNouveau Posts: 36,287 Member
    edited August 2018
    Options
    I don't need to know every single little thing you do. You don't need to post every 10 year old movie that watch on fb. Or that you're getting ice cream with the kiddos for the 8th time this week.

Facebook brings out the narcissism in people! What I hate is when people post a pic of themselves and then wait for all the wow you look good, you are so hot, etc, etc. etc. etc.

Yes. And those that constantly post how amazing their S.O. is or what their S.O. did for them annoy the f out of me. Tell your S.O. not everyone on your FB. My opinion is if you're constantly bragging about how great your life is or your S.O. is, you're trying to convince yourself of these half truths more than anyone else.

An occasional brag about your life or pat on the back for your kids, S.O., bestie, whomever is sweet but day after day gets old.

My FB gripe is the sharing then tagging your spouse saying let's try this recipe or let's do this. Can you not just tell them yourself you frigging live with each other

Or on the bragging about your S.O. someone posted a tribute to a loved one that passed and the S.O. Posted a reply with like oh baby you're so thoughtful glad you got to see them. Seriously?!? No mention of the dead loved one just praising the S.O. annoyed the heck out of me. Once again maybe tell them this to their face we all know you're married you don't have to stake your claim on Facebook
  • kds10
    kds10 Posts: 452 Member
    Options
    AliNouveau wrote: »

My FB gripe is the sharing then tagging your spouse saying let's try this recipe or let's do this. Can you not just tell them yourself you frigging live with each other

Or on the bragging about your S.O. someone posted a tribute to a loved one that passed and the S.O. Posted a reply with like oh baby you're so thoughtful glad you got to see them. Seriously?!? No mention of the dead loved one just praising the S.O. annoyed the heck out of me. Once again maybe tell them this to their face we all know you're married you don't have to stake your claim on Facebook

I have a friend that does that constantly tags her spouse on this or that...seriously how lame!

Worst yet I hate the drama post.....I have seen people post stuff like "when will this end?" and then everybody is like OMG are you okay, call me, etc. etc. etc. and the person never comes back to elaborate.
  • RunHardBeStrong
    RunHardBeStrong Posts: 33,069 Member
    Options

Lol exactly. FB is so fake. I only check in on there with long distance family/friends. I can go days without scrolling my feed for all the reason we've cited.
  • kds10
    Options
    The weird facebook pages are those when the person posts nothing but selfies...I find that bizarre. YOu scroll down and it is just selfies all the way down. Very odd!
  • Nessiechickie
    Nessiechickie Posts: 1,392 Member
    Options
    Realized one yesterday.

Waiting on people. Been doing a lot of meeting up with my b/f (who has no phone) after work to move the motorhome and waiting on him to arrive at designated spot just boils my blood. Waited 30 mins yesterday and then an hour on a previous day (miscommunication).

• SandSeaSkySoul
    SandSeaSkySoul Posts: 212 Member
    edited August 2018
    Options
    What I dislike's those that also use their personal Facebook, for business!
  • kds10
    Options
    I don't even have facebook. I think it's toxic. All social media is toxic actually. Even this dating (I mean fitness) site.

Bill Maher says the same thing all the time on his show..that social media is going to be the downfall of society and I think it is starting to happen.
  • AliNouveau
    AliNouveau Posts: 36,287 Member
    Options

Lol exactly. FB is so fake. I only check in on there with long distance family/friends. I can go days without scrolling my feed for all the reason we've cited.

There's lots of ego inflating for sure on Facebook.

Lately we have friends that tag us in everything they post. Why do I need to be tagged in your post about being sad your daughter is gone for a month to camp. You signed her up. These friends too keep posting about things they get away with living in the affluent area they live in, or how a recent shooting was only publicized cause it occurred in their affluent area.... W..... T..... F?????? They live across from community housing where there was a murder last year.
  • Motorsheen
    Motorsheen Posts: 20,492 Member
    Options
    denny_mac wrote: »
    People with no situational awareness. For example, at the drive through today. There was a fairly long line, and it extended out of the parking lot, into the road. The car in front of me kept leaving more than a whole car length of room in front of him and wouldn't proceed ahead until ... well, I don't what finally motivated him to eventually join society and proceed ahead and allow more cars to move forward behind him.

Just ... try to be aware of your surroundings. So many people act as if there's no one else around who's affected by their actions.

I told my wife that the next marathon that I run, it will be for awareness.

She asked awareness of what?

I told her, the kind of awareness where you don't block the grocery aisle with your shopping cart.
  • Motorsheen
    Motorsheen Posts: 20,492 Member
    Options
    Motorsheen wrote: »
    People with no situational awareness. For example, at the drive through today. There was a fairly long line, and it extended out of the parking lot, into the road. The car in front of me kept leaving more than a whole car length of room in front of him and wouldn't proceed ahead until ... well, I don't what finally motivated him to eventually join society and proceed ahead and allow more cars to move forward behind him.

Just ... try to be aware of your surroundings. So many people act as if there's no one else around who's affected by their actions.

I told my wife that the next marathon that I run, it will be for awareness.

She asked awareness of what?

I told her, the kind of awareness where you don't block the grocery aisle with your shopping cart.

If you were a girl I'd kiss you.
    If you were cute, anyway.

How 'bout you just send me a birthday card.
  • PaigeyPoo28
    PaigeyPoo28 Posts: 404 Member
    Options
    When people Bite the fork with their teeth..

That Ear-piercing squeak :s:s
  • DoubleUbea
    DoubleUbea Posts: 1,115 Member
    Options
    When people start a thread in the wrong section for that topic.... and then every other user comments on it.
    When the same topic has been repeated 10,000³³² times.
  • nooshi713
    nooshi713 Posts: 4,877 Member
    Options
    Oh yeah, I hate when people are always late. My time is valuable. Next time, I'm not making plans wit y'all.
  • Bullet_with_Butterfly_Wings
    Options
    When I don't know what to do with my anger