Less Alcohol - August 2018 - One Day at a Time

Options

Replies

• snoo61
    snoo61 Posts: 549 Member
    edited August 2018
    Options
    NormInv wrote: »
    I am back for August too, I have been Dry about 36/37 days now. I have a nice vacation coming up end of August and I know I will indulge then so not committing to dry August

Congratulations on meeting your expectations and Yay vacation!
  • NovusDies
    NovusDies Posts: 8,940 Member
    Options
    tracimcp wrote: »
    I made it thru the first day!!

Good for you!

• ErynVee
    ErynVee Posts: 187 Member
    Options

Great job!! It's tough at first :) You did it!
  • NovusDies
    NovusDies Posts: 8,940 Member
    Options
    Hangover primer? I wonder how many beauty store employees have been cussed out for recommending that product.
  • WinoGelato
    WinoGelato Posts: 13,454 Member
    Options
    RubyRed427 wrote: »

Awesome! Happy for you!

Love the new user name!
  • ErynVee
    ErynVee Posts: 187 Member
    Options
    NovusDies wrote: »
    Hangover primer? I wonder how many beauty store employees have been cussed out for recommending that product.

I know! LOL. I was a bit upset but at the same time I was like.. "Yeah.. well I guess I obviously need this!"
  • MonkeyMel21
    MonkeyMel21 Posts: 2,388 Member
    Options
    Today will be day 4 for me. It's been fairly easy so far to resist (weekends are always the hardest for me anyway), but I haven't been sleeping that great. Every single night this week I have woken up around 2 am and just laid there for at least an hour, then dosing off and on until my alarm goes off around 5. It's really annoying me because I haven't planned my normal early morning work outs this week at all because I wanted to catch up on sleep and start fresh with my work outs next week (perhaps not working out is part of the issue too?).

Anyway, I'm sure it'll get better but I'm going to stop by the store after work today and get some benadryl to help me out for a few nights, lol.
  • anothermfpuser
    anothermfpuser Posts: 84 Member
    Options
    AF since 7/29, which means I had zero on my b-day as well. I consider myself a successful moderator but am aiming for AF for August and most of September. At the moment, I'm sick of the taste of any alcohol. Restoring my taste-buds for the upcoming Oktoberfest brews.

Question for the hard liquor connoisseurs.. How long do bottles of unopened Tanqueray gin last? It used to be my favorite but then I lost my taste for 100% hard liquor about 12+ years ago. I have a couple of unopened bottles that people gave me as gifts way back then that have been sitting in a box since they were handed to me.

Are they worth passing along or more worth dumping?
  • MonkeyMel21
    MonkeyMel21 Posts: 2,388 Member
    Options
    AF since 7/29, which means I had zero on my b-day as well. I consider myself a successful moderator but am aiming for AF for August and most of September. At the moment, I'm sick of the taste of any alcohol. Restoring my taste-buds for the upcoming Oktoberfest brews.

Question for the hard liquor connoisseurs.. How long do bottles of unopened Tanqueray gin last? It used to be my favorite but then I lost my taste for 100% hard liquor about 12+ years ago. I have a couple of unopened bottles that people gave me as gifts way back then that have been sitting in a box since they were handed to me.

Are they worth passing along or more worth dumping?

If it has been stored inside your home, it will still be good! If it's been in extreme heat then it's probably fine to drink but may not be as good tasting.
  • RubyRed427
    RubyRed427 Posts: 4,163 Member
    edited August 2018
    Options
    WinoGelato wrote: »
    RubyRed427 wrote: »

Awesome! Happy for you!

Love the new user name!

New month, new me...
    xo
  • RubyRed427
    Options
    Today will be day 4 for me. It's been fairly easy so far to resist (weekends are always the hardest for me anyway), but I haven't been sleeping that great. Every single night this week I have woken up around 2 am and just laid there for at least an hour, then dosing off and on until my alarm goes off around 5. It's really annoying me because I haven't planned my normal early morning work outs this week at all because I wanted to catch up on sleep and start fresh with my work outs next week (perhaps not working out is part of the issue too?).

Anyway, I'm sure it'll get better but I'm going to stop by the store after work today and get some benadryl to help me out for a few nights, lol.

I remember a few people saying at first their sleep was not that good. Then after a week or two, it gets better. I always take one Benadryl before bed, because I’m convinced it helps me fall back asleep quicker. Have a great weekend!
  • RubyRed427
    Options
    mobuckl wrote: »
    Day 1 8/2/18

Welcome to our group!
  • SpanishFusion
    SpanishFusion Posts: 261 Member
    Options
    htimpaired wrote: »
    I am in for an AF August. My boyfriend and I are doing a whole30 and no alcohol is a part of that. But even if we weren't I'd be trying to cut down. I notice that I tend to overindulge and of course that leads to poor food choices, a lack of exercise, and feeling horrible the next day. Also recently I had an increase in my medications (I have an anxiety disorder) and I think they definitely impact how alcohol feels for me. So I'm looking forwards to abstinence for awhile.

Welcome! Come back often for inspiration!!