SpanishFusion Posts: 261 Member
    Options
    mobuckl wrote: »
    Day 1 8/2/18

Welcome! Day 1 is an awesome step!
  • snoo61
    snoo61 Posts: 549 Member
    Options
    Today will be day 4 for me. It's been fairly easy so far to resist (weekends are always the hardest for me anyway), but I haven't been sleeping that great. Every single night this week I have woken up around 2 am and just laid there for at least an hour, then dosing off and on until my alarm goes off around 5. It's really annoying me because I haven't planned my normal early morning work outs this week at all because I wanted to catch up on sleep and start fresh with my work outs next week (perhaps not working out is part of the issue too?).

Anyway, I'm sure it'll get better but I'm going to stop by the store after work today and get some benadryl to help me out for a few nights, lol.

Melatonin might work better and its more natural.
  • NovusDies
    NovusDies Posts: 8,940 Member
    edited August 2018
    Options
    Hello everyone :) My laptop is needing to be replaced & trying to type on my 7" tablet is VERY annoying. I've been dragging my heels on replacing my dying laptop because it keeps making a comeback, but I don't think it's going to this time. Usually when I'd be annoyed by something (like AUTOCORRECT :# ) OR someone I'd say, it's "driving me to drink." I need a new saying!!!

It just took me 10 min to type that sentence!!! Mostly correcting the auto correct!!!!!!!

BUT I'm HERE for another month for sure.

Lorraine, I use to have a password for one of my websites that was , "I love wine!". After having that password for about 6 months, I noticed that I was drinking more than average. I had to ditch the password. I am a true believer in the words. The words that you tell yourself can become your reality. ... That just gave me a new thought. My next password should be ... "I just won a million dollars!" Take care!

You should avoid any password that has wine, beer, liquor, sex, or profanity in it anyway. Those are as commonly used as children's and pet's name and meaningful dates.
  • NovusDies
    NovusDies Posts: 8,940 Member
    Options
    snoo61 wrote: »
    Today will be day 4 for me. It's been fairly easy so far to resist (weekends are always the hardest for me anyway), but I haven't been sleeping that great. Every single night this week I have woken up around 2 am and just laid there for at least an hour, then dosing off and on until my alarm goes off around 5. It's really annoying me because I haven't planned my normal early morning work outs this week at all because I wanted to catch up on sleep and start fresh with my work outs next week (perhaps not working out is part of the issue too?).

Anyway, I'm sure it'll get better but I'm going to stop by the store after work today and get some benadryl to help me out for a few nights, lol.

Melatonin might work better and its more natural.

Melatonin works. So does taking magnesium in the evening. Be warned though that some people find that magnesium can have a mild laxative effect the next day.
  • PKM0515
    PKM0515 Posts: 2,937 Member
    Options
    @Orphia, wonderful, wonderful post! Thank you for all that research and effort.
  • Orphia
    Orphia Posts: 7,097 Member
    edited August 2018
    Options
    SaraKim17 wrote: »
    @Orphia, wonderful, wonderful post! Thank you for all that research and effort.

Thanks must go to @NovusDies for compiling it all, to @RubyRed427 , and to all our participants for contributing their insights.

• andysport1
    andysport1 Posts: 592 Member
    Options
    Well done everyone
    This month let’s hear your success stories, whether it’s one day AF or hitting that goal of just two drinks, whatever it is let’s hear it.
  • RubyRed427
    RubyRed427 Posts: 4,163 Member
    Options
    I am in to reduce my consumption. Like others, I indulge daily so there is plenty of room for improvement. I know the benefits of not drinking. Hoping moderation in August will lead to an AF September. So, for now, my August goal will be to limit drinking to Friday and Saturday only. Wish me luck

Best wishes for a great month!
  • salleewins
    salleewins Posts: 2,308 Member
    Options
    Thank you @JenT304 for that video!

Whether it is 5 drinks a week and you can handle it or a ton and you can't, it is still a poison to every cell in your body. I learned this in A & P science from a professor, PhD, who taught the class.
  • lorrainequiche59
    lorrainequiche59 Posts: 900 Member
    Options
    @donimpf Yes there is a way to turn autocorrect off apparently. I don't know how to tho. Any helpful hints from the techies out there? I bought a new laptop today & spent more than I was hoping to, but am excited to get it set up. And YES, I need help with that too...LOL. a friend is helping me this weekend.

@JenT304 that is one scary video. I usually drank more than 5 drinks a week. Sometimes 5 a day!!! Eeeek!!! SO glad I stopped. Howz the intermittent fasting going?
  • lorrainequiche59
    lorrainequiche59 Posts: 900 Member
    Options
    Really loving all the comments. It's hard to keep caught up with y'all ♡●♡●♡