Help! My fridge is overrun with zucchini!

Options
1235»

Replies

• missmacsays
    missmacsays Posts: 681 Member
    Options
    YAYAYAYA. Thanks for all the great ideas friends. I've made baked zucchini and zucchini boats. Here's some recipes I came up with from modified versions. (Basically what I had at home without getting extra groceries! LOL)

Baked Zucchini
    -Slice the zucchini
    -Use 2 egg whites, 1 whole egg, 1 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil to dip the zucchini slices in.
    -Coat with a mix of bread crumbs, italian seasoning and parmesan cheese (optional)
    -Put in the oven at 425 degrees for 20-25 minutes

Soooooo gooooooooood.

Zucchini Boats
    -Slice the zucchini down the middle and core out the meat of it.
    -Sautee whatever veggies you like (zucchini, eggplant, mushrooms, onions, peppers, garlic and olive oil was my pick today)
    -Stuff the veggies in the core of the zucchini
    -Top with cheese or pasta, bake 25 mins at 425 degrees

Both of these were great!! And healthy. Thanks for all the suggestions :D
  • sroderick21
    sroderick21 Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    These are amazing Ideas! I am a Pampered Chef consultant and we just came out with a spiral cutter... Im SOOOO going to try it for Zucchini Pasta!!!! :D
  • _rozamu
    _rozamu Posts: 119 Member
    Options
    Bump for all these AWESOME ideas!
  • hararayne
    hararayne Posts: 261 Member
    Options
    I gotta share this.

2 years ago I was working in West Hope, ND. It is a great town with great people, population 429.

One day I made a comment on everyone leaving their cars unlocked and often left running in the middle of down town while the owners took care of business. The person told me the only time they locked their cars was during gardening season. "Gardening season, why only then?", I asked. The person replied, "cuz if your friends find your car unlocked they fill it with zucchini! LOL

THIS is AWESOME! LOVE IT!
  • ilovelucy711
    ilovelucy711 Posts: 381 Member
    Options
    One of my favorite ways to eat zucchini is with silvered almonds and parm. cheese. Grate the zucchini and sauté in a little bit of butter, add silvered almonds and parm cheese and some pepper. So good!
  • sharonfoustmills
    sharonfoustmills Posts: 519 Member
    Options
    If you can't fashion zucchini boats, slice them into 1/2" thick rounds. Hollow out the seeded part, put them it on parchment paper and put mozzarella cheese inside, spoon some pizza sauce in, sprinkle a little more cheese and some oregano on the top and pop them in the oven until melty at 350 for pizzucchini.

wow! that sounds yummy :tongue:
  • chubby_checkers
    chubby_checkers Posts: 2,354 Member
    Options
    http://www.fitnessmagazine.com/recipe/chicken/roasted-chicken-thighs-with-zucchini-and-feta/ One of my favorites

Zucchini, onions, and tomatoes sauteed in olive oil with garlic, salt, and pepper = absolutely delicious.