joannedrummond5 Posts: 229 Member
    Options
    August 1 - 20 km run
    August 2 - 9 km run
    August 3 - rest day
    August 4 - 16 km Harriers trail run/9 km water girl for football
    August 5 - 15 km Harriers trail run

Total distance 69 km - goal 350 km

Thanks @Shanaber it was hard going with the gusts of wind at least I got blown home by the tailwind :smile:
  • skippygirlsmom
    skippygirlsmom Posts: 4,433 Member
    Options
    @garygse thanks. As much as I hated it, I loved it. I need to work on my hills and I know that. Part of the issue is believe it or not my ribs still hurt. If I’m breathing hard and my heart rate is high it hurts. I really love running them though.
  • PastorVincent
    PastorVincent Posts: 6,668 Member
    Options
    @ MegaMoose great run report!
  • PastorVincent
    PastorVincent Posts: 6,668 Member
    Options
    Elise4270 wrote: »
    @PastorVincent i think i started watching my macros out of the atkins movement in the mid 90's. Then more so recently due to food intolerances. I suspect I should be doing the FODMAPS thing. But it looked like to much to remember so i abandoned it, and just started a mental no-no list.

I'm entertaining a genetic test fo food but am sure my results will be "duh, i already knew that". Anyone do the test?

First... best I can tell... the genetic food test is bunk. So skip it. :) IMO, YMMV, and IANAD and all that. :)

Also, I lost my first 50 pounds doing Atkins. There are lots of copycats now that have overly complicated it (including his successors that own the diet now), but I really think he got all the basics right - back in what the 70s? when it first came out.

• Elise4270
    Elise4270 Posts: 8,375 Member
    Options
    Elise4270 wrote: »
    @PastorVincent i think i started watching my macros out of the atkins movement in the mid 90's. Then more so recently due to food intolerances. I suspect I should be doing the FODMAPS thing. But it looked like to much to remember so i abandoned it, and just started a mental no-no list.

I'm entertaining a genetic test fo food but am sure my results will be "duh, i already knew that". Anyone do the test?

First... best I can tell... the genetic food test is bunk. So skip it. :) IMO, YMMV, and IANAD and all that. :)

Also, I lost my first 50 pounds doing Atkins. There are lots of copycats now that have overly complicated it (including his successors that own the diet now), but I really think he got all the basics right - back in what the 70s? when it first came out.

Yes 70's. There are a lot of copy cat diets and ones not so dissimilar. Thanks for gene testing info ;)
  • LaDispute57
    LaDispute57 Posts: 371 Member
    Options
    Because I run either trails or country roads, I do not use any headphones or ear buds... I actually prefer the sounds of the outdoors and the steady slap of my shoes... If I get engrossed in my music on the trails and zone out a tiny bit I will end up taking a dig... And when I am country road running I need to hear loose dogs and rednecks in pickup trucks who think they are at Talladega....
  • rheddmobile
    rheddmobile Posts: 6,840 Member
    Options
    So this is all self diagnosed, but as a former LMT, (& nurses aide) I think I have a pretty good idea of what is physically going on. True, I'm not a doctor or NP, but I when I read through different sources, go back to my old books & such, I think I'm a least in the right ball park anyways.

After my run yesterday, I felt a nice, sharp pain in my right hip. Did not go away throughout the day or evening, and is still with me today. When I move, do self manipulations or stretches I am oh so aware that it is inflamed. Ya, I think I've got a case of acute hip bursitis. Dang it.

Its all my fault, I've not been as stringent - ok, I've not stretched out after my runs this past week or so, and I've ignored my body's signals to take time, stretch &/or yoga it out. But with my monthly goal set higher (I know, "injuries" come 1st) because I have that "Revenge" 5K in a few weeks, just how long should I take off running to let it get better?

I am on a rest day today, plan was to run tomorrow & Tuesday, rest Wed. (run 2 days, rest 1 routine) Now thinking plan is just doing Yoga tomorrow & seeing how it goes for Tuesday, either yoga, swim or run if I feel up to it, rest Wed, then back running on Thur? Or is that pushing it?

Hips are complicated! When mine hurts it's usually IT band, and when my husband's hurts it's usually piriformis. Do you like your shoes?

I usually find running with mild hip aches is fine for me and even improves it, but it depends very much on what the problem is. Sharp pain sounds bad. It won't hurt you to get a few more days of rest.
  • dreamer12151
    dreamer12151 Posts: 1,031 Member
    edited August 2018
    Options
    Macros: I have MFP set to 80/10/10 (carbs/fat/prot), and I aim for that, but usually somewhere in the 70/20/10 areas. I'm trying not to stress myself out too much, and allow myself to get into a groove with myself, if that makes sense?

When I 1st started on MFP, I was losing weight left & right. Then, I had LOTS of stressors in my life, my eating got sloppy & I gained. So I changed things around, still gained, went fully plant based & still gained, saw a nutritionist still gained. She had me on a low carb (60g), high prot (110g) gluten free vegan plan - talk about stressing myself out! (no reason for me to BE on a GF diet, either!) So I started re-evaluating things, this is my life, after all. Have to be able to eat, not stress! So now I'm on a more plant based (will still occ eat cheese, I'm a Wisconsinite after all!) higher carb, lower fat & it seems to be working for me. Finally losing again & feeling better.
  • RunnerGrl1982
    RunnerGrl1982 Posts: 412 Member
    Options
    mkaypaige wrote: »
    Hello everyone! I am starting back up on MFP and new to this group! I love how involved everyone is and I think that even though I haven't ran in a while, I walk a couple of miles a day, this would be a great group for me to be a part of to start my running journey.
    Since my fiance and I just bought a house, I'm starting late, and I am new I am going to set a goal of 25 miles.
    Hopefully I am able to do more than that. After reading through the posts I think you guys will be motivation enough for me to beat this goal!

Hello! Welcome back! Nice goal!! I'm pretty new this is group still, and they are a lovely bunch. :) I have no doubts you will enjoy yourself immensely here.