WOMEN AGES 50+ FOR AUGUST 2018

Replies

• skuehn48
    skuehn48 Posts: 2,807 Member
    <3
  • Machka9
    Machka9 Posts: 24,792 Member
    Thanks Wendy! I think mine are probably the same as a lot of you ladies.

1. Eat foods I enjoy within my calorie allotment
    2. Break a sweat every day - preferably for 30+ minutes (most days it is 60 min)
    3. Weigh and log all my food and drinks, every day, whether above or below my calorie goal. Weigh and log my weight twice a week up or down. Compare the two if my weight was up to understand why.

Okie.

That's pretty much what works for me. :) Only I weigh myself every day to help understand my fluctuations.

You look great!!

Machka in Oz
  • exermom
    exermom Posts: 6,326 Member
    Did the Firm Max Cardio DVD today. The plan for tomorrow is to do Debbie Siebers Keep It Up DVD (another new one)

Katie – I’m so glad your son finally woke up. I’m sure that’s such a relief for you. You should be very proud

Jess left to go to the DMV. I understand there are long lines because now because people have to apply for a certain type of license in order to fly starting in 2020. Plus, they say they usually are busier in the summertime. Update: she said the line wasn't bad

Margaret – regarding losing weight fast releasing toxins, wonder what happens to people who have WLS? Perhaps these are minuscule toxins. But without the WLS, some people would be very bad off, so I guess it’s a tradeoff.

Heather – is that REALLY you?????? Wowza!!

Well, we got a new member for Newcomers so I emailed the webmaster telling him that I no longer have admin privileges and cc’d the president and another gal who is interested in getting new members on the website asap. Then I find out that the old membership application was on the website. It looks like he now has the new application on the website, but how many people used the old one? I hope not many. At this point, with all these problems and the president is just sticking her head in the sand, I really don’t have any desire to continue in membership. A while ago Vince couldn’t get into the website. Now the webmaster was very good and responded to Vince quickly. Vince tried what he suggested but still couldn’t get in. Then he was told to try something else and then could get in. But, really, this shouldn’t have happened. Vince mentioned how he couldn’t see the member’s interests and found out that this was custom code that the old webmaster did (the one who died) and the new webmaster can’t fix it. The president didn’t feel that many members used this feature. Well, just today I had a member mention to me that they couldn’t see this information. Now here is a member who would like to use this feature but can’t. Vince suggested using an outside firm to get this feature back, but nothing’s been done. Update: not sure who put up the correct application, but he emailed me saying that he'd take care of it (the application) when he got back from vacation. Have no idea how long he'll be gone. I just hope my admin privileges aren't custom code. Guess we shall see.....

Rebecca – many times Vince and I don’t eat the same thing. Like tonight, he had this pizza bake thing that I made and I had soup and shirataki noodles. Vince likes thins PLAIN, I like some spice. So I make it with the spice and let him scrape it off. Yes, like a 2-year-old

Sharon – welcome! Come back lots

Okie – another wowza!!!!

Barbie – so glad the MRI went well

Michele in NC
  • janetr7476
    janetr7476 Posts: 4,001 Member
    edited August 2018
    trucker743 wrote: »
    I am in Washington State also, east of Seattle near the foothills of the Cascades. Thankfully the worst of the smoke is gone today. We have clouds instead! 😪

Trucker, I'm 68. I had by-pass surgery five years ago this coming December. You are so right, it does require a lot of changes in your eating. I lost 125# had both knees replaced after that and it's been a whole new lease on life. I'd do it over again in a heartbeat.

Hang in there, find a good support group. You CAN do it.

Janetr OKC
  • LisaInAR
    LisaInAR Posts: 2,020 Member
    Better day today. But long.

Love y'all,
    Lisa from Arkansas, in New Mexico, heading for Texas on Monday. For a couple days.
  • klanders30
    klanders30 Posts: 2,569 Member
    <3<3<3<3<3<3<3<3

NYKAREN
  • spikeyhair
    spikeyhair Posts: 2,078 Member
    Kate UK <3
  • Machka9
    We didn't do a whole lot last weekend because I was feeling under the weather.

During the week we walked.

But this weekend, we started to get active again ...

Saturday -- The day was supposed to be rather miserable, but the afternoon turned out to be quite nice so we went to the beach. My husband walked. I ran then walked.

Run
    Distance: 2.32km
    Elevation: 17m
    Moving Time: 17:32
    Elapsed Time: 18:08
    Pace: 7:33/km

Walk
    Distance: 0.91km
    Elevation: 5m
    Moving Time: 14:10
    Elapsed Time: 14:10
    Pace: 15:27/km

My husband's Walk
    Distance: 1.7 km

Then my husband rode 1 lap and I rode 2 laps of Innsbruck on Zwift.

2 Laps of Innsbruck
    Distance: 18.33km
    Elevation: 155m
    Moving Time: 44:22
    Elapsed Time: 44:22

............................ Avg .............. Max
    Speed .................... 24.8km/h ........ 57.2km/h
    Heart Rate .............. 137bpm .......... 154bpm
    Cadence ................. 78 .................. 112
    Power .................... 100W ............. 192W

Machka in Oz
  • okiewoman510
    okiewoman510 Posts: 1,286 Member
    Machka9 wrote: »
    Thanks Wendy! I think mine are probably the same as a lot of you ladies.

1. Eat foods I enjoy within my calorie allotment
    2. Break a sweat every day - preferably for 30+ minutes (most days it is 60 min)
    3. Weigh and log all my food and drinks, every day, whether above or below my calorie goal. Weigh and log my weight twice a week up or down. Compare the two if my weight was up to understand why.

Okie.

That's pretty much what works for me. :) Only I weigh myself every day to help understand my fluctuations.

You look great!!

Machka in Oz

Machka - I weigh myself every day now for the same reason. While I was trying to lose I found the bumps up too disheartening to my mental health so only weighed twice a week. Thanks for your kind words!

Okie
  • grandmallie
    grandmallie Posts: 9,674 Member
    Morning Ladies~
    I am up showered and dressed for work, and walked Alfie.. working until 1 and then coming home walking Alfie and have to go to memorial pot luck.. the service is while I am at work,so will have to go after I get home and walk Alfie,hate having to leave Alfie here, but no dogs aloud.. but will spend the evening with him..
    I have been off the wall eating and have never been as high in weight as I am now..gotta get everything in control..
  • okiewoman510
    Michelle - Thanks!

Janet and DrKatie - great work!!

Okie
  • okiewoman510
    Kylia I hope the heads better. Migraines suck!!

Okie
  • kymarai
    kymarai Posts: 3,598 Member
    All Caught up! Love the pictures. I have lots to share and pictures to post but work is calling first!

<3
    kylia
  • Machka9
    In case you wondered ...

How Does Fat Leave the Body?
    Have you ever wondered where fat goes when you lose it?
    https://www.verywellfit.com/how-does-fat-leave-the-body-4165132

M in Oz
  • margaretturk
    margaretturk Posts: 5,040 Member
    M thanks for that info. It was very interesting. It makes me think how does your body rid itself of pesticides and heavy metals. Chelation therapy I know is one for the heavy metals, but what about pesticides?

I didn't realize how important respiration is in weight loss.

:heart: Margaret