WOMEN AGES 50+ FOR AUGUST 2018

Replies

• bevsteg
    bevsteg Posts: 29 Member
    bevsteg wrote: »
    @coastalgosgal How old is your Lego loving son? Mine is 16 and also loves Lego although is more into star wars and stuff. Definitely not crazy!

It is hard when you just 'want' that food!

My son is 29! He's been in the Navy for 10 years, and has committed to 6 more. Then he has only 2 more years to fulfill his 20 years.👍 He's my gentle giant, and will be that uncle EVERYONE wants to visit!
    More pics you can share with 16 yr old!
    90ugrpccnokw.jpeg
    4f624wdvwbxe.jpg
    cownjsjy21g1.jpeg
    My son is into Star Wars ones too.
    💗Rebecca

Oh WOW Rebecca, That will definitely make him envious. He is constantly looking on eBay to buy more models to create. At only 16 my boy is my gentle giant too. He is 6'1" and is a big boy with his father's muscular frame. He is my muscles and helps me out so much but at the same time can't even move a dead mouse brought in by the cat :)
  • KetoneKaren
    KetoneKaren Posts: 6,411 Member
    edited August 2018
    Wendy Agree with what others have said, short factual answers without embellishment and ask for a question to be repeated if you need to. And keep Esmerelda in your pocket for courage.

Rebecca Not sure the Pork your son is looking at online is any different than Hustler or Playboy stashed under the mattress. He's 20. It's normal.

Karen in VIrginia

While what you described sounds normal, what he is doing is paying actual money on a online viewing ladies in real time issue. Tipping them with money and they do things. At this time, he would not be able to afford a ticket to come see us at Christmas time.
    Rebecca

Rebecca

Oh my...okay, so not the same as Hustler or Playboy stashed under the mattress...gosh, the internet is such a siren song. :s:s:s Sorry.

Karen in Virginia
  • auntiebk
    auntiebk Posts: 2,483 Member
    Barbie pulling weeds doesn't sound like a good thing for your back injury? Sure hope Wednesday's appointment brings a plan for lasting relief.
    Beth Likewise hoping all goes well Wednesday.
    Wishing rest to Lisa, Allie, Machka and everyone who's exhausted, and comfort to Meg, Terry, Okie, Heather and everyone who's hurting or feeling sad or low.

Welcome bevsteg, let us know what you want to be called and roughly where youare.

Missing my motivation. Only meditated and did knee exercises once in the past eleven days, hmm, could be that's it.

Lighter, lovelies!
    f8qt1s098sxm.gifBarbara, the Southern Oregon Coastie AHMOD.
    60 g protein 19/20, meditate 8/20, walk one more step 8/20, knee exercises 8/20, core 5/12, walk Tumble 10/12 times, SWSY 0/6, hang up or purge art 0/1, AF 14/20
  • cityjaneLondon
    cityjaneLondon Posts: 12,194 Member
    Katla - I'm so excited for you! <3 I expect you will be exhausted by the time they leave!!!! Enjoy, enjoy!

I have yoga this morning after a two week break. I normally take the car as I have so much stuff to carry, so DH will have to shoulder his rucksack and walk down to the hall to pick up the car for cricket about half an hour later. I will ask a friend for a lift home.
    This evening we are going out for dinner with his cricket friend and his wife. They usually stay at the hotel at the ground for the match (over four days), so we often are able to take a trip out with them to our other local pub. This one is further away, but they are driving. :D Yesterday the main road through the village was shut, for some reason, so I hope they have re opened it today! Caused chaos.
    It'll be nice, after mouldering away at home for the past three days, to get some face on and be sociable. I can get very down if I spend too much time isolated. I love alone time, but three days is a lot.

Love you ladies, Heather UK xxxxxxx
  • bevsteg
    bevsteg Posts: 29 Member
    ps. I'm Bev
  • Machka9
    Machka9 Posts: 24,831 Member
    bevsteg wrote: »
    Hi Barbara and thank you for the welcome.
    I live in Australia, yeah I know, the other side of the world. South east coast of NSW (Sapphire Coast) with beautiful beaches at my front door and native forests at my back door.

This side of the world ... just a bit north of me.

Machka in Oz

• grandmallie
    grandmallie Posts: 9,684 Member
    morning ladies,
    I am up and staggering... wow I took tylenol and meletonin.. and today I put compression socks on, being 8 hours on my feet . going to stop at the market and pick something up for lunch ,and some fruit... and baby carrots for my boy..I can't wait for this week to be done.. I am to old and out of shape to be running around on a cement floor for 8 hrs a day..
    I know I know I have to get back to exercising ,and eating right.. I want to live a long healthy life and need to get a move on...
  • spikeyhair
    spikeyhair Posts: 2,078 Member
    Kate UK <3
  • KJLaMore
    KJLaMore Posts: 2,828 Member
    Buon giorno, Signore! Good morning ladies! Welcome to Italia! Today we study Italy; I will have to make sure I make only enough pasta for the kids. I can have a very small amount (as I buy only whole grain or gluten free pasta), but pasta is one of my trigger foods. So...I will try to get the kids to eat it all.
    Rebecca and Bev- I also have a lego maniac. My DYS is 24 and still occasionally buys himself lego sets. He has the majority of the Star Wars sets, some of them from years ago when the second trilogy came out. He would probably buy more if Lego had the rights to the Marvel characters/ships. For him, I think the legos are more of a meditative and comforting thing. He tends to get them out when he is stressed. My DOS who is 31 has even come over and if DYS is putting together legos, he will also have a seat and begin. I used to think it weird; but there are worse habits to have!
    Bev- You are not alone, down under! Our Machka is near you and Wendy (Wildhorsewendy) is in NZ! We have ladies on this thread from a few different countries and areas of the world. England, Ireland, U.S.A., Canada, Australia, New Zeeland, Svalbard...the list goes on. It sounds as if you have been through some battles and I just have to say; it seem to have made you a strong woman! Congrats on the "just saying NO"! You are an inspiring lady and it is a pleasure having you here!
    Marilyn NC- Welcome! You have joined just by visiting and posting! Remember to bookmark the page so you can find it easier. Chime in when you feel the need! Please tell us a little about your journey. Be as specific as you feel comfortable.
    Heather- So glad you were able to get out with your DH and de-stress at the pub and now out to meet some friends! Sometimes it is what we need, not necessarily what we are comfortable doing (speaking of your DH, more than you). It is easier to hole up at home when we are stressed or depressed. Getting out can be great medicine! How long until your next cruise?

Well, I better fly! Kids arriving soon! Love and hugs to all of you! These last couple of weeks of summer are leaving me with not much time to chat! ttfn xoxoxo KJ (Kelly)
  • kymarai
    kymarai Posts: 3,603 Member
    Good Morning! I believe it is Tuesday......
    Yesterday was a mixed up day. I was super aware of people's attitudes and their effect on mine. I need to work on not allowing that. It was a mixed day. Not productive at work as fairly busy with walk in traffic. Less than two weeks until vacation and need to catch up before then. Grandfather clock seems to be working now-Yay!!!! And repair guy didn't charge for second trip out! That was a plus! The hot tub repair....not so good. The guy told us it was internal plumbing leak.....$150 later.......still not fixed as has to go into a repair place to the tune of a couple thousand dollars!!!!! It isn't even 6 years old yet! When we bought it, I was expecting 15 years or more of service, not less than six. This wasn't a cheap spa. I then did something I have never done before....I wrote the parent company. I let then know we were not satisfied with their product. It had a 5 year no leak warranty, yet starts leaking in summer, 6 months out of warranty, and we were told to just trade it in. I told them that at this rate, I would never buy another of their products. I asked what they were willing to do to change my mind. I love my hot tub, but $1000 a year plus chemicals, is a big investment. I am waiting on their reply now. We will wait and see.....

DH has been so impatient lately. Everything is NOW! Really?!? Hoping he is a little better off today, as I told him last night to quit being so &^%^ impatient!

Love the pictures! God provides the best skies!

Welcome to the new ladies! This is a talkative bunch. Read often, comment when want, but don't feel you have to keep up with everyone! That will drive you crazy-LOL!!!!

Michele in NC- I really have no clue how many trophies....This last one was more principal, than surprised. There weren't that many nice cars there....lots didn't even take the time to clean up! I know that my T-bird has only won one trophy, but she has only been to one car show-lol! At that one the Shelby got 3rd in its class. ;)

Well, either my scale is broke, or my body is. I get that my eating has sucked lately, but still under calories....the scale has said the same thing for over a week! Need to figure that one out!

(((Hugs)))
    Laughter!
    Decisions!
    High fives!

Heading to work in Ohio
    <3
    Kylia
  • okiewoman510
    okiewoman510 Posts: 1,286 Member
    Bev - DOS is dear older (oldest) son. DYS is dear younger (youngest) son.

Okie
  • SophieRosieMom
    SophieRosieMom Posts: 3,326 Member
    edited August 2018
    Happy Tuesday!

Machka - wonderful grad photo. Again, job well done!! I think it takes a special person to go back to school in her adulthood.... and here you are going on from here. <3

Kylia - good for you getting after the hot tub company. We've had so many things, appliances mainly, break down right after the warranty expires. No wonder the landfills are full. Hope you have a good day and keep thinking about that upcoming vacation!!

Kelly - I want to be one of your kids this week. I never have mastered chopsticks so could have learned it at your house yesterday. I have mastered pasta though, lol. Will you have fewer kids when school starts?

Wendy
    - so glad the trial went well. Nice there were other witnesses there you could visit with. Interesting to see the judicial system in action, isn't it? I used to think I'd like to be on jury duty, but I can't sit still very long. Now if they had recliners, I'd be first in line.

Karen in VA - my heart started to race when I read about your partner's ordeal with the unprofessional interim supervisor. I've been "counseled" like that a couple times and it's very unsettling. Good for her writing the rebuttal and laying down ground rules from here on out. The only thing I might add is please give instructions IN WRITING - not to make it odious on the supervisor, but to make sure everyone is clear on the task. Supervising is a hard job and very few are really cut out for it and it sounds like this is a prime example. Why is this supervisor "interim" - filling in for someone on leave, or filling in until a permanent one can be hired (so perhaps this gal is in the running?? Hope not unless she wises up!)

Bev - welcome from down under! Other newbies - jump in and tell us more about yourselves. This is a great group.

Here it is only 5:30 am and the outside air is already at the "unhealthy" level. I'd prefer to stay home this morning but have allergy shots and our cleaner is coming plus need a few things from the grocery. The hazy smoke doesn't just smell like burning wood - I think I can detect some "chemical" smell... so there's other air pollution, perhaps burnt homes and factories that are contributing to this.

However, I'm grateful that unless the weatherman messes up the prediction, we only have today and tomorrow to deal with this and the smoke keeps the temperature down a few degrees.... which is forecast to be in the low 90's for a couple days. Low 70's on Thursday and maybe a few spits of rain? Hope there are enough spits to extinguish this stuff all along the west coast.

That's it for now. Have a good day everyone!

Lanette
    Smokey SW WA State
  • margaretturk
    margaretturk Posts: 5,045 Member
    edited August 2018
    Beth prayers!

Bev and Marilyn welcome!

Our air quality is affected by the Canadian wildfires. We did finally get some rain after a two week drought. It is hit and miss here in Minnesota.

I've made it three months on my diet plan. Down 18 and holding steady for a couple of weeks now. I do think wearing the rose colored glasses (no pun intended )is helping with sleep. After 7 I wear them while on the computer or watching T.V. I find by 10 I am ready to go to sleep before the glasses it was 11. As I get ready for bed I keep the lights low too!

Karen sorry for your partner that it has come to such measures. It makes work uncomfortable, but she is right to protect herself.

:heart: Margaret