WOMEN AGES 50+ FOR AUGUST 2018

Options

Replies

• pipcd34
    pipcd34 Posts: 16,560 Member
    Options
    stats for the day:

treadmill jog- 31.51min, 142ahr, 163mhr, 5.5 to 6.2sp, 10.15min mi, 5k= 351c
    Apple Watch- didn't record
    other- standing leg lift to waist and legs knee 3.20min, 133mhr,3sts of 10ea=42c
    Apple Watch- 36c
    other- arm/chin up assist machine- 3.24min, 2sets of 10ea w/70#assist, 1st of 10 w/55#assist, 147mhr,= 76c
    Apple Watch- didn't record
    wax suburban and help wash airstream- 1hr 45min, 121mhr= 456c
    Apple Watch- 495c

total cal 905
  • okiewoman510
    okiewoman510 Posts: 1,288 Member
    Options
    Wendy - Funny you should mention lentils. I cooked up a big batch for the first time today and portioned out 1/2 for this week to add to my veggie egg white scrambles in the evening and froze the other half. Good luck in court, you'll be a star witness I'm sure.

Rye - Hang in there. You can make it through one more evening! Hugs!

Okie
  • coastalgosgal
    coastalgosgal Posts: 2,900 Member
    Options
    Thanks again ladies! 💗
    Rebecca
  • coastalgosgal
    coastalgosgal Posts: 2,900 Member
    edited August 2018
    Options

• Katla49
    Katla49 Posts: 10,385 Member
    Options
    Heather: If decluttering can be contagious, I could use some. :wink:

Rebecca: I think your son's apparent problem with unsavory sites is a common thing with young males & it would be good for your DH to handle this one. Moms can be the world's most embarrassing person in the eyes of a young man, especially in this arena. Why don't you ask your DH what he thinks? :huh:

Janetr: Congratulations on 1,000 days of logging! :star::heart: :star:

Wendy: I suspect you will be an excellent witness. :flowerforyou:

I had a riding lesson today and wound up with a sore backside. I didn't adjust the stirrups to my good spot and I am paying the price. It was a good lesson in horsemanship and also making sure the saddle is adjusted when I start. :embarassed:

The air was not very good this morning due to smoke in the air. As the day went on, our air quality improved. I hope we're in for more good days.

Katla in Beautiful NW Oregon
  • wildhorsewendy
    wildhorsewendy Posts: 563 Member
    Options
    I am not at my best when public speaking! LOL. I am a writer, not a speaker and certainly not when I am under pressure and out of my comfort zone. I suspect I will burst into tears! I will bring a hankie for sure. I am very reluctant to do this and it is only threat of arrest (contempt of court? failure to appear?) that compels me to do this against my wishes. For sure, I will never be talking to any police anymore about anything I witness! I do my very best to avoid doing anything wrong, to avoid the legal system, to avoid cops, to avoid bringing unwelcome attention upon myself. But, God knows why, I must do this, so I am not going to complain but make the best of it and maybe one day, I can use it in one of my story scenes! <3 Wendy
  • pipcd34
    Options
    Ppp
  • exermom
    exermom Posts: 6,351 Member
    Options
    Did a 10 Minute Solution DVD. The plan for tomorrow is to do some hula hoop, hold my plank, then take the extremepump class.

Beth – it’s certainly a good thing you were home for your son!

Carol in GA – feel better fast!

Katla – I am SOOOO looking forward to getting free vet care.

Ran to Lowes Foods to get Vince some cookies then to Publix so I could exchange the beer I got for beer butt chicken. Vince doesn’t like an IPA – who knew???? I got it because it was on clearance.

Put up some of the screen on the deck. We got 4 panels today. Another day we’ll do at least 2 more and if we have enough screen 3. Remember, the cat put holes in it? I have a feeling Vince will go to Lowes tonight and get a white rubber mallet. When he bangs on the vinyl pieces between the windows with the black mallet, it makes marks.

Rebecca – Your son probably doesn’t think that there are any repercussions. Be sure to tell him that it’s natural to want to go to those sites, but also that actions have consequences. If he were younger, I would say to let it be. But he’s an adult. Talk to him

Made a pork roast the other day and then some turkey meatloafs to have later in the week. Then made a cream cheese chocolate cake since I had some cream cheese I needed to use up. Shhh…don’t tell Vince there’s cream cheese in it or he won’t eat it. Just realized that I need something to take to Rummikub Tuesday so I hurried up and made some sausage cheese balls.

Michele in NC
    Whose eyes are really burning right now so she can barely see anything.
  • SophieRosieMom
    SophieRosieMom Posts: 3,351 Member
    Options
    I am not at my best when public speaking! LOL. I am a writer, not a speaker and certainly not when I am under pressure and out of my comfort zone. I suspect I will burst into tears! I will bring a hankie for sure. I am very reluctant to do this and it is only threat of arrest (contempt of court? failure to appear?) that compels me to do this against my wishes. For sure, I will never be talking to any police anymore about anything I witness! I do my very best to avoid doing anything wrong, to avoid the legal system, to avoid cops, to avoid bringing unwelcome attention upon myself. But, God knows why, I must do this, so I am not going to complain but make the best of it and maybe one day, I can use it in one of my story scenes! <3 Wendy

Wendy
    - you will do fine. I bet you'll just have to answer questions from attorney prompts. Just talk to the attorneys or judge and answer the questions like you were alone in the room with them and don't worry about anyone else. They'll all be charmed by you anyhow! They'll wonder how they got so lucky to have an adorable supermodel on the witness stand. <3<3 If they grind on for hours tell them you have a supermodel photo shoot with your horse at the beach so they'd better wrap it up if they know what's good for them.

Katla - I have a personal question.... you said you have a sore backside from your riding lesson today. Are you talking about your "sitting bones"? I discovered we have tendons that attach leg muscles there on the bottom of the pelvis that can get inflamed. I was notorious for perching on the hard edge of a bar stool (not in a bar, but at home here in my kitchen you sillies) for probably hours at a time looking at stuff on this laptop. OUCH. I quit that and now stand as much as I can which is helping. So wondering if something like that could re-injure those parts. Hope you are now sitting on a comfy pillow with your feet up and all your parts are feeling great!!

Rebecca - hope you are feeling better about your DH's Pork problem, lol. I hate it that all of this garbage is so available now thanks to the internet which is a blessing and a curse. When we were kids the only thing around for young men Pork wise was stealing Uncle Albert's old Hustler magazines which he'd keep stashed under the front seat of his Studebaker. And imagination was much more explicit than pictures of the act - how much of that can a person see and not just get bored?

Don't answer this ladies! It's a rhetorical question. o:)>:)

Rye - I don't blame you for avoiding the kitchen and keeping your camera busy is a great reason to not participate in activities you don't wish to. Here is something weird. I eat meat of course but HATE cooking it with grease coating it/caked cooled grease on top of broth or on refrigerated beef/grease spatters on stove, in oven, in microwave, etc. Maybe it's really just hate of cleaning up the kitchen. Don't mind eating some delicious bacon but I go through a roll of paper towels so wonder if its worth it.

Been following a sad story on one of the Facebook Schnauzer sites. A lady took her dog Chloe to the vet's for a checkup, was sitting in the waiting room holding it and all of a sudden a gigantic great dane came bounding out of an exam room out of the owner's control and attacked her little schnauzer. Many bites including biting the lady. The vet didn't do diddly, just told her to take it to an emergency vet! And told the great dane owner he was responsible for this. :'(

The poor lady is beside herself, the ER vet is charging $800 a day which the lady doesn't have. Dog had surgery and needs more, now has infection in kidneys. Bill so far running over $4000. Vet refuses to take any responsibility and refused to give contact info of Great Dane owner.

What a mess. Lawsuit time. When I had Rosie at the vet's the other day, I sat and held her of course. Large Rottweiler was standing close to us... owner let go of the leash and she came over and sniffed. Made me a little uneasy even tho the owner assured me the Rottie was very gentle. Thankfully one of the office gals immediately ushered us into an exam room and I wonder if that's why. I noticed the Rottie was put into the "euthanasia room" at that time - the owner didn't seem upset so maybe it was just a precaution to separate her from those of us with little dogs.

Scary to say the least.

It's smoky here this afternoon but not as irritating as I thought it would be, thankfully.

Have a great week ahead!

Lanette
    SW WA State
  • Katla49
    Katla49 Posts: 10,385 Member
    Options
    Michele: You must be very proud of your daughter. Congratulations!!! I watch veternarian shows on TV frequently and love what I learn from watching.
    :heart: :flowerforyou: :heart:
  • bwcetc
    bwcetc Posts: 2,754 Member
    Options
    klanders30 wrote: »
    Yes, the cool bike sculpture is on the Rhodes university campus in so Africa—very unique and cool- the minute I saw it i thought of Machka!

My mistake! :) I never thought of needing jackets in S. Africa!
  • okiewoman510
    okiewoman510 Posts: 1,288 Member
    Options
    Oh Rebecca! One of my favorites! Cream cheese frosting is good too!! Kudos to you if you don’t cave!

Okie in the TX Hill Country
  • wildhorsewendy
    wildhorsewendy Posts: 563 Member
    Options
    LOL, Lanette, I wish you were the judge! You have just cheered me up no end and maybe when I burst into tears (from stress) I will think of you and swallow, swallow, swallow...and start laughing instead...
  • pipcd34
    Options
  • skuehn48
    skuehn48 Posts: 2,831 Member
    Options
    :)
  • barbiecat
    barbiecat Posts: 16,931 Member
    Options
    :) I'm here, reading everything but don't have anything to add. Same old pain. Not so bad with pain meds but not good, either.

<3 Barbie
  • SophieRosieMom
    SophieRosieMom Posts: 3,351 Member
    Options
    LOL, Lanette, I wish you were the judge! You have just cheered me up no end and maybe when I burst into tears (from stress) I will think of you and swallow, swallow, swallow...and start laughing instead...

Wendy - it's hard NOT to laugh at some of them, and sometimes the attorneys get tongue-tied. If you get nervous or don't understand something, just ask them to repeat. They'll understand and help you. Both sides want you to tell the truth, or they'd better. If they get out of line the judge will get after them.

And if they ask you something and you don't know, just say that. I've been on the witness stand dozens of times presenting evidence in court - 911 tapes. Seems the more I rambled on and tried to "help" the more stressful it was for me, and I discovered they just wanted a couple sentence answer. So give them what is comfortable for you and if they want more they will ask. It will give you a chance to catch your breath and collect your thoughts.

Oh - don't drink liquids several hours before you are due to go on so you don't get nervous bladder, lol. Sometimes they say you'll be called to the witness stand at such and such a time and you sit there then they have to take a recess for some reason! And sometimes the bathroom isn't close.

Good luck!

Lanette