WOMEN AGES 50+ FOR AUGUST 2018

Options

Replies

• kevrit
    kevrit Posts: 3,822 Member
    Options
    Machka9 wrote: »
    Rita will have to answer the question, "What is a hosting job" herself, but from my experience many campgrounds have campground hosts who are usually couples, or even several couples for larger campgrounds, who welcome guests, tell guests about the facilities, attractions, etc., and generally monitor things so that everyone has a pleasant and peaceful stay.

In exchange, I think they either get reduced camping rates, or don't pay anything at all.

Machka in Oz

Machka and HOSTING this is exactly correct. In New Mexico we get free camping, with full hookups. There is another couple here for the rest of this week, then we take over by ourselves after Labor Day weekend.

RV Rita

Ps. Pics to come. Been busy!
  • Katla49
    Katla49 Posts: 10,385 Member
    Options
    Heather: I’m keeping your real estate deal and move in my very best thoughts. :heart:

Karen: What a lovely girl. Redheads are often extremely smart. Get ready. . . :wink: :star: PS Many US Presidents had red hair including George Washington and Thomas Jefferson. I’m having trouble getting a complete list at this time. Maybe your Olivia will be the first red haired woman President. :bigsmile: :heart:

My son, DDIL and grandson are here. Yesterday we went to Cannon Beach and had a wonderful time. Today we’re at home, and his best friend from grade school will be here with his family. They plan to take the sail boat out for a sail. The sails themselves are in very poor condition, but everything else is ship shape. My guess is that they’ll end up motoring.

Katla in Beautiful NW Oregon
  • KJLaMore
    KJLaMore Posts: 2,828 Member
    Options
    Gorgeous Olivia! Karen VA had Olivia and that means Janet's little blondie is Mia! <3 Sorry I got the names mixed up!
  • Vickil57
    Vickil57 Posts: 1,784 Member
    Options
    B) I am caught up again for now. Time is just flying by.
    Rita-- DH and I have talked about doing the camp host for a couple months each summer. Be a way to see the USA.
    Blessings, Vicki GI NE
  • klanders30
    klanders30 Posts: 2,569 Member
    Options
    Forgot to mention a very nifty craft store where items were made of felt, nifty hats and shoes all made of felt. <3<3
  • Snowflake1968
    Snowflake1968 Posts: 6,730 Member
    Options
    Oh dang. I turned this morning and my world spun. Vertigo is back with a vengeance!😥😢😕
    I did my maneuvers this morning, letting my husband see my eyes as they swirl. He felt so bad for me, patting my arm as I counted to 30. Its tough to do then as I feel so sick afterwards! But I have to do them!
    Rebecca

Do they know what is causing the vertigo? I can't imagine having to deal with this regularly.
  • pipcd34
    pipcd34 Posts: 16,526 Member
    Options
    Kkklklhgldfhjkll
  • SophieRosieMom
    SophieRosieMom Posts: 3,328 Member
    Options
    Oh dang. I turned this morning and my world spun. Vertigo is back with a vengeance!😥😢😕
    I did my maneuvers this morning, letting my husband see my eyes as they swirl. He felt so bad for me, patting my arm as I counted to 30. Its tough to do then as I feel so sick afterwards! But I have to do them!
    Rebecca

Rebecca - are you having any hearing loss or ringing in the ears with this? I had Meniere's many decades ago and vertigo was a part of it, I remember the ENT had me on diuretic's for a while. I sure hope you get over this episode quickly and STAY over it forever.

Glad your DH is supportive, I'm sure he wishes he could wave a magic wand.

It's frustrating and depressing to be caught up in it. Sending healing thoughts your way!!!

HUGS! <3

Lanette
    Sunny and HOT (85) SW WA State
  • janetr7476
    janetr7476 Posts: 4,001 Member
    Options
    Karen, oh I love Olivia's hair color. What a sweetheart. Thanks for sharing.

BTW I love C'oeur d'Alene. When my girls were babies we lived just over the Idaho border in Liberty Lake WA. We'd drive over there every chance we got <3.

Janetr OKC
  • skuehn48
    skuehn48 Posts: 2,814 Member
    Options
    Hi all: Nessa had an early morning grooming appointment. She looks so lovely now except for her ears. She has been chewing off the ends of both. The groomer tried to even them up but they are pretty short. Dson stopped by last evening to chat and show off his new Audi while DGD was at swim team practice. It was nice to see him. DGD is going to stay with us for a few days in September and we will celebrate her birthday then. She is going to be 14. It is really warm today but supposed to cool off again. I had to go into town today to pick up a Rx and since this is county fair time it was crazy with traffic. The fairgrounds are of course between us and town.

Wendy - I had a standard poodle but she died in December of last year. My best friend bred her labradoodle and insisted I needed one of the puppies. So Nessa came to live at our house in February. Her parents were about 40 and 45 pounds but she is already up to 49 pounds at 8 months. We completed puppy class and are waiting for a basic obedience class to be offered.

Rebecca - Sending healing angels your way. Hope this goes away soon.

NYKaren - Sounds like you had a wonderful trip. Enjoying all the pictures.

Rita - Love the street lamp. LOL

Everyone take care, Sue in WA
  • trespence
    trespence Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    Hello Everyone - I am new here. August goals have been met, in that I continue stay with my plan and am losing weight. My September goals is that I kick up my workouts. I'd like to regularly hit 10k steps, get to 20 pushups/day and lose 5 pounds :smile:
  • coastalgosgal
    coastalgosgal Posts: 2,900 Member
    Options
    No ringing in my ears. I have only gone to the doctor once here. He just hemmed and based and told me to do this maneuver.
    Rebecca
  • bwcetc
    bwcetc Posts: 2,748 Member
    Options
    Thank you for allowing me to share my rainbow story...

Love the stories about the grandparents/family. Absolutely, you must all write it down for future generations. When I was about 13 my grandmother sat with me an told me family stories about the Civil War. I wrote down everything she said...and now have them forever in my very childish smiley/hearts writing! :D

KarenNY ... beautiful photos worthy of framing!