WOMEN AGES 50+ FOR AUGUST 2018

Replies

• langman22
    langman22 Posts: 786 Member
    bevsteg wrote: »
    This is not really about my goals except that I am trying to recognize my bad habits so that I can teach myself to break them. I am looking for friends who can help me along the way, keep me accountable without judging my many failures along the way.

Just one extra mouthful

I want to share a small victory (well it's pretty big for me).
    There are so many bad habits that let us down, we think we are eating healthy and doing the right thing but those nasty little bad habits that have slowly crept in sabotage us without us even realizing it. Step one is to recognize them and then start changing them into good healthy habits.
    Well last night after work I cooked dinner and did some cooking for the rest of the week - tick - healthy habit - planning food for the week so I don't just grab what is quick and easy. Fast forward a couple of hours and meals were cool enough to be cut and portioned into meal servings. But there was this bit that didn't quite fit into the container, it was an inch away from my mouth before I realized what I was doing, NOOOOOOOOO! But it smelt so good, I couldn't throw it out, it didn't fit, it's just a mouthful, it's good food not junk, NOOOOOOOO! I made it fit into the container!
    How much do I put into my mouth without even thinking about it. Well now I'm trying to think about it and last night was the first step to breaking one bad habit and developing new good habits. It was actually very hard not to eat that last bit of food last night even after I had recognized what I was doing, I wasn't hungry, I just like food and it was good food and I really did want to eat it.

I am in control - Food will not control me!

Well done!
  • langman22
    langman22 Posts: 786 Member
    langman22 wrote: »
    Tried to walk but just couldn’t do it because I’m not in a walking cast. Guess I’ll be on the scooter when I go back to work next week. Can’t wait until it comes off on the 5th!

When do you get a walking cast on? Or will you be getting one at all?
    Tracey in Edmonton

This my second cast. They put one on right after surgery and two weeks later when I went in for my first post op visit they took that one off, checked out my incision, then put another one on. My surgery was July 26th and I’ve had a cast on since then. I will get this cast off for good on the 5th. Then I’ll go into a “boot”. I’ll be able to walk in that and take it off when I need to. I’m hoping I will be able to take a shower then without a bag over my leg. I will then start pt. This has been a very long ordeal.
  • suebdew
    suebdew Posts: 1,330 Member
    Katla- I am excited for you and know you will have a wonderful visit.
    Barbie- sorry you are in pain. The weatherman said tonight that the smoke may make it to North Texas tomorrow.
    Welcome to the new ladies, hugs to those suffering and thanks for all the wise words.
    SueBDew in TX
  • pipcd34
    pipcd34 Posts: 16,504 Member
    Pip,I say, you have a lush lawn! Great grass makes happy dogs!💗
    Rebecca

That is an old pic 😀
  • brennerjlb
    brennerjlb Posts: 720 Member
    Pip - tell me about your dogs. They are beautiful. Black lab and golden? I have a 6 month old chocolate. How big is your lab? We were in search of a normal lab - in our opinion 70 lbs. Maggie as 54 at 6 months. :# But we love her to death. Just anxiously waiting to see how big she will get.
  • brennerjlb
    brennerjlb Posts: 720 Member
    Karla - my daughter almost moved to Portland. She had job offers there and Denver and she opted for Denver! Enjoy the company!
  • pipcd34
    ytzdnwfn56hr.jpg

The big guy is rocky, he was a therapy dog, won lots of titles, visited hospitals and schools and nursing homes with him. That is a young Floyd, the 3rd golden
  • pipcd34
    edited August 2018
    qmvw7f0fcbp2.jpg

Rocky passed just short of his 11th bday. After him was bullwinkle. Named her that cuz the first was rocky. She is a darker colored one. Floyd is number 3, got him after Father's Day so we named him after kirbys dad. That's an older Floyd in the middle
  • pipcd34
    pg2igidog9lw.jpg
    0hsgm54r3aj7.jpg

The idea was to get one every 4 years so they can learn from the older one. Last one is yogi. Our 1st non golden, we skipped a year when we got him.
  • barbiecat
    barbiecat Posts: 16,903 Member
    :)bevsteg,being aware of what you are doing that strays from the path is the first step in changing those old behaviours. Congrats to you.
  • bwcetc
    bwcetc Posts: 2,746 Member
    This is not really about my goals except that I am trying to recognize my bad habits so that I can teach myself to break them. I am looking for friends who can help me along the way, keep me accountable without judging my many failures along the way.

Just one extra mouthful

How much do I put into my mouth without even thinking about it. Well now I'm trying to think about it and last night was the first step to breaking one bad habit and developing new good habits. It was actually very hard not to eat that last bit of food last night even after I had recognized what I was doing, I wasn't hungry, I just like food and it was good food and I really did want to eat it.

I am in control - Food will not control me!

Yay for you!! I am a fan of the Organize Yourself Skinny blog and just today she sent an email about this same subject. It's the little things that derail us... mindless little bites that end up tipping the scale.
  • coastalgosgal
    coastalgosgal Posts: 2,900 Member
    bevsteg, its hard but you did it! A small victory! I have a journal, and things like are definitely logged in! I look at preparing meals, precooking, and measuring out, as tasks to re train how I think. I read a lot of positive quotes and have them about my world. Its a part of my reprogramming. Keeping my foods separate from my husband and son, keeps things simple.
    Rebecca 💗

• kymarai
    kymarai Posts: 3,600 Member
    <3
  • exermom
    exermom Posts: 6,331 Member
    5 min hula hoop, held my plank for 3 minutes, then took the extreme pump class.

Lisa – you wear me out just reading all the traveling you do!

Kylia – how many trophies does that one make now?

I am so so tired right now. I know why. My sinuses were acting up so I took a Sudafed last night. Whenever I take a Sudafed I am awake all night. Since I didn’t get any sleep, that’s why I’m tired. My sinuses are starting to act up again, so better take it again.

Vince just told me that he logged into the Newcomer website and it looks like he has access to the entire website. Fortunately, he knows enough about computer programs (the website is in WordPress) not to do anything. But to me, this is scary. If that can happen to him, what’s to say that a member could get access and unknowingly mess up the website. To me, it’s messed up enough

Elizabeth in GA – Congrats on the weight loss. A good-looking trainer, what more can you ask for? Where are you getting the puppy? Can’t wait to see pictures.

Lenora – Jess has inseminated a cow. She said that was really scary. She wants to be a research vet, not a family vet.

Kelly – Vince is like your dh. He believes in a pill for everything. And I’m just the complete opposite, I want to take as few medications as possible. Some of them are absolutely necessary, I understand that.

Exercised, stopped at the Salvation Army, then Aldi, then home to put things away, then bowling, home for dinner, ceramics and mahjongg. Finally home

The girl at mahjongg is the person who gets the speakers for the Newcomer general meeting. There is a crawler on the top of the website. She’s usually very good about updating the crawler. Well, I noticed that it hadn’t been updated & she said it was because she couldn’t get in. Another gal told her that the webmaster did something and now the website is down.

I tell you, the president is really out of it. I saw the agenda for the board meeting, she has something on it about sponsoring a hole at the Toys for Tots golf tournament. We’ve done this for the past couple of years. This year she said it was $200, Vince just checked his register and last year we paid $100. She’s really out of it. And I suspect it’s not going to get any better. It’s coming up on a year since her husband died.

Good job langman!

Bevsteg – WOO HOO

Michele in NC
  • bevsteg
    bevsteg Posts: 29 Member
    @coastalgosgal How old is your Lego loving son? Mine is 16 and also loves Lego although is more into star wars and stuff. Definitely not crazy!

It is hard when you just 'want' that food!
  • coastalgosgal
    @coastalgosgal How old is your Lego loving son? Mine is 16 and also loves Lego although is more into star wars and stuff. Definitely not crazy!

It is hard when you just 'want' that food!

My son is 29! He's been in the Navy for 10 years, and has committed to 6 more. Then he has only 2 more years to fulfill his 20 years.👍 He's my gentle giant, and will be that uncle EVERYONE wants to visit!
    More pics you can share with 16 yr old!
    90ugrpccnokw.jpeg
    4f624wdvwbxe.jpg
    cownjsjy21g1.jpeg
    My son is into Star Wars ones too.
    💗Rebecca

• coastalgosgal
    The oriental Lego sets are Chinese Legos, but that's just cool in my book!
    Rebecca