If it didn't have calories, right now I would eat...

Options

Replies

• jjjhearts
    jjjhearts Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    NovusDies wrote: »
    NovusDies wrote: »
    Pizza. I love it and it's really hard to give up, especially now that we have a pretty good pizza place in town. I grew up in NJ, and pizza is just a way of life.

Is there a reason you gave it up? I eat it almost once a week.

I'm trying to make healthier choices. But if it didn't have any calories, I could eat it every day.

Healthy should mentally healthy too. That is why moderation is important to keep us from going too far in any one direction. I eat tons of what most people consider to be healthy foods but I eat chips, pizza, BACON, etc. too.

I'm curious: would moderation in your case be something like 80% healthy and 20% other? Or treating yourself to a once/twice-per-week cheat meal?
  • alteredsteve175
    alteredsteve175 Posts: 2,716 Member
    Options
    All fans of this thread should also check the link below. It started out as a list of calorie dense foods, and there's lots of yummy looking food of all types in the following pages.

https://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/discussion/10142490/a-list-of-calorie-dense-foods/p1
  • Crafty_camper123
    Crafty_camper123 Posts: 1,440 Member
    Options
    I know.. I'm one of *those* people... But Pumpkin Spice season is almost here!

pumpkin-spice-latte-3.jpg

PumpkinChocChipMuffins_600.jpg

Pumpkin-Pie-Image.jpg#pumpkin%20pie%201000x667
  • quiksylver296
    quiksylver296 Posts: 28,442 Member
    Options
    Oooh, pumpkin chai. I allow myself ONE per season. I could drink one every morning. Soooo delicious.

That pumpkin pie does not have nearly enough Cool Whip. (Yes, Cool Whip. Not whipped cream.)
  • pinuplove
    pinuplove Posts: 12,874 Member
    edited August 2018
    Options
    Oooh, pumpkin chai. I allow myself ONE per season. I could drink one every morning. Soooo delicious.

That pumpkin pie does not have nearly enough Cool Whip. (Yes, Cool Whip. Not whipped cream.)

Not even whipped cream in a can?
    7uiblhm3r2go.jpg
  • quiksylver296
    Options
    pinuplove wrote: »

7uiblhm3r2go.jpg

Ew. Especially that.

I don't mind actual homemade whipped cream. I hate the can stuff. It's hubby's favorite, so I have to buy both.
  • Crafty_camper123
    edited August 2018
    Options

Yeah... I used to have cool whip on the side just to eat it.
    Also, Bigelow makes pumpkin spice tea. Combine that with a bit of coffee creamer and maybe a bit of hot chocolate, and you have a drink that is fairly close in flavor. It's actually what spurred on the pumkin cravings today! :smiley:

EDIT: I WAS JUST SEARCHING FOR THAT MEME!!!! But I couldn't find a link that wasn't broken. :confused:
  • pinuplove
    Options

7uiblhm3r2go.jpg

Ew. Especially that.

I don't mind actual homemade whipped cream. I hate the can stuff. It's hubby's favorite, so I have to buy both.

I'm on hubby's side!
  • quiksylver296
    Options

Also, Bigelow makes pumpkin spice tea. Combine that with a bit of coffee creamer and maybe a bit of hot chocolate, and you have a drink that is fairly close in flavor. It's actually what spurred on the pumkin cravings today! :smiley:

EDIT: I WAS JUST SEARCHING FOR THAT MEME!!!! But I couldn't find a link that wasn't broken. :confused:

But what about frozen Cool Whip, @Crafty_camper123???
  • quiksylver296
    Options
    kimny72 wrote: »

What about whipped cream in a can?

My humble opinion-

The can is for squirting directly into your mouth when you're bored. Or to make nice little curly cues on your dessert when you need to feel fancy. Cool Whip is to actually put on a dessert. Or to freeze and eat with a spoon as "college student mousse". Real whipped cream is fine if someone else is willing to make it. :lol:

Oh, yes...
  • quiksylver296
    Options
    I've heard amazing things about this, but I can't find it...

k7i5dcbqyhwd.jpg
  • Crafty_camper123
    Options

But what about frozen Cool Whip, @Crafty_camper123???

I love it in all it's forms. I feel like it's extra special when it's still a little frozen sitting on the thanksgiving/ Christmas table. I remember my dad being disappointed/ worried once because he forgot to thaw it for pie. I was not. :lol:
  • pinuplove
    Options
    kimny72 wrote: »

What about whipped cream in a can?

My humble opinion-

The can is for squirting directly into your mouth when you're bored. Or to make nice little curly cues on your dessert when you need to feel fancy. Cool Whip is to actually put on a dessert. Or to freeze and eat with a spoon as "college student mousse". Real whipped cream is fine if someone else is willing to make it. :lol:

It's also great when you get to the end of the can and there a little nitrous oxide left.

Not that I would ever do that...
  • SuzySunshine99
    SuzySunshine99 Posts: 2,983 Member
    Options

1gegj74auqhr.jpg
  • Crafty_camper123
    Options
    I've heard amazing things about this, but I can't find it...

k7i5dcbqyhwd.jpg

image.png

Side note: That would be AMAZING in a no bake cheesecake....

• Crafty_camper123
    Options

1gegj74auqhr.jpg

Not everything should be pumpkin spiced though... :cold_sweat: