If it didn't have calories, right now I would eat...

Replies

• mtaratoot
    mtaratoot Posts: 13,153 Member
    liyws6c0tkq8.jpg

Wait -- this has calories? Even on Saturday? Damn.

• slimgirljo15
    slimgirljo15 Posts: 269,440 Member
    mtaratoot wrote: »
    lx1x wrote: »
    When you go to the grocery store hungry.. 😌

Jumped in the cart and went home with me..

I have a surprising will power at the grocery, but if kettle chips get in my basket, I know what's for dinner. Or lunch if it's early enough.
    deo0uj7rig8n.png

I looove the chilli kettle chips 🤤
  • mtaratoot
    edited September 2019

I have a surprising will power at the grocery, but if kettle chips get in my basket, I know what's for dinner. Or lunch if it's early enough.
    deo0uj7rig8n.png

I like unsalted probably best. Second best is a tie of sea salt, salt, & black pepper, and sea salt & vinegar. Of the flavored ones, dill pickle, peproncini, jalapeno, and roasted garlic probably top the list. I didn't like maple bacon, but if you offered me some, I wouldn't be so rude as to turn 'em down. I might still be rude and NOT give 'em back.

So is it just me, or were they better before they sold to Lay's and were made in Oregon?

• slimgirljo15
    slimgirljo15 Posts: 269,440 Member

deo0uj7rig8n.png

deo0uj7rig8n.png

I like unsalted probably best. Second best is a tie of sea salt, salt, & black pepper, and sea salt & vinegar. Of the flavored ones, dill pickle, peproncini, jalapeno, and roasted garlic probably top the list. I didn't like maple bacon, but if you offered me some, I wouldn't be so rude as to turn 'em down. I might still be rude and NOT give 'em back.

So is it just me, or were they better before they sold to Lay's and were made in Oregon?

I've not tried the other varieties you mentioned. I'm in Australia and this is our kettle chips.. they are made in Australia by The Kettle Chip Company.
    6b04hs88on6n.jpg
    I want to try these..
    s6rx4bf0gcyh.jpg
  • mtaratoot
    Maybe we should mail each other some different flavors. Those both look delicious.
  • MoxyLeigh
    MoxyLeigh Posts: 433 Member
    I get over-excited about the himalayan salt kettle chips fried in avocado oil. If they're on sale I havta at least spend a long time batting my eyelashes at em while I decide if they're going home with me or not.
  • mtaratoot
    Don't stand there too long. The calories will jump out of the bag and enter through your eyes and then you have to do a detox. :yum:

I do that too. I almost never bring any home. I did get a bag for late night snacking at Squirrel's party over Labor Day. I only ate half of them. What was I thinking?
  • MoxyLeigh
    MoxyLeigh Posts: 433 Member
    I am appalled by your lack of follow-though. ;):D
  • pancakerunner
    pancakerunner Posts: 6,137 Member
    MoxyLeigh wrote: »
    I get over-excited about the himalayan salt kettle chips fried in avocado oil. If they're on sale I havta at least spend a long time batting my eyelashes at em while I decide if they're going home with me or not.

2zm3y08ziwgs.png

Okay, but have you tried THESE ^^
  • LAT1963
    LAT1963 Posts: 1,375 Member
    edited September 2019
    LAT1963 wrote: »
    I'm saving a peach for dessert tonight.

woo

Well, I had more than the peach for dessert, I turned it into a major meal component by making a fruit salad of peach, watermelon, sugar-kiss melon (a galia hybrid), local strawberries, blueberries, mango, and golden kiwi.

I know this is a thread for 'forbidden' foods, the problem is I just don't like most of the pre-packaged stuff people are posting; I associate those things with feeling sick afterwards. The kinds of high-calorie things that tempt me are over-sized fruits (good food, bad portion), nuts, excess butter on a vegetable, authentic Japanese ramen made with pork belly....stuff that doesn't lend itself to pics of dietary excess.

add: I'm thinking that maybe a lot of people have problems being tempted by the dramatic tastes of 'junk' food, where maybe my weight problem is portion control rather than portion content? If I didn't have to worry about calories I could probably eat a pound of honeybaked ham, where a healthy portion is 4 oz.
  • LAT1963
    LAT1963 Posts: 1,375 Member
    Can't post pics from the web portal. Here's a link to the image of a forbidden food the rest of you maybe can relate to: https://images.app.goo.gl/eUuuoTUcBTbwccND8
  • qwebster01
    qwebster01 Posts: 22 Member
    Sorry no pic
    I would be eating fried chicken with macaroni and cheese, and an orange soda.
  • pancakerunner

woo

Well, I had more than the peach for dessert, I turned it into a major meal component by making a fruit salad of peach, watermelon, sugar-kiss melon (a galia hybrid), local strawberries, blueberries, mango, and golden kiwi.

I know this is a thread for 'forbidden' foods, the problem is I just don't like most of the pre-packaged stuff people are posting; I associate those things with feeling sick afterwards. The kinds of high-calorie things that tempt me are over-sized fruits (good food, bad portion), nuts, excess butter on a vegetable, authentic Japanese ramen made with pork belly....stuff that doesn't lend itself to pics of dietary excess.

add: I'm thinking that maybe a lot of people have problems being tempted by the dramatic tastes of 'junk' food, where maybe my weight problem is portion control rather than portion content? If I didn't have to worry about calories I could probably eat a pound of honeybaked ham, where a healthy portion is 4 oz.

I can absolutely relate. I can't buy over the counter deli lunch meat because it will be gone in one sitting.
  • pancakerunner
    kimny72 wrote: »

woo

You can post any foods you find tempting but the calorie count makes it tough, even if it's not junk food. In fact I'd bet you can find some yummy pictures of ramen on google. I could totally blow my calories for the day on a big bowl of ramen! And I'm pretty sure there's been plenty of decadent whole foods in this 170+ page thread.

Some people are saying whether they do or dont like others guilty pleasures, but in a humorous way, not in a "you shouldn't eat that crap" way. Problem solving and math happen all over the rest of the boards. We're just having a little fun in here, it's a not-so-serious zone :smile:

This! We don't want food police.
  • Hooliekom
    Hooliekom Posts: 94 Member
    slr779efoils.jpg
    iawxze5znwja.jpg

What is in the top picture, please? I don't know what I'm looking at but I'm fairly convinced that I need it...
  • kimny72
    kimny72 Posts: 16,013 Member
    Ok, I found one. Yum!

mzlvqfyrda7e.jpg
  • lx1x
    lx1x Posts: 38,310 Member
    Pizza.. not too bad calories wise.. under 500 per half pie..
    2mjndir657jh.jpg
    It was yummy.. room for the carrot cake later and possibly ice cream.