If it didn't have calories, right now I would eat...

Replies

• pancakerunner
    pancakerunner Posts: 6,137 Member
    VegjoyP wrote: »
    dcwjn3pwiymd.jpg
    Still haven’t tried these but want to. Might be a Good thing I don’t live near a Krispy Kreme.
    s'more cheesecake

s70v3nqf9wpt.jpg

Oh my gosh YES . THE WHOLE thing please.

olxasgu9xmwd.jpeg
    they also have spumomi cheesecake
  • PAPYRUS3
    PAPYRUS3 Posts: 13,259 Member
    douzjjpkl4tt.png
    Lime curd meringue tart
  • VegjoyP
    VegjoyP Posts: 2,693 Member
    j9whmxlxwqks.jpg
    mxv0r2g22ufq.jpg

Strait frosting-peanut butter and butter cream
  • thelastnightingale
    thelastnightingale Posts: 725 Member
    75534710_554823722036700_2790412300183467100_n.jpg?_nc_ht=scontent-lga3-2.cdninstagram.com&_nc_cat=100&_nc_ohc=CH2jH0K9gMcAX94XNc_&oh=f47c5beef59c09ec261f5a8de3507520&oe=5F630DAD

Sourdough pizza: dry San Marzano tomatoes, roasted potatoes & onions, British mozzarella, Colston Bassett stilton, seasonal pesto and a light tomato base.

I'm not sure potatoes should be allowed to be on pizza, and I know blue cheese is a bit of an acquired taste, but this is actually really nice...
  • ldma4747
    ldma4747 Posts: 3 Member
    gsxavlx95or1.jpg

Pizza, but my lactose intolerance says no, so I probably shouldn't.
  • mtaratoot
    mtaratoot Posts: 12,945 Member
    75534710_554823722036700_2790412300183467100_n.jpg?_nc_ht=scontent-lga3-2.cdninstagram.com&_nc_cat=100&_nc_ohc=CH2jH0K9gMcAX94XNc_&oh=f47c5beef59c09ec261f5a8de3507520&oe=5F630DAD

Sourdough pizza: dry San Marzano tomatoes, roasted potatoes & onions, British mozzarella, Colston Bassett stilton, seasonal pesto and a light tomato base.

I'm not sure potatoes should be allowed to be on pizza, and I know blue cheese is a bit of an acquired taste, but this is actually really nice...

There's a pizza shop near me that has roasted red potato as an ingredient. Let me just say that roasted potato, caramelized onions, and bacon makes a REALLY delicious pie. Baked potato pie. Some people also add cheddar; I figure I can do without the EXTRA cheese because it's already loaded. Too bad their dough is so yeasty. They also have gorgonzola, but I really just like the potato-onion-bacon combo.

I haven't had any in months and months. Maybe some time soon.
  • thelastnightingale
    mtaratoot wrote: »
    I haven't had any in months and months. Maybe some time soon.

We have a restaurant chain in the UK called Pizza Express. They also sell pizza to the supermarkets.

I had a Pizza Express Margherita over yesterday and today (it's the lowest calorie 'normal' pizza you can find in the supermarkets here that doesn't taste of cardboard, 304 calories per half) and that satisfied a craving.

Not as good as 'real' pizza, and definitely not as good as sourdough or deep pan pizza, but it reminded me how much I love pizza.

I can't afford the calories of the pizza I really want now, but when I ditch more weight and start doing more exercise (I'm working on the theory that when I'm lighter, working out will feel easier and I'll hopefully be more motivated), maybe I can go back to those glory days of lovely pizza.

I will never not love pizza. Judging by the number of pizza photos that end up in this thread, I suspect a lot of us feel the same way! ;)
  • mtaratoot
    edited August 2020
    I can't afford the calories of the pizza I really want now, but when I ditch more weight and start doing more exercise (I'm working on the theory that when I'm lighter, working out will feel easier and I'll hopefully be more motivated), maybe I can go back to those glory days of lovely pizza.

I think you WILL find it easier to move when you're carrying less. A few weeks ago, I gathered up three SCUBA weight belts to simulate having 30 extra pounds. My knees felt it immediately.

The other side of that coin is that as you have less mass, your body requires less fuel to move it, so your calorie allowance goes down. You can increase it with vigorous exercise, but it takes a lot. That 300 calorie pie? That's a three mile walk for a 180 pound person.

But this is starting to get off topic, so....

1l54i63qvyg9.png
  • pancakerunner
    I think I am going to make a pizza casserole thing today.
  • pancakerunner
    j1btyvygdv56.png
    or maybe a spinach and artichoke chicken bake?
  • thelastnightingale
    mtaratoot wrote: »
    I think you WILL find it easier to move when you're carrying less. A few weeks ago, I gathered up three SCUBA weight belts to simulate having 30 extra pounds. My knees felt it immediately.

The other side of that coin is that as you have less mass, your body requires less fuel to move it, so your calorie allowance goes down. You can increase it with vigorous exercise, but it takes a lot. That 300 calorie pie? That's a three mile walk for a 180 pound person.

I'm hoping to get back into running. I did it for years, was very slow, and never got any faster. I'm convinced from watching new runners start running that as long as you're a certain weight, you'll have a certain max time (assuming no hidden health issues).

If I can run at a normal, average pace, I can run with my friends, and therefore exercise more often. I won't run with them at present because they run up to two times as quickly as me. If the pace differential is only very small, I won't mind finally accepting their offers to run with them.

And to stay on topic, here is an individual banoffee pie:

banoffee-pies-60849-1.jpeg

I do love banoffee pie. Not as much as pizza, but a lot.

I don't think there's any way to make one of those healthy... :)
  • thelastnightingale
    edited August 2020
    or maybe a spinach and artichoke chicken bake?

I never have a craving for chicken. Pizza, however...

Or, just lots and lots of cheese.

_eMlN756h0NRkL034tybenzBc5mgBqVxHq5HTQiRY4Zn0X7HSKnY5uOgMWPzLcXuFmQDjya5D2DXzgHz3mfyp4Sem3b_t1-OPQ5QGOJ4hmeNUxdcJK68cPS9baSL5pOy1cAF9Vl75mW7ncf5oyU0A4fbR08zCIXL_qI6wpFm

I love tartiflette. You can adapt it to make it vegan, so I though I'd oblige with a lardon-less version.
  • mtaratoot
    I'm going to break the rules because it was so tasty. It was actually less than 550 calories, and it was delish.

rsahcuw9714s.jpg

While waiting for the gazpacho I made from the garden to meld, I dug into the smoked pork I made last week plus a cucumber and some sungold and estrena cherry toms. The steaky looking stuff is sliced loin. The burned looking stuff is pulled shoulder.

I broke the rules when I ate it because I had WHITE wine. Yeah. So there!
  • PAPYRUS3
    PAPYRUS3 Posts: 13,259 Member
    dtzojvpoetag.png
    cashew butter and toast...that's all
  • VegjoyP
    PAPYRUS3 wrote: »
    dtzojvpoetag.png
    cashew butter and toast...that's all

I am right with you!!!!!
  • VegjoyP
    g90qzugkdyvm.jpg
    zgqcntbf2cyz.jpg
    7kuht1b9akkh.jpg
  • pancakerunner
    qx45zslf1rkn.png
  • quiksylver296
    quiksylver296 Posts: 28,443 Member
    I want to just pour the whole box into a large mixing bowl, add a half-gallon of milk, and go to town!

onad2094vvrr.jpg
  • kimny72
    kimny72 Posts: 16,023 Member
    Wait, you can get Froot Loops with marshmallows?!? How did I not know that?