If it didn't have calories, right now I would eat...

Options

Replies

• mtaratoot
    mtaratoot Posts: 13,605 Member
    Options
    I turned yesterday's rye bread experiment into croutons because it was a failure. Today's rye bread was much better.
    v66pzdwgw104.jpg
    8v55j0wa8h4m.jpg
    2f0o05ccrdpn.jpg
    gdwandher2e9.jpg
    trjsgnnm6vos.jpg

Now the hard part is saving some for tomorrow.... And tomorrow I try the sourdough baguette I've been thinking about. If it didn't have calories, there's no chance there would be any left tomorrow, that's for sure.

Fun experiments.
  • ReenieHJ
    ReenieHJ Posts: 9,724 Member
    Options
    Guess what I had today?

Pancakes?
    Cheesecake?
    Homemade cinnamon rolls?
    Sushi?
    Come on, a hint at least?? :)
  • ReenieHJ
    Options
    Nothing.. I could not possibly squeeze another mouthful in.. no matter what it is :D

I'm with you. Now that Christmas is officially over here too, and most of the sinful goodies are gone, I'm ready to reform. Apples and clementines are sounding mighty fine as well as a spinach and mushroom omelet. Today is a leftover ziti day but tomorrow I'm going grocery shopping and stocking my kitchen with much better stuff.
    But what do I do with the unopened brown sugar and big bag of chocolate chips that I expected to need but didn't. :( Maybe I'll give it to my former daycare mom. :) She's got 2 little girls who love chocolate chips. :smiley:
  • slimgirljo15
    slimgirljo15 Posts: 269,452 Member
    Options
    ReenieHJ wrote: »
    Nothing.. I could not possibly squeeze another mouthful in.. no matter what it is :D

I'm with you. Now that Christmas is officially over here too, and most of the sinful goodies are gone, I'm ready to reform. Apples and clementines are sounding mighty fine as well as a spinach and mushroom omelet. Today is a leftover ziti day but tomorrow I'm going grocery shopping and stocking my kitchen with much better stuff.
    But what do I do with the unopened brown sugar and big bag of chocolate chips that I expected to need but didn't. :( Maybe I'll give it to my former daycare mom. :) She's got 2 little girls who love chocolate chips. :smiley:

Yep.. exactly this Reenie. I ate all the things and honestly I'm looking forward to some nice fresh produce. I gave away the biscuits and pretzels I had left and a few other things that would taunt me if I kept them. No regrets though, I thoroughly enjoyed my 2 days of total freedom. 😃 I hope you had a great Christmas Reenie 🤗
  • ReenieHJ
    Options

Yep.. exactly this Reenie. I ate all the things and honestly I'm looking forward to some nice fresh produce. I gave away the biscuits and pretzels I had left and a few other things that would taunt me if I kept them. No regrets though, I thoroughly enjoyed my 2 days of total freedom. 😃 I hope you had a great Christmas Reenie 🤗

Thanks Slimgirl! You as well. Now on to taking better care of ourselves. :)
  • pancakerunner
    pancakerunner Posts: 6,137 Member
    Options
    Guess what I had today?

Pancakes?
    Cheesecake?
    Homemade cinnamon rolls?
    Sushi?
    Come on, a hint at least?? :)

Toaster strudel! lol
  • VegjoyP
    VegjoyP Posts: 2,736 Member
    Options
    I didn't do anything for Christmas or Christmas eve so I'm actually having a " semi splurge", not bad or calorie but with mushrooms maranated in tomato sauce my roomate had for her family's vegan lasagna. I didn't have any but had the tomato mushroom sauce in shiritaki, plant based Queso dip and dehydrated zucchini that I got today from farmers market. They were expensive but so good!

• mtaratoot
    mtaratoot Posts: 13,605 Member
    Options

cm847nj97jof.jpg

Whole wheat buttermilk biscuits. Again. Two extra steps helped: flour/butter mix went back in the freezer while the oven pre-heated, and I put the baking tray on a hot baking stone. Light. Flaky. Buttery. I'm surprised there's any left.....

Decent whole wheat caraway rye yesterday:
    b6l1one14rc2.jpg

Sourdough is rising even now for a small batch of baguettes.
  • pancakerunner
    Options
    209bz5o9ttdr.png
    dinner rolls and butter
  • pancakerunner
    Options
    x7xl6ayzw1lm.png
    cms1ljcmwm6j.png
  • orangegato
    orangegato Posts: 6,570 Member
    Options
    fp8003fc09nh.png

OMG!!
  • orangegato
    orangegato Posts: 6,570 Member
    Options
    x7xl6ayzw1lm.png
    cms1ljcmwm6j.png

OMG!!!
  • shredsx
    shredsx Posts: 44 Member
    Options
    fp8003fc09nh.png

deep dish pizza will forever hold a special place in my heart this is 100 percent what i am craving too
  • corinasue1143
    corinasue1143 Posts: 7,467 Member
    Options
    The rest of the cookies! Yum!
  • lemurcat2
    lemurcat2 Posts: 7,885 Member
    Options
    We are getting Pequod's (my favorite deep dish pizza) later this week. Can't wait. (But clearly that's not "if it didn't have calories, I would eat" since I plan to eat it.)
  • VegjoyP
    Options
    foq09tvq7eb5.jpg
    lazfx9dtt60r.jpg
    sm7o3vt03xut.jpg
    g7jn9yqhsisd.jpg
  • VegjoyP
    Options
    VegjoyP wrote: »
    foq09tvq7eb5.jpg