If it didn't have calories, right now I would eat...

Options

Replies

• ReenieHJ
    ReenieHJ Posts: 9,724 Member
    Options
    rgij1aycq237.png

This and a spoon and you wouldn't see me for a couple of days.
  • PAPYRUS3
    PAPYRUS3 Posts: 13,259 Member
    Options
    3aizadskd7c6.png
    I'll take @VegjoyP's blondies....💗
  • snowflake954
    snowflake954 Posts: 8,399 Member
    Options
    PAPYRUS3 wrote: »
    senalay788 wrote: »
    Pan Fried Brie with Peppered Honey....These are the best crackers imo (more like a cookie to me...)
    k8z84sq74pe0.png

I am munching on one of the items on this plate right now. The other item looks gross to me :)

Well, you know I'm now wondering what your gross out item is! Is it the...crackers?

Nope. I am munching on the crisps. I am not a fan on that slab of cheesy mess... never was, never will be. Even back in my "fun" days.

After I posted this, I later thought that it was most likely the cheese. Actually the crackers inspired me to post it in the first place 🤣🤣 I could totally leave the brie cheese but I would absolutely love those crackers with some blue cheese or salty feta.😉

C'mon guys don't leave me hanging! What kind of crackers are they!?!
    fq3g87515w7l.png

hwg94lgo8l2w.pnglkydwzfalgbu.png

There would be many instances where I'd much rather have a few of these instead of dessert!

Those look so good, do they have a name? I've never seen anything like them before, but need to try them now, lol. I searched amazon for "seedy crackers" but didn't see anything that looked like them.
    I like this brand: 3fvn5ghlwr75.png
    Trader Joe's has some too.
    Easy to make them though to: https://under500calories.com/recipe/23c86-copycat-trader-joes-pumpkin-cranberry-crisps

We don't have these here (Italy), but they look fantastic and I'm going to make some. I've got all the ingredients. Will post pics when done. Thanks for the recipe.

I made them. The recipe made 42--30 cal each. I couldn't slice mine any thinner than this. I substituted pumpkin seeds for sunflower, and grated apple for pumpkin, and watered greek yogurt for buttermilk.rnzb8rmmoyeo.jpg
    qp9j1lckf41x.jpg
  • ReenieHJ
    ReenieHJ Posts: 9,724 Member
    Options
    @Snowflake954 they look good! How hard were they to make and are they as tasty as they appear?
  • snowflake954
    Options
    ReenieHJ wrote: »
    @Snowflake954 they look good! How hard were they to make and are they as tasty as they appear?

No--not hard to make. There's a long list of ingredients, but you can leave out or sub things. The hard thing is finding containers to bake them in, and they have to be 2/3 full because they expand. I oiled tall glass jars that were straight tubes. After baking when they cool a bit, you have to slide them out, completely cool and then freeze the cylinders. Thaw about 20 min and then slice, and rebake 20 min. It's something that takes patience. If I lived in the USA and could buy them, I probably wouldn't go through all the work. I've never eaten the original ones to compare the taste. They were sweeter than I thought and if I do it again, I'll up the salt a bit, or leave out the 3 tbl brown sugar.
  • snowflake954
    edited January 2021
    Options
    Pan Fried Brie with Peppered Honey....These are the best crackers imo (more like a cookie to me...)
    k8z84sq74pe0.png

I am munching on one of the items on this plate right now. The other item looks gross to me :)

Well, you know I'm now wondering what your gross out item is! Is it the...crackers?

Nope. I am munching on the crisps. I am not a fan on that slab of cheesy mess... never was, never will be. Even back in my "fun" days.

After I posted this, I later thought that it was most likely the cheese. Actually the crackers inspired me to post it in the first place 🤣🤣 I could totally leave the brie cheese but I would absolutely love those crackers with some blue cheese or salty feta.😉

fq3g87515w7l.png

There would be many instances where I'd much rather have a few of these instead of dessert!

I took another look at these pics and I could cut down on the work by using small loaf pans lined w parchment paper instead of tubes trying to get the round shape. I plan to try that and add more seeds and nuts--I like the first pic a lot.

I also will leave out the sugar so they'll be less sweet.
  • PAPYRUS3
    PAPYRUS3 Posts: 13,259 Member
    Options
    k8z84sq74pe0.png

fq3g87515w7l.png

I took another look at these pics and I could cut down on the work by using small loaf pans lined w parchment paper instead of tubes trying to get the round shape. I plan to try that and add more seeds and nuts--I like the first pic a lot.

I also will leave out the sugar so they'll be less sweet.

No doubt using pans instead of jars would be easier and I think eliminating the sugar would be good idea too. The fruit has the perfect amount of sweet. Gosh...now I'll be craving these things all day now!🙃
  • pancakerunner
    pancakerunner Posts: 6,137 Member
    Options
    IT'S FRIDAY Y'ALL
  • pancakerunner
    Options
    tb1drydeqbjy.png
    40edoq7fdia8.png
  • pancakerunner
    Options
    trd2qv2x7usq.png
  • pancakerunner
    Options
    2bb3spuq4hco.png
  • pancakerunner
    Options
    n952jy5rlgv8.png
    hpbolcqn37ew.png
  • Noreenmarie1234
    Noreenmarie1234 Posts: 7,493 Member
    Options
    i6mzumow965t.jpeg
  • pancakerunner
    Options
    warm cookies and milk :)))
  • pancakerunner
    Options
    qs90gc7g1h01.png
    omg
  • lx1x
    lx1x Posts: 38,313 Member
    Options
    uvc5n20q7g3k.jpg
    It's pizza Friday. 😇
  • pancakerunner
    Options
    lx1x wrote: »
    uvc5n20q7g3k.jpg
    It's pizza Friday. 😇

here for it!
  • mtaratoot
    mtaratoot Posts: 13,371 Member
    Options
    Mmmmm.... pizzza.....

k3d0enf3xsly.png

09sz54m57as4.png

yvqi7sgpz3qa.png

b955xkj8dk4h.png

9bvqymsdqd7d.png

iudh9265fhvs.png

2ab0rbz5hk9g.png

• mtaratoot
    mtaratoot Posts: 13,371 Member
    Options
    VegjoyP wrote: »
    b2fag1aokwtx.jpg
    bxmajuynsx8g.jpg

Oh yes. I do love bagels. And if you do, too, you might like some rolls I made early this week.....
    s23ts7fgs4dd.jpg

If they didn't have any calories, they wouldn't have lasted until today.....

They made quite a few good sandwiches, and the neighbors I gave some to loved 'em too. The down side, of course, is I haven't had a bagel in a few weeks.
  • VegjoyP
    VegjoyP Posts: 2,728 Member
    Options
    tb1drydeqbjy.png
    40edoq7fdia8.png

You are speaking my language :)