I'm going to kill my husband

Options

Replies

• StrongAndHealthyMommy
    StrongAndHealthyMommy Posts: 1,255 Member
    Options
    the only thing he cares about is a horrible pic he has that takes the whole wall... it is freaking ugly!!!!!!! everyone asks me WTH it is and that we should throw it away..... but he LLLLLOOOOOOVVVVVEEEESSSSS it..... every time he says I don't care, I try to give away the pic and he gets mad LOL
  • Ocarina
    Ocarina Posts: 1,550 Member
    Options
    I get that too then backfire it on him with offensively girly stuff :smokin: :devil:
  • anemoneprose
    anemoneprose Posts: 1,805 Member
    Options
    presort your faves, and give him only three choices at one time. "this one, this one, or this one" will be easier for him than "ochre or mustard or earth clay? or maybe mint or seagrass or blue clover? or MAYBE ecru or eggshell or cream?" just 3.

more work for you but less agony

I do it all the time and he says.... whatever I don't care.... and then he gives his opinion once he sees it completely done....

maybe ask him to decide on just one thing a day? he's probably overwhelmed if you're asking him stuff all the time.

or maybe he has a hard time picturing how all the pieces will come together? i don't know, maybe organize swatches together on a sort of 'inspiration board' (jesus) so he gets a feel for how various looks might ultimately work. pictures etc.

or, hire a designer, they know how to elicit decisions.

(i'm so glad i don't have to do that sort of thing anymore; i've just gone for ecru & asked NO ONE :happy: Not advocating murder, at all, btw, or even divorce)
  • lynda3y9
    lynda3y9 Posts: 62 Member
    Options
    I think we are married to the same man!! Mine says the exact same thing! He finally just said, he doesnt like making decision, and I can do whatever I want, he will complain either way. Geeeeez!

So, now I say, no opinion, no complaints.

i think we all married the same guy! mine also answers a question with another one.

i say paint it pink... he'll have an opinion then :-)
  • cmcollins001
    cmcollins001 Posts: 3,472 Member
    Options
    the only thing he cares about is a horrible pic he has that takes the whole wall... it is freaking ugly!!!!!!! everyone asks me WTH it is and that we should throw it away..... but he LLLLLOOOOOOVVVVVEEEESSSSS it..... every time he says I don't care, I try to give away the pic and he gets mad LOL

So, what I hear you saying is, you don't want to appreciate his opinion and you clearly have two different tastes in decor, so whatever he says you're not going to like. So, by saying, "whatever, don't care" he's actually saying, "Oh good grief woman, stop asking me questions, that, if I answer the way I want you'll tell me I'm wrong and want to 'discuss' why its wrong..so whatever, don't care is easier."
  • taso42
    taso42 Posts: 8,980 Member
    Options
    the choice of topic title is going to look really bad in court.
  • MoreBean13
    MoreBean13 Posts: 8,701 Member
    Options
    Just pick all really ugly stuff.

That'll show him.
  • anemoneprose
    anemoneprose Posts: 1,805 Member
    Options

So, what I hear you saying is, you don't want to appreciate his opinion and you clearly have two different tastes in decor, so whatever he says you're not going to like. So, by saying, "whatever, don't care" he's actually saying, "Oh good grief woman, stop asking me questions, that, if I answer the way I want you'll tell me I'm wrong and want to 'discuss' why its wrong..so whatever, don't care is easier."

sounds like he's like a lot of men and just likes big things. a big painting, a big tv, whatever. you never hear of a guy really digging his heels in for a vase.
  • zedgt87
    zedgt87 Posts: 379 Member
    Options
    i care

wk beta
  • michellekicks
    michellekicks Posts: 3,624 Member
    Options
    What if he worded it differently and said, "Oh my love, I don't mind. You choose. I want you to be happy and you have such a great eye for this kind of thing. I'll just let you know if I really object, but otherwise I love your choices!"

Would that be better? Cuz that's probably what he means.

Or he means he REALLY doesn't care at all what the inside of his house looks like. It's probably somewhere in between... more like, "Yeah mostly I don't care as long as my house kinda looks as presentable as every other house with a recent remodel. I'm sure you can make pretty decent decisions, after all, you married me, right?"
  • Achaila
    Achaila Posts: 264 Member
    Options
    Sounds about like my husband. His answer to just about everything is "I don't care." or "Whatever you want." then I get what I want and he complains about it.

"But I don't want to eat this." Well, then you should of told me what you wanted when I asked instead of saying you don't care. :grumble:
  • YellowNightingale
    YellowNightingale Posts: 440 Member
    Options
    That's a man EXACTLY!
  • yeygoissaw
    Options
    hubbies just dont care. when he says he doesnt like it when you put it up, then tell him "not my problem, i asked you." if he cares for you he would stop complaining. if not, get rid of him :glasses: :glasses: :smokin: :smokin: :grumble:
  • StillStrugglin
    StillStrugglin Posts: 43 Member
    Options
    My ex ALWAYS had opinions about décor. SO. MANY. OPINIONS! And feelings, too. I was the one that was all, "Oh man, just pick a sofa. Honestly, as long as it's long enough for me to lie down on, I'm good. Oh, maybe we should get a yellow one so the dog hair won't show...?" *lol* So, just a note to say that SOME men do care. Like, WAY too much. ;)
  • NerdyDollee
    NerdyDollee Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I bet he would say "whatever, I don't care" about the divorce too lol.
  • desert_mom
    desert_mom Posts: 91 Member
    Options

You know, sometimes really unfortunate, tragic, unintended things happen to prized possessions during remodels.:tongue:
  • StrongAndHealthyMommy
    Options
    I bet he would say "whatever, I don't care" about the divorce too lol.

he would say: is that what you really one? ok whatever!!!! LOL
  • StrongAndHealthyMommy
    Options

You know, sometimes really unfortunate, tragic, unintended things happen to prized possessions during remodels.:tongue:

I think Im going to drop a black gallon of pain on it LOL
  • DopeItUp
    DopeItUp Posts: 18,771 Member
    Options
    Welcome to every man ever. And every woman ever.