I'm going to kill my husband

Replies

• Is your husband a man?
    If yes, please know...we dont give an F
  • pzacher68
    pzacher68 Posts: 38 Member
    Give me a choice of three colors, NOT Ecru, Eggshell, or Off White. Men have an eight color crayon box! That can be expanded three-fold by adding the magical words, 'light' or 'dark' to an barely manageable 24 colors!! That's all we need.

Additionally, in the kitchen, I TRULY DON'T CARE!!! Leave the man cave and garage alone though.

My spouse and I lived in stark white gov't housing for 20 years. If she wants to paint every other year to change up the color in our house, that's fine. I will let her go bat-crap crazy if she wants. I think she earned it, and will gladly help her paint.
  • onwarddownward
    onwarddownward Posts: 1,683 Member
    It might actually be either:

A. He doesn't want to pi$$ you off by picking the "wrong" thing

Or

B. He doesn't know what would look best and is playing the indifference card, rather than look stupid

How about you approach it differently:

"Honey, I picked these colors for the kitchen, the white is for the ceiling, the maple is for the cabinets and the walls will be cream. Do you think it's pretty?"

See if you get a yes or no answer. If you get a no, get some alternatives and try it again.

Good luck. Mine wants everything off white. Everything. I'm easing him into colors, but since painting is such a pain, I want to be sure he's happy before a brush touches the wall.
  • escloflowneCHANGED
    escloflowneCHANGED Posts: 3,038 Member
    I don't even care about this topic...
  • gzus7freek
    gzus7freek Posts: 494 Member
    images?q=tbn:ANd9GcTC_Cq3o9r6NnU6JfXN03DrptYL3w2pRYA0RB1AT7lo6OcWYTLxLg
  • sub10orbust
    sub10orbust Posts: 706 Member
    images?q=tbn:ANd9GcTC_Cq3o9r6NnU6JfXN03DrptYL3w2pRYA0RB1AT7lo6OcWYTLxLg

kinda mean .. callin op a beast
  • tmm_0127
    tmm_0127 Posts: 545 Member
    If he doesn't care, just pick ~whatever~ you want.

If he doesn't end up liking it, you can tell him he said he didn't care then so why does he care now? :P
  • darkguardian419
    darkguardian419 Posts: 1,302 Member
    As a married man I've learned that it's easier to just let her pick what she likes. That way you don't have to hear her b*** about it for the next 10 years because it's not exactly the way she wants it.

Seriously... it's not necessarily that we don't care, it's that we don't care enough about it to have to deal with it if it's not perfect to you. If you pick it and don't like it, then we don't get blamed for it (as much).
  • auroranflash
    auroranflash Posts: 3,569 Member
    Well now you CAN'T kill him after announcing it to the world. Do you even first degree?

This made me LOL.... Yes, I'm evil.
  • ladymiseryali
    ladymiseryali Posts: 2,555 Member
    I hear that a frying pan upside the head can cure that.....
  • Lochlyn_D
    Lochlyn_D Posts: 492 Member
    we are remodeling our house, and EVERY-SINGLE-TIME I ask him for an opinion his answer is: whatever I don't care...... do you want the cabinets of the kitchen black or any of those browns tones??? his answer: I don't care....... what color do you want the exterior of the house??? his answer.... whatever....... but then, if he doesn't like what I pick, once its done he complaints soooo much that I have to start all over again (of course without know WTF he wants...)

I think I should divorce him LOL:mad: :angry: :explode: :grumble: :noway:

Maybe, instead of bickering over small potatoes, you should just be thankful that you HAVE a house and the money and time to remodel it.
  • VeganLexi
    VeganLexi Posts: 960 Member
    Chill Winston :glasses:
  • jdad1
    jdad1 Posts: 1,899 Member
    As a married man I've learned that it's easier to just let her pick what she likes. That way you don't have to hear her b*** about it for the next 10 years because it's not exactly the way she wants it.

This is a direct quote from almost every man on the planet.
  • bcf7683
    bcf7683 Posts: 1,653 Member
    i care

would you marry me then????

I love to pick 4 or 5 different colors, or ideas and when I ask him he says: whatever.....

Narrow it down to your favorite 2 and tell him that it's not getting done until he picks which one it's going to be.
    If he doesn't pick, do something that's completely obnoxious- like paint the bathroom neon pink and get a Barbie shower curtain.

Then he'll share some opinions.
  • ldrosophila
    ldrosophila Posts: 7,512 Member
    First world problem...I got a paper cut
  • anemoneprose
    anemoneprose Posts: 1,805 Member
    This is how I deal with my husband; We were remodeling the room that will be the nursery before we were even pregnant. I picked out a wall colour, flooring and some of the furniture. Then I asked him something along the lines of "What's that wood stuff that goes on top of the floor and at the ceiling called? Should we have that too?" I know what it's called but me asking him gave him the opportunity to feel like he had some control, some knowledge that I didn't and really empowered him to make a decision and then even afterwards, helped me pick out a wardrobe and a matching chair with footstool. I'm not patronizing him because I know it's difficult for him to make a choice but I also know how helpful he likes to be when I need it so playing to his strengths is improving areas where he might not be so strong. It showed when we went to remodel the bathroom and he had already picked out the bathtub, wallboard and yes, more molding. =) Then we were able to sit and pick out together the sink and cabinets after a tiling disaster. I wanted river stones, river stones wouldn't work so we had to make a split decision on what to do and I don't make them that quickly either. Now we're working on the kitchen, we've got tentative plans on a 3-D modeler and he has said that it looks nice but that since I never let him cook the kitchen was really my domain. I appreciate it because I really do love cooking and playing house wife, so next I'm going to make him a "man cave" in one of the spare rooms in the house.

My point is that if he says he "doesn't care," give him a reason to care. If you are doing everything and dominating everything it can really make a man feel emasculated. It might be acting if you walk into a room and sigh and say in a wispy voice "Honey I just don't know what colour to paint this room... I know you like this piece of furniture, light fixture, big painting, could you help me pick some colours that you think would tie it all together?" Then when he makes a choice, don't disregard them, get some paint swatches in the colours he said, shades you like so he can hold them in his hands and tell him "Here are the colours YOU picked out. Which one do you like best?" Let him be dominate and manly and in charge.

You could always put on some lingerie in the colour you want, go into the room to be redone and ask him if the colour looks good in there. He won't soon forget that moment when he walks in and sees the walls each day.

Enough rambling! Best of luck!

point about giving him a hook in taken. otherwise,

Sorry, I like to give a lot of examples.

it's not the # of examples. it's the constant, effortful massaging of a fragile ego.

exhausting
  • jconnon
    jconnon Posts: 427 Member

Seriously... it's not necessarily that we don't care, it's that we don't care enough about it to have to deal with it if it's not perfect to you. If you pick it and don't like it, then we don't get blamed for it (as much).

Well said.
  • _noob_
    _noob_ Posts: 3,306 Member
  • swordsmith
    swordsmith Posts: 599 Member
    Speaking as a guy we truly dont care.

Give us a mancave to decorate like we want and the rest of the house is yours. Do whatever you want that makes you happy.

A happy wife is a happy life.
  • JessicaBR13
    JessicaBR13 Posts: 294 Member
    First world problem...I got a paper cut

^ Yup. LOL